100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    I was smiling yesterday. Go Habs Go!!!!!!!!
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Why don't we just wait until at least 1/3 of the season is done and then play armchair GM.
    Because I am a salary cap expert, I've sucessfully perdicted major trades in the NBA months before they have happened. The nhl is a little harder because the GMs aren't as smart as the NBA Gms yet but when they do get as smart you can figure it out as well. It is a no brainer that NY was going to release Jlaen rose, its a no brainer that GSW are going to buy out Adonyle foyle and its a no brainer that they are going to have to buy out steve francis or try to trade him for some expiring contracts but will mot likely have to part with channing frye, nate robinson ect. Its just comon sense. YES min is going to push strong to move Kevin garnet and knowing thomas he is goign to try to package seteve francis with some prospects and made the deal.. because he is an idiot and MIN might go for it.

Anyway, alfie will be gone as soon as the GM comes to his senses and gets rid of that 5mil second line centre

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by "Richard" View Post
    Because I am a salary cap expert,
    HAHAHA....so predicting obvious salary dumps makes you a salary cap expert now? You're like the John Madden of the salary cap:

"Well, you see folks, when you have a salary cap, and your payroll is more than the salary cap, then, you see, you have to get rid of some players. It's as simple as that. Man am I smart...buy my game."

"Richard"
    ottawa isn't over the salary cap so its a bit different. In the NBA you are ALLOWED to go over the salary cap... so its not as easy as you think. Perfect example, everyone in toronto was going nuts about how we only got so and so for vince carter but really, did you expect more? was MIN supposed to trade KG for carter? thats bs. The guy sucked and no one wanted him and had to take a chance on him. TOronto made out ok, that one move has allowed them to sign TJ ford to a 50mil contract, make bosh a 3 year max player and so on and they still have room. Ottawa needs to dump alfie. What is so hard to understand about that. THe cap is to low, its tied to revenues and the revenues would need to be in excess of 3bil for the cap to be high enough that you can justify having a 5mil 2nd line centre! Alfie will be traded, if he isn't then the GM needs to be fired. If the GMs were upto speed on the way the cap is going to work in the future they would dump guys like alfie as soon as possible. The great thing about the NHL is the salaries of everyone being traded don't have to match those of what you are getting back. Trade alfie to a crappy team for 3 first round picks and hope to god the team sucks for years to come. Then you get good young guys coming up and you are 5 mil more under the cap. THink I'm crazy, give it a few years and you will see moves like this ALL the time esp. before the trade deadline

"richard" the cappologist!

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    ya, but the better move for toronto would have been to get decent players in return...then they wouldn't have had to go after tj ford and they would have had good players 2 years ago.

I'm not disagreeing that they need to trade alfie though. He's a bum, and has always been. No European has ever captained a team to the Stanley Cup. And yes, teams have to make salary dump moves...that don't make you a genius though. Especially because you seem to think that someone would be willing to trade 3 first round picks for alfie. First round picks are incredibly valuable. Nobody is going to give up more than a pick and a mediocre player for a guy like Alfie, at best. If they want to get something meaningful in return for this season, it's going to have to be a package deal, maybe a three way type trade, with someone like volchenkov included, maybe even a mccammond.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by "Richard" View Post
    "richard" the cappologist!
    Don't you mean crappologist????
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Don't you mean crappologist????
    Nice

Hybrid clankoffdatee is on a distinguished road
    [QUOTE="Richard";138641]. A second line player making 5mil is retarded.

S [/QUOTE

At the risk of being a little sensitive:
    I"m sure its not intentional but you might want to chose your words a little ...

Thread Information