CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    9 Iron tehflakes is on a distinguished road

Xbox 360 Owners!

I have posted this on TGN / Londongolfers as well!

Attention all tiger woods 07 and NHL 07 owners there will be a tournament starting for each game on november 15th.

All interested parties PM me your gamer tag and email or msn address.

more details to follow later today
    Last edited by tehflakes; 11-02-2006 at 09:21 AM. Reason: i'm not sure,

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Please edit your post to remove the SHOUTING all caps font.

Thank you.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    While you're at it, just go ahead and post your gamertag and what games you play. I recently picked up a 12month Gold Membership to get me through the winter, as only pancakes and sitting on your ass playing video games can do, and I'd rather not play against 14yr old punks who have nothing better to do than further hone their skills by kicking my ass in a game of Madden 07.

My gamertag is HOOLIOCAH

The 47" Westinghouse LCD at Best buy is now on my wishlist with the 1080p support that yesterdays dashboard update brought. The HD-DVD drive might be added to the wishlist too.

I'm a Geek.

As this would be the appropriate place to ask, is Tiger Woods '07 better than '06?? I was not really a fan of '06, but now that EA had some time to get everything kosher with the 360 platform, I'm sure there must be some improvements.
    Last edited by hoolio; 11-02-2006 at 09:45 AM.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Games i own:

TW 07
    NHL 07
    NBA 07
    NFSMW
    Splinter cell
    Project Gothom Racing.

gamertag = tehflakes

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I'm looking to get a 360 around boxing day. I keep pushing my son to play more video games, but he's too interested in playing outside and other time-wasting activities. Unfortuneately, looks like I'll be too late for your tourney.

There will be more..

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    I'm looking to get a 360 around boxing day. I keep pushing my son to play more video games, but he's too interested in playing outside and other time-wasting activities. Unfortuneately, looks like I'll be too late for your tourney.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    The 47" Westinghouse LCD at Best buy is now on my wishlist with the 1080p support that yesterdays dashboard update brought. The HD-DVD drive might be added to the wishlist too.
    That, my friend, is a sweeeeeet machine. 1080p engine...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Just incase you are waiting for sales, MS has made repeated announcements that there will be NO PRICE CUTS to the 360 core or premium. They will likely continue to offer more bundles however.

Guess there isn't much incentive for Gates and co. with Sony barely able to get out 500,000 consoles at launch for Japan & North America combined.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    You guys and your measly 47" TVs. Our 360 is hooked up to a beastly 61" plasma and the 5.1 stereo with powered-sub. I know when the boy is playing because I can feel it in the floor.

FWIW, I downloaded the 1080p udpate on Tuesday. I have yet to notice a difference bewteen 720p/1080i/1080p on my TV.

I don't play that much but the boy (my 11 year old) is taunting me to a Halo2 deathmatch. Given that his playing time is probably a few hundred hours to my 30 minutes in Halo, I will probably get my ass kicked. At first.

7 guys for TW, 4 for nhl!!.

come on OG we need someone to represent ya!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    If I had a 360, I'd be all over this. Maybe I'll join one of the tourneys down the road if/when I get a 360.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    FWIW, I downloaded the 1080p udpate on Tuesday. I have yet to notice a difference bewteen 720p/1080i/1080p on my TV.
    Probably for the same reason you need a 61" screen.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Probably for the same reason you need a 61" screen.
    I wish that were true. I've got good eyes AND I'm really picky about TVs being properly calibrated. I've spent WAAAAY too much time in service mode on my various TVs.

The couch is 10' away from the TV, and at that distance the human eye cannot resolve a 1080p signal on a 61" TV.

When I was looking at the new TVs it was down to 3 choices, 1080p JVC LCoS, 1080p Sony SXRD, and 768p NEC plasma. Since the extra resolution doesn't help AND I didn't want to mess around with bulbs, I went plasma.

That being said, if you're sitting closer than 10', either the JVC or the Sony are really sweet.

I wish that were true. I've got good eyes AND I'm really picky about TVs being properly calibrated. I've spent WAAAAY too much time in service mode on my various TVs.

The couch is 10' away from the TV, and at that distance the human eye cannot resolve a 1080p signal on a 61" TV.

