100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "Richard"

what would be a fair trade for Alfie...

As most of you know, I'm not an alfie fan, never have been and I think the team will deal him this season. A second line player making 5mil is retarded.

So, what do you think is a fair trade that benifits the team (fills their needs) that the other team would go for???

I say trade alfie for Steve Reinprecht from PHO and shave some money off the cap and go after a goalie next year. Reincecht is really good, I've seen him on tv, read really good things about him and is really young. I wouldn't mind getting rid of gerber and redden either

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I'm not a Alfie fan either, good player but shouldn't be wearing the 'C'. How about Alfie for Iginla?? It is being talked about and I say nothing is impossible.... throw in a good young player nd I think the flames would go for it in a second and JI is not all that happy in Calgary anymore. The GM's get together next week in Toronto and I think we are going to see some sort of blockbuster deal for a major star that wears a 'C'... either Alfie, Sundin or Iginla.

Just adding fuel to the rumor mill fire
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Its just a slump boys,relax!
    But i did enjoy watching my boys beat the sens lastnight
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Quote Originally Posted by covanant View Post
    My dislike for Alfie isn't just because he is in a slump this year. I do not seem as a team leader.... I like him as a 2nd line player, a damned good one to boot, but I would like to see a good leader on the team....

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    My dislike for Alfie isn't just because he is in a slump this year. I do not seem as a team leader.... I like him as a 2nd line player, a damned good one to boot, but I would like to see a good leader on the team....
    Cant argue with that
    Look at last years stats he had,what was it like 100 points or something like that?

Ooops...was that out loud?

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard";138641]As most of you know, I'm not an alfie fan, never have been and I think the team will deal him this season. A second line player making 5mil is retarded.

So, what do you think is a fair trade that benifits the team (fills their needs) that the other team would go for???

I say trade alfie for [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?id=1095&sport=NHL
    Steve Reinprecht[/URL] from PHO and shave some money off the cap and go after a goalie next year. Reincecht is really good, I've seen him on tv, read really good things about him and is really young. I wouldn't mind getting rid of gerber and redden either
    Reinprecht has a long term injury, even so if he was healthy that move would be suicide, that guy has had more clubs than Geoff. Are you a Leafs fan or something?

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Haha...alfie for Iginla. I would start a John Muckler cult if he somehow pulled that one off. I've got an even better idea though...Alfie and Redden for Iginla and Phaneuf

It's way to early to trade Gerber...he's playing pretty well at this point...a couple shaky games to start, but that's just gitters in a new city. Free agent goalies are scarce. you're not just going to go out an pick up an all star goalie...ain't gonna happen. Alfie for Reinprecht is certainly not a feasible trade. I like reinprecht, but you need a little more in return than that. Reinprecht AND Roenick though, and you're a little closer to a legit trade.

And covanant...I enjoyed...not getting to watch it because apparently nobody in Canada likes Montreal or Ottawa.

Cant argue with that
    Look at last years stats he had,what was it like 100 points or something like that?
    Absolutely Cov... I believe it was 103 but I would still like him to play without the 'C'... we need some tough leadership in that room to take the young guys like Spezza and tell them what they should be doing and not doing...... I don't see soft spoken Alfie as that guy but I will give him his due, he is a good player, just not a good Captain........

Ooops...was that out loud?
    Nah, its just the echo in the forum.....

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I'm not a Alfie fan either, good player but shouldn't be wearing the 'C'. How about Alfie for Iginla?? It is being talked about and I say nothing is impossible.... throw in a good young player nd I think the flames would go for it in a second and JI is not all that happy in Calgary anymore. The GM's get together next week in Toronto and I think we are going to see some sort of blockbuster deal for a major star that wears a 'C'... either Alfie, Sundin or Iginla.

Just adding fuel to the rumor mill fire
    Have you read this rumour somewhere or is this just your personal suggestion???

I'd do it in a freaking second

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    I've got an even better idea though...Alfie and Redden for Iginla and Phaneuf
    You got yourself a deal

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Have you read this rumour somewhere or is this just your personal suggestion???

I'd do it in a freaking second
    I would have them do it in a second as well. They are talking about it on TSN on Molson thats Hockey.

They are actually talking about a major trade coming in both Calfary and Ottawa between periods right now.

