I want to get a new set of irons for the 2007 season. Right now, I have a set of these Distance Master irons on Dynalite Reg steel shafts.
http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_DM0022

I'm about a 10-12 handicap and of course want to get better. Not sure what irons or type or irons I should be looking at. I don't think I'd like a blade or muscle back style as I 'think' I would find them too difficult to hit on the sweet spot on a consistent basis. I was at GT and a rep suggested a set of TM Rac os2's. Tried them out on the simulator and liked them, quite forgiving.

I find they have a wider sole than what I'm using now, as I see most game improvement irons these days. My swing is quite shallow, and I don't produce much of a divot, although I can stick my iron shots on the green within a few yards of where the ball landed with anything 5i or shorter.

Would any other info from me be helpful to better determine what irons I should look at? I know its tough without seeing my swing, I'm just worried the rac os2's will be too much of a game improvement club, not sure if thats possible. I of course want to improve, I know I won't be a golf pro or anything, but I'd like to be around the 10hcp consistently.

Thanks for your help!!