100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge golfman71 is on a distinguished road

Tip needed: trajectory...

Aside from actual swing technique, what physical components of the club most affect the trajectory, distance, control, etc. ~ The club head, the shaft specs, etc…..? And, what’s the best shaft / clubhead combo you’ve ever used on a driver?
    "Golf and sex are the only two things you don't have to be good at to enjoy."
    my newest conquest:
    [url]http://www.aldila.com/product6.html[/url]

Driver Happy Gilmore is on a distinguished road Happy Gilmore's Avatar

Many answers to one question.

Hi golfman71,

There are a couple of answers to you questions.

"What physical components of the club most affect the trajectory?"

I would have to say the loft of the club would affect the launch of the ball and the overall trajectory of the ball flight.

"Distance?"

I woud have to say the shaft foremost, and then the size and design of the head.

"Control?" Shaft, and swing path.

"What’s the best shaft / clubhead combo you’ve ever used on a driver?"

That is a personal preference question. I mean you are the only one to truly answer that question because they are your hands telling you what feel you like in your driver.

I have an Aldila HM40 X-Stiff 45.5" Arnold Palmer PHD 6* Driver that I would not sell for $3,000. I love that club . The shaft is about 97 grams which may be too heavy for some players, but I just love this club.

I hope that I have provided some information that is useful to you.

If you don't want to spend years and years and alot of $$$ trying to find the right driver for you, I would suggest you go to Swing-Sync and get fit once, and get fit right. They can build a driver for you that will feel smooth like butter.

Last point,

All bad golf can be blamed on LOFT (Lack Of Fricken Talent). All good golf played is just natural talent.
    Happy

"Play every shot so that the next one will be the easiest that you can give yourself." - Billy Casper

Re: Many answers to one question.

Originally posted by Happy Gilmore
    I have an Aldila HM40 X-Stiff 45.5" Arnold Palmer PHD 6* Driver that I would not sell for $3,000. I love that club . The shaft is about 97 grams which may be too heavy for some players, but I just love this club.
    Ah, the Tour Gold. I feel they've come full circle since the glory days of the TG with the ONE series. Have you tried the it? I would think the 85 weight low launch model would be the most similar to the HM40.

I hope that I have provided some information that is useful to you.

If you don't want to spend years and years and alot of $$$ trying to find the right driver for you, I would suggest you go to Swing-Sync and get fit once, and get fit right. They can build a driver for you that will feel smooth like butter.

Last point,

All bad golf can be blamed on LOFT (Lack Of Fricken Talent). All good golf played is just natural talent.
    Yes, indeed ~ very useful information.... at that last point provided a nice chuckle.
    my newest conquest:

Re: Re: Many answers to one question.

Originally posted by golfman71
    Have you tried the it? I would think the 85 weight low launch model would be the most similar to the HM40.
    I thought about it a great deal , but when I am so Happy with my current selection, why mess with it .

If it ain't broke, don't fix it .

Cheers
    Happy

"Play every shot so that the next one will be the easiest that you can give yourself." - Billy Casper

Re: Re: Re: Many answers to one question.

I thought about it a great deal , but when I am so Happy with my current selection, why mess with it .

If it ain't broke, don't fix it .

Cheers

Can't argue with that!
    my newest conquest:

BTW, Happy, I don't know what level of player you are (I'm probably dangerously close to the L.O.F.T. category right now...)
    but I am curious to know if there was ever a single tips someone gave you, or just one simple change in technique that made the biggest difference for you in your overall swing. Was there any such thing?
    my newest conquest:

Re: Swing Tips?

Originally posted by golfman71
    I am curious to know if there was ever a single tips someone gave you, or just one simple change in technique that made the biggest difference for you in your overall swing. Was there any such thing?
    There are so many quick tips to try to improve your swing, or the result of your swing:

GRIP
    Hands in front, head behind
    Ball position
    Right elbow in
    Knees slightly bent with a little flex
    Slow backswing
    Tempo
    Practice with a purpose ...

The best way to try to improve your swing is to try to identify the faults you want to correct. Reading Golf Magazine or Golf Digest can sometimes help by making you think more about your swing, but only if you know what you are trying to correct .

One downside that can happen when you read too much is Analysis Paralysis . You start thinking too much.

Practice with purpose and on the course rely on the practice you did by letting the swing happen.

Take a lesson if you want to improve quicker.

Hope these help.
    Happy

Re: Re: Swing Tips?

Hope these help.
    Yes, thank you. And once again, if nothing else, you've taught me another useful term... "analysis paralysis"
    my newest conquest:

I suppose it doesn't hurt to have stronger arms too... looks like I need to get back into the gym... (sigh)
    my newest conquest:

Thread Information