100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar

Rememberance Day

Hope this isn't too much but I have been watching some of the specials on the History chanel this week and there seems to be more actual war footage released and some of it is quite mind bending. I thought that I would take this opportunity to remind any vets that read this forum how much their sacrifices are appreciated--"Let us not forget"
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Couldn't agree with you more my friend. The vets could never possibly be thanked enough for what they went through both physically and emotionally. Cheers and thanks for the freedom we love so much today.

3 Iron Go_Leafs_Go is on a distinguished road Go_Leafs_Go's Avatar
    Cheers to that, and I would like to ask everyone to go out to your local Rememberance Day parades/ceremonies and partake in these events. Mabye even talk to a veteran and thank them yourself in person. Before we know it these great people will no longer be with us, and a great piece of history will go with them. So go to your local Legion Branch on Saturday and have a beer with one of these wonderful people. Belive me, it is much appreciated.

LEST WE FORGET
    [B][U]In my Bag ???[/U][/B]
    What do you mean ???
    Are we supposed to use bags ???

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I plan on it. Last couple of years at school I've really become interested in war vets (particularly the WWI war poets) and really want to get into some in depth interviewing before its too late. Hope to maybe make a masters out of it in a couple years time. It would be a great shame if nobody took the time to document what these men and women have to say about war.

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    It is that time of year again when we remember and say thanks to those who have died and have risked their lives in defence of our country. LEST WE FORGET.
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

7 Wood Newbie is on a distinguished road

Salute to our vets

As a formers of the Forces I also want everone to know that your attendence at Nov 11 services is much appreciated. Get out there and hug a vet!. WW1, 2 and Korea vets are getting fewer however we now have a lot of 20 year olds that need your support these days!

Securitas!

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    I have had the interests of veterans at heart for quite some time. As I have for the last twenty-five or so years, I went to the cemetary with my father to visit my grandfather's grave. He is a WWI veteran.

As I have done for a few years now, I wander over to the military section and put my poppy next to the tombstone of one of the men who died in one of the world wars.

Earlier this week though, a friend of mine shocked me by reading an assignment his granddaughter had been given for a reading comprehension exercise. It dealt with "Veteran's Day", Arlington National Cemetary and how the US government holds its ceremonies each November 11th. In an OTTAWA school.

What was that teacher thinking? I wrote about it in my blog on Thursday night (link in my signature) and I'm told it made its rounds through DND among other places yesterday. We're pursuing it so that next year these same children can learn about Remembrance Day and all about how CANADIANS celebrate those who sacrificed so much for us.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Could not agree more my friend--too bad it takes things like this to draw attention to our importance in history......there should be a compulsary class in school to teach the new generations of our contribution. Take today for instance---"our kids are overseas cleaning up after Bush"---enough said!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

3 Iron Go_Leafs_Go is on a distinguished road Go_Leafs_Go's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmason31 View Post
    I wrote about it in my blog on Thursday night (link in my signature) and I'm told it made its rounds through DND among other places yesterday. We're pursuing it so that next year these same children can learn about Remembrance Day and all about how CANADIANS celebrate those who sacrificed so much for us.
    I just read the letter. I thought that is was very well put, and couldn't agree with it more.

Thread Information