CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Par rhh7 is on a distinguished road rhh7's Avatar

NFL Guru?...Oh, joy!

Ever since I found this site, I have been as happy as a pig in the slop. Reading the posts and replys, and following the informative links have given me hours of fun.

And now, I hear, there is a resident NFL Guru at this site. Bliss is mine! I love NFL football, real football!!

My favorite Super Bowl contenders this week are San Diego, Atlanta, New England, Dallas, and Chicago-in that order. My outside darkhorse contenders are Baltimore and the NY Giants.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I think Cincy pulls it together for a win this weekend over San Diego. Atlanta wins, but Cleveland keeps it closer then it should be. New England destroys the Jets. Dallas beat 'zona and I think Chicago beats a decimated New York Giants team. Baltimore kills Tennessee.
    There's ya have it!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Teams which win the Super Bowl have a dominating rushing defense, and no serious weaknesses. Cinncy is mediocre on pass defense, near the bottom of the league in both rushing and rushing defense. Ergo, they have no chance to beat San Diego. Not even Marty can mess this one up!

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhh7 View Post
    My favorite Super Bowl contenders this week are San Diego, Atlanta, New England, Dallas, and Chicago-in that order. My outside darkhorse contenders are Baltimore and the NY Giants.
    I wouldn't put either Dallas or Atlanta as serious superbowl contenders when you have much better teams. A healthy Giants and Eagles team has a lot more to offer in the NFC East, while I think Atlanta and specifically Vick will have some serious work to do to catch a strong looking Saints team. I'd never really rule the Panthers out in the South either.

Week 10 Picks

I think the Saints will come into Pittsburgh and give them a good fight, should come down to the 4th quarter, assuming the Steelers don't turn it over like they've done all year.

I'd like to say that the Bears/G-men game is going to be something to watch, but I suspect with all the key injuries (Urlacher & Berrian, Strahan & Burress/Toomer) we'll see alot of ground work, and I'd give the nod there to Barber over Jones. Both QB's still have some good targets, so if the O-lines can protect and the two youngsters make good decisions we could see a good air-game too.

I'm with Donny on New England, prepare for them to come out and light up the Jets especially after getting the wind knocked out of their sails by Peyton last week.

The Cincy/Bolts game should be a good one too. With the Bolts D being pretty solid, I think that Rudy will have to break a few good runs. And the ever present L.T. he'll keep the heat off Rivers. I like the Chargers in this one.

And finally, watch for my Eagles to come out with a fury this week. 3 straight losses with a pretty healthy team like that is inexcusable. I hope that the receivers put some OT in on their bye week working on their moves to get a little cushion on the CB's. McNabb cannot be forced to hold the ball in the pocket for as long as he did, he's mobile but nobody can avoid the sacks that long. Brunell should be watching for Jim Johnson's D to bring heat all day. Eagles by a landslide here.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

I agree that San Diego is an awesome team, but they have a nasty habit of shooting themselves in the foot. I think they were possibly the best team overall last year, but they didn't make the playoffs. I hope it's Indy-SD in the AFC Championship game.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    what about the bills? they're due.

Against Indy...... suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure... LOL 37-17

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Hey guys,

Team changing time zone are likely to lose vs spread 4 to 1.

So I would say Cinci over San Diego....

I also like New Orleans, Philly, New England, ...

But remember, this has been my worst year ever.... I went 12-4 the first week then all BAD....

Good luck,

Chambo

SuperBowl: New England or Indy

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Against Indy...... suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure... LOL 37-17
    Bills, right? Losman will have 300 yards throwing, and 100 passing.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Bills, right? Losman will have 300 yards throwing, and 100 passing.
    I'll agree that there will be quite a few yards after the catch, but those arent really receptions if Indy's secondary is the one catching the ball

I think Marty Schottenheimer is the worst of the NFL coaches who have remained consistently near the top. Perhaps he has a better staff, and better personnel than he has ever enjoyed before. Perhaps he has mellowed with age, become wiser. This is an awesome club, which is doing a lot of things well.

"Richard"
    always the the home dog if its more than 7points.... this has been a public service announcment

Man this season has been the polar opposite of last season. This is unbelievable. Tennessee killing Baltimore? Houston in Jacksonville, WINNING? Cleveland manhandling the Falcons. Driving me INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    At least I got Cincy bang on...

Terrence McGee and the rest of the Buffalo D - awesome. JP and Ryan "time to miss a 40 yarder and blow the possibility of one of the biggest upsets of the year" Lindell - not so awesome. WE BEAT THE SPREAD THOUGH!!

and Cincy ain't looking so bang on right now

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    and Cincy ain't looking so bang on right now
    It'd be a good day if your fantasy team was loaded up on SD or Cincy players... 4 trips for L.T. and 440 in the air for Palmer.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    How about that 108 yard td by my bears last night! ties the all time nfl record, & I can't recall ever seeing a missed field goal run back... That was a great game.

Thread Information