CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Par rhh7 is on a distinguished road rhh7's Avatar

MOI=Frequency??

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    If you are still playing with the irons that all have the 292 cpm frequency, then you are playing a TRULY matched set. Mine are all matched at 301 cpm's and the MOI is 316643. Again they are truly matched by both frequency and MOI.

Okay, I have my irons, I have my shafts, I am getting ready to build. My clubmaker has a frequency meter, and a 3-bar scale accurate to 0.1gram. I have calculated that I would like my 5-iron head to weigh 261.0grams, at a length of 38.0". My shaft has a raw weight of 132 grams at a length of 41".

I think this calculates to a total MOI of about 324000. If I build all of the irons in this set to the same total MOI, will the set be frequency matched?

Alternatively, if I build all of the irons in this set to whatever frequency the 5-iron is, will this set be MOI matched?

Guess I am still a little confused. Thanks a million!

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    See Wishon's response:

http://wishongolf.com/twforum/topic....quency,matched

Please forgive my ignorance. I am a newbie at MOI matching and I have the following question. I am trying to build the ultimate set of clubs for myself(it may not make a difference at all but what the heck I'll never know unless I try). So here is my question: Is it possible to build a Moi set with the same frequency across the set?
    For example let's say my target frequency is 290 cpms on each club.Will that frequency be altered if I MOI match the particular set as well. How would i go about building such a set?Thanks.

TWW

USA
    3766 Posts
    Posted - Jun 16 2004 : 2:43:49 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OBELIX:

We ALL are newbies when it comes to MOI fitting - we here simply recognized the science that supports MOI matching as being superior to swingweight matching and we just created the ability to allow clubmakers to finally be able to really do MOI matching. After that we are all in the position to then observe and learn as we probe more deeply into this area of club to club matching.

It is possible to build a set that is both MOI and frequency matched. It will be a little more complicated to do that though and thus will possibly take a little trial and error in the beginning that would likely cost you a few shafts before it was all noodled out in terms of the procedure. In just thinking about it while I type, I would say that the first thing would be to MOI Match and experiment for the tip trim to get that flat line frequency with the longest and shortest clubs in the set. That should represent the lightest and heaviest heads in the MOI matched set. THus if you then knew the final tip trim from those two clubs to end up with the same butt frequency for both clubs, then once the MOI system revealed the amount of headweight for each of the clubs in between, it then would be possible to know how to tip trim each of the shafts for the in betweeen clubs based on how much headweight caused the tip trim to change to achieve a final frequency.

TOM

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information