Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    Isn't SUNDIN a STAR PLAYER?
    Only if you're a Leaf fan

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Thank god none of us are GMs.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I know a GM (Dougie MacLean from the Blue Jackets) and you'd be amazed at how some of the supposed "Star" players are regarded by other teams - suffice it to say that what those who we preceive as stars are not always seen in that light by the GMs in the league

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    Thank god none of us are GMs.
    I think anyone on this board could do a better job than JFJ. How that guy still has a job is baffling.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    I think anyone on this board could do a better job than JFJ. How that guy still has a job is baffling.
    To be fair to JFJ, he was in a tough position with Pat Quinn there. Although he was the General manager, I believe Quinn still had a big say in what players the Leafs went after. They over paid a lot of older players and grinders and they are still paying for that now. With Quinn gone and a coach who appears to be willing to develope younger players, I think things will improve. Ferguson should be judged by what he does this year and next more than what he did in the past. The mistakes he makes now are his own. But if he pays Tucker 3 million a year, he should be fired immediately.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    well...overpaying McCabe is a bad move, especially for 5 years. Signing Hal Gill was a mistake and Raycroft has been average at best. Peca is overpaid as well. Lindros and Alison were busts.

That's the problem with JFJ, overpaying guys. I guess that's what happens when you are under pressure to make something happen quickly. They traded away a lot of their young talent and it's tough to rebuild in a year or 2.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    I just read that the Sens may be on the verge of a deal to move Alfie to the Kings.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    I just read that the Sens may be on the verge of a deal to move Alfie to the Kings.

I heard:

To LA:
    Alfie
    Volchekov
    Kaigorodov

To Ottawa:
    Conroy
    O'Sullivan
    Brown

I hope it's not true. The season the Sens made the conf final they started 5-6-1.
    This season it is only 5-6-0 so far, no need to panic like this is there?

Someone at work here said they heard something like this on CFRA... but it was 'unconfirmed'... so, CFRA, and 'unconfirmed' = something short of someone spreading rumours on a hockey blog. We shall see...
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hmmm, team 1200 radio dudes say that mucks says there is no truth to the rumours.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

"Richard"
    well considering we live in ottawa we get ALL the sens rumors, not just the ones with a little to them. Some of the GMs are idiots, Milbury is a retard! The owner is a retard. No other GM or owner would ever sign a goalie for 15 years like that, the yashin deal for spezza and chara??? That guy has to be the stupidiest GM on earth (other than isiah thomas).

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    It's raptors game being televised tonight? Always exciting to see Chuck Swirsky goes "poom, shaka, lacka" with the downtown shots. Didn't mean to thread jack..

I take my kids to see the Gee Gee games, they are hidden gems..

---
    Note to Moderator, please move my post to "I've never been to hockey game" thread. I musta be confused while reading all "RIchard" posts

"Richard"
    I would love to go to a UEFA cup match or a NCAA march maddness game!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Outworked in the third period. For once they score first, but even that didn't really accomplish anything.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    The inability of the Senators to score, even with a 2 man advantage is rediculous!

going into tonight we were 24th out of 30 teams. What gives? A few more weeks like this and playoffs may start to look hard to make.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I was hoping the loss of Chara and Havlat would make the team realize that they would have to put in more hard work. But unfortunately it seems like they still believe they think they can outskill every team. That just isn't the case this year. Hopefully they'll realize this sooner than later. Like rez said, if this keeps up to the new year, the playoffs will be a struggle to make. In the long run its probably good for the team, but for the fans its quite frustrating. Other than that three game stretch a few weeks, the signs of improvement have been few and far between for this team this season.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Hey,

I am all for the Sens crapping their pants and the socreboard now, IF it means they will finally learn their lesson and play better come playoffs. But right now, as Geoff pointed out, it does not seems like they have learned anything!

I am beginning to wonder if the coaches are doing an effective job...
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Just had to post a genius response i got from a leaf fan on TGN, truly classic!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kingplayer
    It's a long long season.

It certainly is, but it's nice to see the shoe on the other foot and not having to listen to the constant "Leafs suck, Leafs this, Leafs that" usual post that took place all of last year. I assumed from the beginning of the season that when the Sens lost Hasek they would not be the same team as last year and so far I've been right.

The Sens may turn it around a bit, but they will not make the playoffs this year.

