CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffie View Post
    you used to be able to cut the atmosphere with a knife it was so thick.
    that was before the smoking ban
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    I agree, 100 percent. I attended games at the Forum and at MLG, and those were experiences that can't be matched - each unique in their own right, one not better than the other, but both lifetime memories. Attend a game at the Bell Center, the ACC, or SCP and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference with your eyes closed.
    Actually, with your eyes closed would be when you're most likely to experience the difference. Just listen to the fans in Montreal vs the fans here. They're always into it...not so in Ottawa. There is no such thing as silence in the Bell Centre.

Par rhh7 is on a distinguished road rhh7's Avatar

I've never been to a hockey game...

I was born in New Orleans, lived most of my life in southwest Louisiana(Acadiana).
    In 1980 I married a Calgary girl, we lived the next 20 years in the states. Then in July of 2001 we moved to Canada.

We went to my wife's office party at the beginning of this season. She won two tickets to the Flames vs. Oilers game, right next to the penalty box, $190.00 each. So I was off to my first hockey game ever!

I was shocked by the speed and the violence of the game. Players came crashing into the boards so hard, the plexiglass shook, it seemed it would all fall over into my lap. And the puck richocheting off the glass had me ducking. The players looked so young...there were multiple fights...we had anywhere from 1 to 5 players in the penalty box for much of the game. The Saddledome shook, it felt like being in a Roman circus.

Calgary won the game 2-1. I still do not understand hockey whatsoever. It was an experience of a lifetime, but once was enough for me.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Actually, with your eyes closed would be when you're most likely to experience the difference. Just listen to the fans in Montreal vs the fans here. They're always into it...not so in Ottawa. There is no such thing as silence in the Bell Centre.
    Montreal on a Saturday night for sure... it's certainly a better atomosphere than Ottawa, but shouldn't it be? After all, they've had decades more history to build on. Besides, the french generally have more fun, and get into a party-like mode more readily than we. I speak from experience - my wife is French Canadian and when we visit her parents in Quebec it's always a party atomosphere - no one knows how to have a good time better than the French.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    That's entirely my point though - the fans at Scotia bank place don't know how to have a good time. There's no reason why they shouldn't be able to creat a party atmosphere there. Besides, a lot of the folks at Sens games are francophone, being Ottawa and all.

Thread Information