100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    4 Iron JohnDB is on a distinguished road JohnDB's Avatar

Orlando Trip - Or better

Hi,

It's my first time trying to book a golf trip with three other guys and was wondering the best location, best option and best area in the US in February.

The two option I was looking at was a package which includes flight and hotel(leaving from Ottawa) with the golf being booked when we are down there. Second option is a package that is Golf and accommodation...and the flight down is seperate.

Does anyone have any insight on this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thank you

3 Wood funk-like is on a distinguished road

Orlando

You can't go wrong with Orlando in Feb. I have done that before, and have also done Phoenix before in Feb. Phoenix is expensive, with Orlando you can find some great courses for under $100 and some very good courses in the $50 range. I am going in November and booked a 3 bedroom condo for 3 nights for $304CDN all included. Golf will be around $90 USD per round and the flight is on points. Pretty inexpensive trip. Check hotels.ca for deals on rooms, and there are literally dozens of courses to play, so just go by your budget. If you want to PM me, I can share more details about hte courses there I have played in the past, and where I am playing next month.
    In general the Disney courses are overpriced for what you get, so I would avoid them.

Hi,

Thanks for the info!!!

The current plan after researching this too the extreme is the following:

Leave on Jan 31st back Feb 6th
    Drive down to Syracuse and take a direct flight (over 4 hours) at a cost of $160US each all taxes included. Even adding the Gas down and parking for 6 days come up to way less then flying out of Ottawa ($550-$600) per person. Unless you are one of the lucky ones that can use air miles.

We are looking at booking a 4-5 room 3 bathroom Villa in West Haven area of Orlando. Not certain of the area...any insight on this would be great.

Includes:
    BBQ (Steak )
    Game room (pool table),
    Playstation,
    Large screen Surround Sound system
    Spa (electricity extra around 50-60 bucks for week) and Pool
    Totally screened in back yard (heard the bugs can be bad)
    and more..
    $810 for 4 of us

Looking at priceline to book a van

Golf will be booked when we get in Orlando. It seems you can get a good round of golf with cart and all taxes for around 50-60 dollars.

Please feel free to comment if you think another option would be better.

Orlando

Sounds like a great deal on the accomodations. Flight as well.

Use Google maps to put in the address of the condo and find your location, and when you zoom in, it shows you all the golf courses around you. http://maps.google.com/maps

The only thing I would recommend is booking your golf sooner than when you arrive. I am going on Nov. 8th and when I called down, they allowed me to book months in advance. I am playing Orange County National, Celebration, Mystic Dunes, Lake Buena Vista at Disney, and Southern Dunes. They are all in the $100 range so if you are going to do one round that is a bit more expensive go with Orange County National. Its where they do the PGA qualifying school, so you know its good.
    I have played Falcons Fire and Hawks Landing before, and they were both good courses.
    Good Luck.

Hi,

I actually did the google maps to see what was around the villa. It turns out that some of the courses you listed are close to the Villa. Will take your suggesting and look at booking early.

Are you booking any transportion for your November trip? Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks again for your help.

Orlando car.

PM Sent.

Thread Information