CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood LongHitta is on a distinguished road LongHitta's Avatar

Telescopic Golf Club

Check this out, have any of you seen this before?

http://www.allinonegolfclub.com

I can't beleive a Toronto company is selling this thing, I would only expect this from the States. Shame on you if you actually have bought this club.

Pitching Wedge RailRoad17 is on a distinguished road
    Very cool stuff. I thought about these kinds of clubs when I was dragging my golf travel case through the airports. People looked at me like I am carrying a Stinger missile.

I just might buy this thing for my son. I can basically adjust the length as he grows.

Driver Happy Gilmore is on a distinguished road Happy Gilmore's Avatar

Adjusting the length

Originally posted by RailRoad17
    I can basically adjust the length as he grows.
    I don't think that a specific length can be set. It is compact when closed and when open is about the length of a 5 iron, 35".

I bought the Universal Club when I was in Myrtle Beach around Christmas time. The telescopic ones were on sale for $59US and the non-telescopic one for $49US. A much better deal than on the web.

I was able to play one game down there with it as I was there with the family. All shots from the 1 iron setting to about an 8 iron were pretty good. The 9i thru all the wedges were a little light and it took a little getting used to. Had a OK game, it was cold and windy that day, but I think that I have the "Not enough room to pack a full set" replacement club. Still better to play with a full set, but when your in a pinch and want to sneak out for a round, this club will do you.
    Happy

"Play every shot so that the next one will be the easiest that you can give yourself." - Billy Casper

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    You gotta love golf gadgets, some of the best.

RulesNut Gary Hill is on a distinguished road Gary Hill's Avatar

Question

Are those things legal?        

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    My guess is that these clubs are illegal. Section 1(b) of the Appendix II of the Rules specify that "Woods and irons shall not be designed to be adjustable except for weight. ...
    The penalty for purposely changing the playing characteristics of a club during a round is disqualification.

Driver Happy Gilmore is on a distinguished road Happy Gilmore's Avatar
    Originally posted by Gary Hill

Are those things legal?        
    Nope, but I don't intend on playing in any R.C.G.A. or U.S.G.A. sanctioned event.
    So for the ease of carrying one club for a quick camping round, or just for the challenge of playing a course with one club, I think it's OK.
    Happy

"Play every shot so that the next one will be the easiest that you can give yourself." - Billy Casper

Thread Information