CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

Ottawa golf ski trip?

Would anyone be interested in going skiing on the 27th of january?? I'm organizing something with my friends and thought it would be fun some of the OGers to come out. Anyone ski? It will be in the ottawa area, anyway let me know what you think.

Anyone know of a really good place to go?

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Don't do the ski thing.........grew on on PEI which is flatter Mo Norman's take away

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar

I'm interested...

Might be a little out of the way and in the exact opposite direction but how bout Lake Louise. Was up there this past weekend and was very impressed with what they have to offer, better than Sunshine Village. LMK.
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    How big a bus can you get? This is Ottawa.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    Tremblant would probably be your best bet if you don't mind the drive. If you really want a nice place to ski, try Jay Peak in Vermont. Haven't been there in several years but I liked what they have to offer. I would say the have the best glades that I have skied so far.
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Can anyone recomment a set of parabolic ski? My ancient set is 10 years old,
    193 cm long and has minimal side cut. The parabolic has got variety of length, I'm not sure if the 163 cm is too short. (I'm 5'9). Will be using mainly at the hills in Gatineau.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    163 is not too short at all. Look for a carving ski if you are skiing around here. It's usually rock hard and icy so the more sidecut the better. Atomic 918's are one of the best selling carving skiis out there. It's a bit more based on weight than height (and skiing ability).

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Those Atomics are pretty skis, i was lucky enough to get a pair of Rossi 2005 World Cup skis passed down to me last year and good god they are incredible. I've never been on a ski with a riser and it makes all the difference in the world.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    I would be interested in going out for a ski day. And Eldred as far as skiis go Atomic all the way. And I would say do not get Longer then 163 I am 6' and thats what I am on I am an expert skier and would only have longer if I didn't want to ski "off piste".
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Wow, the skis technology has advance as lightnight fast the golf. So many to choose, the consence is Atomic, I'll visit the local shop soon. I wish they had twin tips back then, because I tend to go backward many times . (Having family really put your recretional life on hold too)

There's a ratio of body height/ ski length of -5/-15.
    What does it mean?

A good value destination Mont Orford in the Eastern township, 2 hours east of Montreal. Many good chalet and ski packages deals there. I remembered the chalets were near the base of the mountain and sleep 8 easy.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Eldred,

2 people have touted Atomic that's not enough to base a decision on. There are PLENTY of great ski manufacturers out there and yes Atomic is definately one of them. I'd do some more research online but unless your pushing the envelop over the edge you don't need cutting edge materials in your skis for recreational use. Get a good set of pair of parabolics but don't get too caught up with all the hooopla. Skiing like golf is an industry that feeds off people with enough money to participate and want any advantage they can to make up for skill and pratice.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Skiis are not like golf equipment at all. Can a driver change the way you swing or a putter? I think my swing would be the same with a scotty cameron putter as it would be with almost any other putter. You put on a good pair of parabolic skiis and you will be skiing better....no question. Turns are much easier to make.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Depending on the caliber of skier he is he is not going to see anymore benefits from a pair of 300$ parabolic Head skis over a 600$ pair of Atomic's. Parabolic skis definitely make skiing "better" alot easier but Atomic isn't the be all end all. They are a manufacturer much like Taylormade or Callaway and the top end Rossi or K2 ski is just as good as the Atomics. Eldred you need to look at what you want and go talk to someone who knows skis and who knows bindings as they can play a big part in performance as well. Talk to the boys at Tommy and Lefebvre's and set a modest price range for yourself, you definitely don't need to break the bank.

Check out all of your options and you'll find one that works for you and they will let you know exactly how long they need to be based on your skill level and other factors.

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Law View Post
    Tremblant would probably be your best bet if you don't mind the drive. If you really want a nice place to ski, try Jay Peak in Vermont. Haven't been there in several years but I liked what they have to offer. I would say the have the best glades that I have skied so far.
    Spent a week at Jay once,awsome...awsome skiing!
    Glades are the best i have ever seen in the area,however....the night life sucks bad!!
    Absolutely nothing to do after skiing
    Temeblant is the place to go,did a weekend there a few years ago,ski right to my hotel door
    Fantastic night life and bring lots of bling bling!
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Thanks for your comments Gents, I'll visit Kunstade and Tommy and Lefebvre's sometimes this week. I've narrowed down to a couple of models...

BTW: I hear Tremblanc is a nice place to see many "celebrites"..

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    celebs and GORGEOUS women! lol. i love tremblant... hehe. i got a pair or Atomic C:9 Prototype skis i got off the rep last year love em. ive used so many kinds of Skis, Rosies, Atomic, Fisher, Salomon, i think the best were my Solomon CrossMax 700 and these C:9's

Thread Information