CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar

All is right with the world again

OK, I guess the end of the world isn't here....the Sens embarrass the Laughs twice in 3 nights and, short of Darcy the gutless wonder Tucker getting taken off the ice on a stretcher I'm a happy guy again

"Richard"
    holy , when did you get to 1000 posts little man??

Quote Originally Posted by "Richard" View Post
    holy , when did you get to 1000 posts little man??
    About 85 posts ago

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    unlike some people he didn't have to make a new thread about it

On another note....Zdeno Who? 5 points for Corvo, 5 for Spezza, hat trick for Heatley. One question though....where was Alfie. I didn't see the game, did he play like crap? Pass on the C and get rid of this guy. 5 million dollars and he's invisible.

jonf - I with ya re: Corvo, this guy look amazing! I don't know what is up with Alfie, but I do know that if we ever were to trade him he'd have to pick his game up so we could get a little value back in return......Anyway, great to see the lads playing closer to the level that they are capable of.

"Richard"
    I say get rid of alfie and redden right now. Trade them for nothing, just get that 12mil off the cap for next year or better yet trade them for guys who signed a one year deal or max two.. guys who can help with the cup this year.

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Although Alfie didn't have any points he was 2nd to Corvo in minutes played. Lots of hustle and energy on the PK too. Go Sens.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    I say get rid of alfie and redden right now. Trade them for nothing, just get that 12mil off the cap for next year or better yet trade them for guys who signed a one year deal or max two.. guys who can help with the cup this year.

Yea good one.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fireice View Post
    Although Alfie didn't have any points he was 2nd to Corvo in minutes played. Lots of hustle and energy on the PK too. Go Sens.
    I agree Alfie played well. A couple of posts away from some points. He was working very hard and it was just that the other lines accounted for the goals. The PP still isn't firing all cylinders, once it does we will see alfie rack up the points again. Great win though!

Saw the replays this morning...Alfie looked awful on that one leafs goal. He was coasting back, right beside the leaf player as he potted a rebound into the yawning cage. Alfie just stood there watching. For god's sakes, swing your stick at the puck, trip the guy, hook, the guy, knock his stick out of his hands, tackle him....take a friggin penalty, but don't just give up a free goal. At least give your goalie a chance on the penalty kill. NOT captain worthy material.

Don't give up the day job!

It would be madness to trade 2 franchise players because 9 games in they are not putting up the same numbers as last year. Alfie is playing just fine and Redden is playing with an injured groin right now. Both will be fine.

Maybe Philly should trade Forsburg and Pitkanen for nothing too.......yeah it's that dumb.

Sens PK is a cracking 93.5% right now, 100% away from home. Alfie plays a big part killing penalties, he does a lot more than he gets credit for.

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    On another note....Zdeno Who? 5 points for Corvo, 5 for Spezza, hat trick for Heatley. One question though....where was Alfie. I didn't see the game, did he play like crap? dollaPass on the C and get rid of this guy. 5 million dollars and he's invisible.
    Boy do I ever agree with you on that one jonf, there's gotta be a better way for the Sens to wpend their money!!!

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    I'd rather have alfie disappear at this time of year than in the playoffs. We complain about this team and alfie being regular season champs and post season chumps. Perhaps it will be the other way around this time of year.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
    Don't give up the day job!

It would be madness to trade 2 franchise players because 9 games in they are not putting up the same numbers as last year. Alfie is playing just fine and Redden is playing with an injured groin right now. Both will be fine.

Maybe Philly should trade Forsburg and Pitkanen for nothing too.......yeah it's that dumb.
    Alfie has 6 points in 9 games and is +5. Nine games does not make a season. Trade him? I don't think so. Ok, trade him, to the SHARKS! Send Redden along in the deal! I agree with Hank and I am not a Sens fan. Alfie kills penalties well, does little things well. Sens top points guys are Heatley & Spezza at 12 each. Two weeks ago SENS Fans were ready to trade Spezza !
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    Two weeks ago SENS Fans were ready to trade Spezza !
    True and Leaf fans thought that Spezza and Redden for Ponakawhateverhisnameis and the rights to Tie Domi would be an even trade

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    True and Leaf fans thought that Spezza and Redden for Ponakawhateverhisnameis and the rights to Tie Domi would be an even trade
    I think his name is PONYKAHORSESKY, at least that is what Grapes thinks it is

If you get Tie Domi you also get "The Dog"

ROFL Golfbun

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Redden and Spezza earn their keep and they tend to help more than they hurt us..... it is Alfie I am really unsure and confused about. Maybe if they took the 'C' away from him and gave it to a veteran who has more 'spunk' in him.... just not sure who that 'veteran' would be.

