CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weight transfer

Sand Wedge CiscoPat is on a distinguished road

Unhappy Weight transfer

I'm still having a hard time transfering my weight from back to front when i swing especially when driving... i always catch myself finishing my swing on my back leg:crying

any tips or drills would be appreciated.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

weight transfer

Maybe Colin should answer that one. If you're finishing off on your back leg it is most probably because you're trying to help the ball up instead of letting the club do it for you. Try to picture yourself going for a slap shot in hockey... Hope this helps.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Bogie disenor is on a distinguished road

finish position

You may want to try narrowing your stance abit in order to allow your body to clear. Many people take to wide a stance and find it very difficult to get to there left side. Also, you can try moving the ball up in your stance, this will force your body to clear in order to finish on the ball. As well you should have a friend watch you swing and check your leg action, to much bend in the knees can have an adverse affect on body rotation. Hope this helps.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Unfortunately, Colin is AFK until mid April. We are on our own for another couple of weeks. :crying

Birdie Slammin' Stever is on a distinguished road Slammin' Stever's Avatar

Wink Balance

CiscoPat,
    From what I have observed with most high handicappers who stay on their back foot lack of good balance plays an important factor.

Try two easy things with your set up. #1. make sure that your stance is not too wide or too narrow. General rule of thumb is to keep the insides of you feet directly in line with your armpits. If someone to shove you from the side you would not move off your feet or fall over.

#2. Open your front foot more towards the target. If your front foot is 90 degrees from the target line then you can only use part of your front foot to keep the weight on that side. Placing the foot slightly 5 degrees towards the target allows you the keep the weight solid on that side. One of the balance drills is to swing and raise you back foot off the ground. Your front foot should be able to support your weight.

You many see good hitters not align that front foot towards the target at address but I guarantee if you observe that front foot during their follow through it will turn towards the target. They have practise this so it becomes an "auto-matic" move.

It is more reliable and repetative if the front foot is pre-set.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Pitching Wedge Clutch is on a distinguished road Clutch's Avatar

The Step and Swoosh Drill

A good drill for getting the weight on your forward foot during your follow-through is the step and swoosh......

Set up as you normally would, but this time keep your feet close together. Take your swing to the top and as you begin your down swing, side step with your left foot (assuming you are right handed) towards your target and feel the weight shift to your left (forward) foot. Practise this drill initially without a ball. When you feel comfortable enough with this drill start using a ball. Place it in your stance where you'd normally put it for when you drive. Set up by bringing your left foot beside your right. At the beginning of your down swing step towards your target and swing through and feel the weight shift. This works! I hope it helps.
    Last edited by Clutch; 04-06-2003 at 04:06 PM.

Sand Wedge CiscoPat is on a distinguished road

Talking Thanks

Thanks guys for all your help !!!

now if this weather can progress i would really like to get outhere

Thread Information