100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road

Is anyone using GPS?

Is anyone using PDA/GPS to collect performance information? Ball-flight patterns, distance, etc.

Fairway Junkie dasnutz is on a distinguished road dasnutz's Avatar
    I just won one of those Sky Caddie's on Saturday. The only thing that sucks is that you have to pay anywhere from $20-$60 as a subscription. I have not activated mine yet, but it looks like it will be a huge help. Only a few courses in the Ottawa area are available on Sky Caddie.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I use Intelligolf on a GPS pda (Garmin iQue 3600). No fees beyond buying the software, and you can survey courses yourself, as well as free downloads of courses surveyed by other users. I have surveyed all 3 nines at my home course and it is awesome.
    I use it for scoring and measuring out many shots but I don't try to record every shot. It teaches you your real distances pretty quickly, and gives you all you need to know for every shot.

Hybrid clankoffdatee is on a distinguished road
    I play with a guy who has a sky caddie if thats what you mean. Pretty cool gadget. He's got a few local courses in it-Outaouais, Marshes,

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I have the original SkyGolf unit (PDA based).

The S/W has the option of tracking all your short distances, club used, etc. but in the end it was a pain to enter it all while playing. I found it was better to just note how far each club by paying attention and then just go with that.

Albatross Smoothie is on a distinguished road Smoothie's Avatar
    I use Intelligolf on a Palm m505 and love it. It has defnitely helped my scores. Only pain is in mapping the courses.

Thread Information