100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

Software registration removal

I bought this software sometime back but never registered it and went over the 30 day period. I don't want to copy it I just want to use it. I would like to remove every trace on y computer and start all over again. Can anybody help me out? Thanks.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

3 Iron ktikat is on a distinguished road ktikat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    I bought this software sometime back but never registered it and went over the 30 day period. I don't want to copy it I just want to use it. I would like to remove every trace on y computer and start all over again. Can anybody help me out? Thanks.
    What software is it? You can send me a pm...I might be able to help

Driver dreaded_snowman is on a distinguished road dreaded_snowman's Avatar
    I assume you mean activation (where iit prompts you to connect via the internet to confirm you own the product and associated your serial number with you). If this is the case, there should not be any time limit on activating it, but moving machines could be an issue.

If you can't just uninstall/reinstall, you'll probably need to contact the company to have your activation reset so it can be used on another machine - usually there's an "activate by phone" option where you can call and get human assistance.

Snowman.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaded_snowman View Post
    I assume you mean activation (where iit prompts you to connect via the internet to confirm you own the product and associated your serial number with you). If this is the case, there should not be any time limit on activating it, but moving machines could be an issue.

If you can't just uninstall/reinstall, you'll probably need to contact the company to have your activation reset so it can be used on another machine - usually there's an "activate by phone" option where you can call and get human assistance.

Snowman.
    It's A MOI matching software.(matching clubs by moment of inertia vs swingweight matching) Trial period is 30 days. I tried resetting the clock but that does not work. I have removed it and reinstalled it but I still get the prompt that I have to register. The registration number does not work. I contacted the company and they sent me an over ride but that still does not work. There is a trace somewhere on my computer. The trace needs to be eraised. I need help finding it. In other words if I eraise it/delete it I will be able to reinstall as if it was the first time.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    There's probably an entry in the Windows registry that needs to be erased. These can be very hard to find.

To open the registry editor you use the command "regedit". Be careful if you go this route because you can mess up your computer if you delete or change the wrong thing.

The other sure fire way to clean the registry is to re-install windows.

It's A MOI matching software.(matching clubs by moment of inertia vs swingweight matching) Trial period is 30 days. I tried resetting the clock but that does not work. I have removed it and reinstalled it but I still get the prompt that I have to register. The registration number does not work. I contacted the company and they sent me an over ride but that still does not work. There is a trace somewhere on my computer. The trace needs to be eraised. I need help finding it. In other words if I eraise it/delete it I will be able to reinstall as if it was the first time.
    If you need to edit the registry on your computer, the company that owns the software MUST be able to tell you what the registry keys to remove are. If you want, pm me the URL for the software, I'll install it and see if I can figure out what you should remove....

I would strongly advise against opening regedit and deleting things unless you know what you are doing (or are prepared for the next reboot to maybe be your last.... )

Snowman

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I would strongly advise against opening regedit and deleting things unless you know what you are doing (or are prepared for the next reboot to maybe be your last.... )

Snowman
    I'm with Snowman on this one!! Don't mess around with regedit unless you know what you're doing

If you need to edit the registry on your computer, the company that owns the software MUST be able to tell you what the registry keys to remove are. If you want, pm me the URL for the software, I'll install it and see if I can figure out what you should remove....

Snowman
    Thanks. No url for downloading. Only a CD Rom. I have the CD though.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks. No url for downloading. Only a CD Rom. I have the CD though.
    If you want you can copy it and we can hook up for a drop off, then I can try and sort it out for ya. LMK.

Snowman

If you want you can copy it and we can hook up for a drop off, then I can try and sort it out for ya. LMK.

Snowman

I wrote the company asking the registry key.. IF they don't get back by tuesday I will contact you. Much appreciated.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar
    usually a .dll is involved. Got to the c:\windows\system folder and look for a dll that is recent (sort by date). DO NOT DELETE all the very recent ones, list them here (less than 10 I bet), and i will post back the answer. Some of the recent ones are critical system files, so do not be deleting them randomly please. That is needed IN ADDITION to clean the reg key that they tell you to remove.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer"

[/COLOR]Kevin

Kevin. The software was installed sometime back on this computer. I did what you ask and 137 entries showed up. Whenever I try to reinstall it I get the following prompt:An older version blah blah c:\windows\system32\itircl.dll
    Description:microsoft@infotechirlocalDLL
    Your version 5.2.3790.2453

Here is what the support service told:
    Andre,

Thank you for the quick e-mail regarding the registry entries for the MOI software. I do not recommend that you do that manually, as you may seriously damage your OS. The registry keys' themselves are compiled by VB, so we have to look for them and that will take considerable time. Thus I would ike to suggest that you download this little program from ten internet for cleaning dead keys from the registry. The software I believe is free.
    http://www.macecraft.com/

I downloaded the free version. I also found the file in c:\windows\system but don't know how to open it or rather don't know what to use to open it with.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Kevin. The software was installed sometime back on this computer. I did what you ask and 137 entries showed up. Whenever I try to reinstall it I get the following prompt:An older version blah blah c:\windows\system32\itircl.dll
    Description:microsoft@infotechirlocalDLL
    Your version 5.2.3790.2453

Here is what the support service told:
    Andre,

Thank you for the quick e-mail regarding the registry entries for the MOI software. I do not recommend that you do that manually, as you may seriously damage your OS. The registry keys' themselves are compiled by VB, so we have to look for them and that will take considerable time. Thus I would ike to suggest that you download this little program from ten internet for cleaning dead keys from the registry. The software I believe is free.
    http://www.macecraft.com/

I downloaded the free version. I also found the file in c:\windows\system but don't know how to open it or rather don't know what to use to open it with.
    Okay, your error (if the above error message is the only problem you're having), has nothing to do with registry entries, do don't bother with the registry cleaning software. The registry cleaner probably wouldn't remove the right keys anyhow. I suspect the person you corresponded with was some witless sales type (apologies in advance to any witless sales type forum members ).

The file it's complaining about is a dynamic link library (dll), a compiled library of program code. It's a standard windows file, the Infotech infrared driver. It's non-critical - just to prove it, I renamed the file to itircl.dll.orig on this computer and rebooted without issue. I'd suggest you just rename the existing file as I did, and then try to run your installer again. Chances are you don't even load this particular driver on your computer (or if you do, you don't use infrared anyhow).

Keep us posted

Snowman

Interesting - I noticed on reboot that the original file came back - I suspect it may have been my anti-virus software suspecting a virus of some sort attacking my system files. You should probably rename it and attempt reinstall without a reboot in between in case the file magically reappears on your system after reboot.....

I have renamed it 5 times and it keeps coming back
    c:\windows\system32\itircl.dll

Also showing up in:
    C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386
    Last edited by Chieflongtee; 10-17-2006 at 08:03 AM.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information