100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread

Thread: UPS experience

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar

UPS experience

Hi there, I know the pain of ups delivery to canada and exhorbitant brokerage fees upon delivery. However a seller who only uses UPS has offered to mark as gift. Any experience with this specifically?
    PS don't need the philosophical replies on declarations, just not sure of impact on the gift disclosure. Some people say if a card is included with item identifying as a gift item it will prevent brokerage. thanks!!
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Rezadue recently told me to always ask for United States Postal Service shipping - he has used / asked for that mode of transport... maybe he can fill in the details here for you / us...
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    I had a package marked gift sent to me and still got dinged.
    There must be a letter or card from the sender indicating package is a gift.
    Not only that,but my package was opened because it was marked as a gift
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    I'd agree, go with USPS Global Express. My experiance has been very quick delivery. I would avoid using Gift. Get them to just mark whatever as "Used" or "Replacement" or "Vintage".

The whole gift thing is hit or miss, I've heard of alot of people still getting dinged, I've never got dinged myself.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    All the "Gift" designation will do is potentially help you avoid paying the duty charges......Brokerage charges are a different matter entirely. Brokerage is a "service" that UPS provides where they have a brokerage agent take you package through customs, deal with the paperwork, play the duty etc. The bulk of the charge is for the "service" as opposed to the duties. I have anything shipped from the States via UPS - I'd rather miss out on the item than pay the extortion-like fees of UPS

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    If he will only ship it as a gift then ask him to lessen the value as marked on the shipping box. That's what i do when dealing with U.S. shippers and using UPS but normally I demand USPS. Tell them to label it a gift with maybe a quarter of the actual value, it's a white lie and it'll save you a bunch of dough.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Tell them to label it a gift with maybe a quarter of the actual value, it's a white lie and it'll save you a bunch of dough.
    I'm not sure what makes that a "white lie".
    PS don't need the philosophical replies on declarations, just not sure of impact on the gift disclosure.
    Please don't use the forum to solicit advice on how to accomplish this sort of thing. Please read the forum rules.

Thread Information