Bold statement? Sure enough....but current play is certainly dictating what the moral is like on that team and they just don't have the chemistry to keep it going night after night. If they did, then we'd be seeing a repeat of last years Sens who were just unbelieveable and a treat to watch on the ice.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    this post was made by racmbs, which i responded with:

That is a bold statement, care to place a wager on that statement? I have both my house deed and the deed of my company that i could put up for this bet, as well as all my bank accounts and investments. I think you are watching your leafs overachieve a little much and have a false impression that 16 games is good enough to predict the entire season. I gotta give you credit though, you are a true diehard leafs fan.

Just so you don't feel left out, leafs suck and they are massively overachieving!!! Happy??

Caddy knickers is on a distinguished road knickers's Avatar
    If the sens had 82 games against the leafs, They'd be the best team in the league. But unfotunatly they dont and need to get up against other teams the way they do against the leafs. After watching the leafs beat the canadians on saturday, Its clear to me that the team and there fan dont care about the sens as much as the sens and there fans care about beating Toronto. The sens need to realize there are 29 more teams in this league that they have to beat to win the cup and cant do it by beating the leafs 7 of 8 times each year. Its not enough.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    i think sens fans realize that...at this point though, we're just clinging to the only positive (apart from Corvo and Neil) to come out of the first 15 games this year.

Putter PDonnelly is on a distinguished road

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    this post was made by racmbs, which i responded with:

That is a bold statement, care to place a wager on that statement? I have both my house deed and the deed of my company that i could put up for this bet, as well as all my bank accounts and investments. I think you are watching your leafs overachieve a little much and have a false impression that 16 games is good enough to predict the entire season. I gotta give you credit though, you are a true diehard leafs fan.

Just so you don't feel left out, leafs suck and they are massively overachieving!!! Happy??
    Jeeeeez, I guess the Habs are too

They ddidn't look bad in that first period, but they would have buried those short=handed breakaways last year. Both Alfie and Vermette were trying to be too fancy - a simple shot would be much better, and they would have taken it last year...instead they both end up deking themselves out.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    They ddidn't look bad in that first period, but they would have buried those short=handed breakaways last year. Both Alfie and Vermette were trying to be too fancy - a simple shot would be much better, and they would have taken it last year...instead they both end up deking themselves out.
    They should have given Mazzaros an assist on the Buffalo goal
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

ya...he looked like volchenkov out there

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Sens

Well, I look at the Sens record but I go back to the month of Fevruary last season. They finished with a .500 record for the last 30 games. Is this a team expected to win the Cup??? This is when their crappy play started, 9 months ago. The power play continually laboured, their defensive play was OK but the loss of Chara and the speed of Havlat are 2 huge losses that made things worse this season. Spezza is on fire offensively but his continual weakness on the puck is a disaster. Last night he got a tripping (kneeing) penalty with 2 minutes to go. WHAT THE FU#* was he doing on the ice protecting a lead with 2 minutes to go???? Hello, Coach Murray ! Has anyone noticed that the Spezza line is always matched with the other teams first line, why, becuase they cannot defend and cough up the puck all the time. I would trade Sepzza in a flash for 3 reasons:
    1) He was signed this year, so if a team wants him they do not have to worry about losing him
    2) He is an excellent offensive player so we can get excellent value for him back.
    3) It would significantly shake up the team and that would be very good right now.

I know the Spezza trade will not happen but man, it seems like the second he is pressured, he cant do a thing and coughs it up.

Ottawa's lack of good defensive play is hurting them now and Murray has yet to turn it aorund. The loss of Pothier is overlooked as well. The Blue line is not half of what itwas last year.
    To be fair, the entire team needed Robitussin last night but they persevered and won. We can only hope that the way they won will carry on to the rest of the season. If the last 5 months are any indication we will not even make the playoffs. Emery was good but obvioulsy rusty on his rebound control which lead directly to 1 goal and created several near misses.
    Last edited by leftylucas; 11-16-2006 at 09:08 AM.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

I thought Gerber looked sharp last night

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I thought Gerber looked sharp last night
    Sitting on the bench?!?
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    Sitting on the bench?!?
    No, on his way into the rink - he had a sharp Armani suit on.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    They finished with a .500 record for the last 30 games. Is this a team expected to win the Cup???
    actually, from Dec 1st last year, they are exactly a .500 team.

Thread Information