They just said in Ottawa, it will be either a trade next week, or a GM or Coach move..... apparently Melnik has lost his patience

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    I just can not picture Calgary moving Phaneuf anywhere. He will be, if not already, one of the best D in the NHL for years to come. Barring injuries.
    Then again, Boston traded Thornton, so anything is possible I guess.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Phaneuf isn't going any where that was just some joking going on. Alfie being traded isn't a bad idea but the timing is. If they were going to move a player like that they should have done it in the off season before this slump, which will bring down his value, and traded for Loungo (SP?) As for him as a captain, it's hard to say without being in the room. But I'm sure guys like Gretz and Stevie Y weren't the yelling type either so there are different ways to lead. Aflie has always done it with his play. This year the whole team is just off, but it's still early to panic. If Iggy is available, then jump on it but I don't see Alfie fitting into the Clagary system.

I think that the league has passed Mucks by. The loss of Peter Chirelli was probably the biggest blow to the Sens in the past few years, but no one seems to talk about that.

If I had my way, Mucks would step aside for some figure-head-like position and Murray would be elevated to GM and he'd bring in a new coach with a proven play-off record. Dave Cameron from the Baby Sens is supposed to be the Coach-in-waiting, but I for one am not ready to embrace a rookie NHL coach.

Who knows, if Mr. Melynk really is getting up-set maybe we'll see a total house cleaning......what would you think of Mike Keenan as our GM with either Ken Hitchcock or Pat Quinn as the head coach - don't laugh, this is the "Big-splash" kind of move that Mr. Melynk just might go for.....

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I don't see Hitchcock, Keenan or Quinn as being the right guys for Ottawa...never liked the lot of them to be honest.

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    Alfie is not going anywhere except maybe back to the first line. He was put on the second line to try and spread the scoring around. Unfortuanely the second line is just not clicking. Fisher is a good hard nosed player but not a graet scrorer or play maker. Alfie is trying to do too much when he's on the ice and it is just not working. The other teams are keying on him and shutting him down. He needs someone like Spezza to draw the other team away from him the way Spezza opens things up for Heatley. Once he gets a couple of goals, he will relax a bit and things will start to happen.
    Last edited by larry; 11-03-2006 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I don't see Hitchcock, Keenan or Quinn as being the right guys for Ottawa...never liked the lot of them to be honest.
    I'm with ya jeff, but don't be too quick to discount the "Holy Crap" stir that such a move would cause, Mr. Melynk is known to like to make a splash

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    right you are....I think a better move is on the player side....talk about holy crap!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Absolutely Cov... I believe it was 103 but I would still like him to play without the 'C'... we need some tough leadership in that room to take the young guys like Spezza and tell them what they should be doing and not doing...... I don't see soft spoken Alfie as that guy but I will give him his due, he is a good player, just not a good Captain........
    Seems to have lit a fire under Modano in Dallas, why not Ottawa?
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    I second that and would like to add, I liked watching them beat the Canes 4 zip too.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

And covanant...I enjoyed...not getting to watch it because apparently nobody in Canada likes Montreal or Ottawa.
    Hmmmmmm…. Can you explain why it’s something like 70 (or something like that) straight sold out games at the Bell Center? No other team in the NHL comes close to that record.

Bogie ghaakman is on a distinguished road ghaakman's Avatar
    If keenan quinn or hitchcock came to ottawa in any capacity i'd run off the bandwagon so fast your heads would spin.

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    I'd be right beside you!!!
    "Get your smile on!"

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    Hmmmmmm…. Can you explain why it’s something like 70 (or something like that) straight sold out games at the Bell Center? No other team in the NHL comes close to that record.
    Yeah, it's a bugger eh? They can't build an arena big enough to let all the Habs fans see the game in person, but nobody at all would ever want to watch them on tv

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Why don't we just wait until at least 1/3 of the season is done and then play armchair GM.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Yeah, it's a bugger eh? They can't build an arena big enough to let all the Habs fans see the game in person, but nobody at all would ever want to watch them on tv
    ALL Habs games are televised every where in Canada. All 82 of them. Can’t say the same about the Sens games in Ottawa alone and TO games in Canada.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghaakman View Post
    If keenan quinn or hitchcock came to ottawa in any capacity i'd run off the bandwagon so fast your heads would spin.
    If Keenan, Quinn, or Hitch can make this team win then I say bring them aboard. Why would anyone but the players care what the coach is like if the team is winning?
    As a fan, all I care is that the team wins, and I don't care how they do it.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Thread Information