When I was looking at the new TVs it was down to 3 choices, 1080p JVC LCoS, 1080p Sony SXRD, and 768p NEC plasma. Since the extra resolution doesn't help AND I didn't want to mess around with bulbs, I went plasma.

That being said, if you're sitting closer than 10', either the JVC or the Sony are really sweet.
    I know of something very similar to sitting within 10 feet of a screen that size... It's called "outdoors".

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    I know of something very similar to sitting within 10 feet of a screen that size... It's called "outdoors".
    You laugh now, but you should see the Masters on this baby. Even the wife is impressed.

You laugh now, but you should see the Masters on this baby. Even the wife is impressed.
    Well I guess we know where the official OG Superbowl party is.

I doubt you'll see much difference until you have some content that is actually native 1080p. I don't even know if the 360 has enough horsepower to render games in 1080p at decent frame rates. I think the 1080p support is basically for the upcoming HD-DVD drive addon, and to shut Sony up with all the 1080p hype.

GoW next week! Got mine Pre-ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    Well I guess we know where the official OG Superbowl party is.
    Based on last year's Superbowl get party and the World Cup this summer, there's already a line forming in the neighbourhood.

I don't even know if the 360 has enough horsepower to render games in 1080p at decent frame rates. I think the 1080p support is basically for the upcoming HD-DVD drive addon, and to shut Sony up with all the 1080p hype.
    I turned on 1080p on Tuesday and from what I have seen so far the 360 has no problem rendering at 1080p for the current slate of games. The boy was playing the demo of Rainbow Six Las Vegas last night and it looked perfectly smooth. I'll know more once the Halo massacre starts.

i can hook you up geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    If I had a 360, I'd be all over this. Maybe I'll join one of the tourneys down the road if/when I get a 360.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by tehflakes View Post
    i can hook you up geoff

I'm sure you could, but then could you un-hook me hanging from the rafters by my throat once the better half finds out I bought one?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

just come back from a golf tournament with it we all have our secret hiding spots for our mooola!.

I'm sure you could, but then could you un-hook me hanging from the rafters by my throat once the better half finds out I bought one?

Just tell her you needed something to do for the winter and it was either video games or you'd start doing heroine. It would likely be helpful to be carrying the 360 in one hand a couple syringes in the other hand to get the point across.

She isnt the type of girl to call your bluff and make you shoot up is she?

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    I'm still saving for a 360, but has anyone tried the HD AV pack with your regular Xbox? It's a component cable, I wonder if it would enhance the graphic from 480i to ???? It's 20 bucks at the local video store...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/h...tionavpack.htm

check out xbox360forum.com

Like to welcome Sakuraba to the list of 360 owners... I kept pestering him to get one and finally he caved after I sent him the link to the sweet deal Futureshop has going today.

wooooo hoooo! Can I take the rest of the day off? Are those age ratings on the games for real? I'd like to pass this off to my darling as a "family" xmas gift... Oh well, as a wise man once said: Its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission!

I have a sneaking suspicion that your better half will probably catch on when she comes home from doing groceries later to find you engrossed in a round of killing locusts in Gears of War. That or the calendar saying November 17th, not sure which one will give it away.

Caddy jmr73 is on a distinguished road jmr73's Avatar
    back to the original topic...

To join the online tournaments, do you need to pay a fee? I thought I read that when you buy an xbox you get so many free months. Is it expensive after that?

Quote Originally Posted by jmr73 View Post
    back to the original topic...

To join the online tournaments, do you need to pay a fee? I thought I read that when you buy an xbox you get so many free months. Is it expensive after that?
    I'm not sure about tournaments because I haven't redeemed by Live Gold card yet, but some bundles give you like 3 months of Xbox Live Gold for free. A yearly fee is like $60, which allows you to play all Xbox live compatible games online.

Soon enough Microsoft will be implementing a tiered service where Gold members get access to new content faster than the silver (basic) members.

The wii (Nintendo) is offering online games for free. I wonder if this will put any pressure on sony or microsoft any time soon to drop or waive the fees.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    How the hell do you married dudes get away with playing video games???????
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Thread Information