CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Team Match Play Champ 2009 geronamo is on a distinguished road

Ogio bags - Grom vs Ozone vs Vaporlite

I'm looking to get a new bag for xmas and decided I want an ogio bag. Now to decide what model. Does anyone have opinions on the differences? I will primarily carry the bag.

The difference in price on the golftown website is pretty inconsequential.

Grom - $148
    Ozone - $138
    Vaporlite - $139

Thanks,
    Jason

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    I used to have a Vapourlite,best carry bag i ever had
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I purchase an Ogio cart bag at 19th Tee on Carling Ave. It was cheaper than Golftown. Not sure if they have the Ogio bag you want but if they do...you can probably get a better price than Golftown.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I have some information I can share. I was in your shoes at the beginning of this season. I really wanted the GROM for its features, but ended up getting an Ozone because the GROM was a bit on the heavy side.

To me Ozone was a little more feature packed than the Vapourlite and still I could not tell the difference between it and the Vapourlite.

So I bought an Ozone and while I loved the bag, I found the legs did not retract easily and had to be pushed back by hand when picking the bag up. At first I thought this was cause the bag was new and things would loosen up a bit after a while. But they did not. So I returned the bag to Golftown where they gave me another Ozone. The second Ozone had the same problems too. So I returned it as well. One of the GT people told me they were going to send all of the Ozones back!

In the end, even though the GROM was heavier, I ended up getting it after all and I really like the bag.

Since I have a bad back, I primarily use a pull cart so the extra weight will not be an issue. And I am sure I can carry it the times my back feel good enough to toss a bag on it. But if I was going to carry most of the time, I might have gotten the Vapourlite instead.

Hope this help,
    Reza
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Pitching Wedge Shorthitter is on a distinguished road
    I bought the Vaporlite at the beginning of the season. I have the same problem as Razadue had with the Ozone: the legs don't retract very well and I have to hand-push it back whenever I pick it up from the ground. I like the bag so I kinda live with it. I also miss a mesh pocket. The Woode Lite top is great for organizing the clubs, but they still tangle up a bit... hope this help.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    They have an Ogio Voltage at GT in the clearance section for $100. Sweet bag at that price. Similar to the Vapourlite in that it's low feature, low weight. I have one and have no problems with the legs retracting.

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    What do you think of the Shling sytem in the ogio?

Pitching Wedge Shorthitter is on a distinguished road
    I really want to like it but I don't. Definitely not for my build (small frame and skinny). I carry my bag and I really get tired of putting on the left "loop" on a dual-strap (you know, left arm reaches all the way back, through the left shoulder strap). When I first saw the Shling I said to myself "this is it, I'm buying one". Then I spent 45 minutes in GT adjusting and trying on the Shling but couldn't get comfortable with it. It will only sit on my collar bone; it's stiff and rigid. Also when you try to lift it while the bag is standing, the Shling is at a height that's so happen to be very awkward for my hand/arm muscle to pull it up over my shoulder. So after sweating for half an hour, I gave up and bought the Vaporlite...

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Lol. Thanks for the info. Sounds like it wouldn't work for me either. I too have never used the two straps on a bag but was hoping it would make it easier. The bag would be heavier too. So I think I will get the very light sunmountain.

Thread Information