I think Tucker or Peca would look good in a Sens uni with a big C on the sweater
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

I'd love to see Tucker here, then we could send him to the minors for the rest of his pathetic life to attone for his past sins. Piece of crap, cheap shot artist............

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I'd love to see Tucker here, then we could send him to the minors for the rest of his pathetic life to attone for his past sins. Piece of crap, cheap shot artist............
    I prolly hate him as much as you do Hak, but rather have him on my team stirring things up than taking cheap shots at my players He is definitely a team motivator! lol
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    I am a huge sens fan but oh man they look horrible against boston tonight.. Watching them just made me want to throw my remote through the tv.. Alfie needs to go.. No points on their last 14 goals.. way to go!!
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Yeah, that wasn't a good effort tonight - I'm still liking what I'm seeing from Corvo though and Gerber looked solid too.

"Richard"
    Phi would be better off trading forsberg whle they can still get something for him. What have you done for me lately... but in alfies case, what have you done for me... ever!

Lets review, alfie 5+mil redden 6.5m

Redden is a big waste of money. 6.5 min and the guy has never scored more then 50 points (true he only played 65 games last year but he does play for the sens... lots of goals).
    He has a great +/- but so what hacker if he was the sens Dman. Lots of cheaper and better options.

Alfie has had 1 x 100 point season and that makes him a franchise player? Alfie may be worth his 5mil... BUT he won't be next year and for the rest of his contract. If they can get something for him right now they should because he ISN'T a fosberg or a sakic and one season with over 100 points (2 rookies did it last year..) doesn't impress me... esp not from the captian of the highest scoring team in the NHL over the last 5 years. Get rid of him, redden and gerber. Hand the starting job over to emery. Rebuild WHILE making a run forr the cup beacause whatever they are doing isn't working. I'm not saying this because redden has 1 point and alfie is having a brutal season. I will say this about any team that has over paid or over the hill players. Alfie will never have another 100 point season and after next year when spezza takes over as the 1st line centre... alfie will lose whatever trade value he has now.

Here is the problem with "old school" hockey fans... there is a cap now. These contracts are garanteed, some have no trade clauses... its more and more like the NBA now and you have to always be thinking about the cap... look at the knicks, atleast they can go over the cap and all they have to do is pay a luxury tax. The NJ devils hands are tied for some time now. That team is going to suck in a few years with all their high priced contracts and old players.

"Richard"
    Trade thorton!!! 0 goals!!

Alfie has 6 points in 9 games and is +5. Nine games does not make a season. Trade him? I don't think so. Ok, trade him, to the SHARKS! Send Redden along in the deal! I agree with Hank and I am not a Sens fan. Alfie kills penalties well, does little things well. Sens top points guys are Heatley & Spezza at 12 each. Two weeks ago SENS Fans were ready to trade Spezza !

Trade thorton!!! 0 goals!!
    Right........................ Joe has a broken toe,(So I heard through the rumour mill) But he is playing and has points!
    He did not score a lot of goal last year. He is the set up man for the ChoCho Express!
    You Sens Fans, getting all wound up about Alfie. If every team traded their star player after 10 games because he did not have 20 points there would be a lot of trading going on in the league. Hell the Leafs would have traded the entire team by now!

Right........................ If every team traded their star player after 10 games because he did not have 20 points there would be a lot of trading going on in the league. Hell the Leafs would have traded the entire team by now!
    Slight problem with your logic flow Golfbum........the Leafs have NO star players so that fact that they have made no trades makes perfect sence to me

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Fickle fickle fickle...
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Slight problem with your logic flow Golfbum........the Leafs have NO star players so that fact that they have made no trades makes perfect sence to me
    Oh yeah, I forgot! Hey it was early in the morning when I made that post. I think I forgot to turn my brain back one hour Isn't SUNDIN a STAR PLAYER?

Thread Information