100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    5 Iron Dustin is on a distinguished road

Battle of Bighorn

What a fun event!
    Woods and Sorenstam V.S Duval and Webb.

It amazed me how bad the golf was last night though. It was almost like watching my friends and i play

Webb putt the ball and it rolled 60 feet past the hole. It was the ugliest thing i have ever seen. More shots in the bunkers and bushes than i have seen in a while.

Great concept and even if it was bad golf, it was great entertainment for a Monday night.

Also on Sunday was Weir V.S Gretzky, Hull and Sakic. That was fantastic entertainment as well. I was impressed on how well the NHL'ers kicked Weirs ass.

Hopefully they will have more of this stuff once in a while.

Dustin

3 Wood LongHitta is on a distinguished road LongHitta's Avatar
    It was quite entertaining becuase they had lots of trouble shots, like all of us, However, when you tune in to watch those 4 golfers play, you expect to see some excellent, so i was a little dissapointed that way. Overall it was a good show though.

.... I thought the Weir vs. NHL'ers was like 3 weeks ago

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar

surprised?.... no

No, not surprised at all. In a normal week, they only show the best shots all day, plus the leaders who are doing well. If this foursome was playing in a tournament, then we'd be skipping all the junk and they'd only show us the highlight reel stuff.

This foursome of great golfers make bad shots all the time, but usually they are saved by a producer leaving the bad stuff on the cutting room floor, and so we never see it. Last night we got to see it all.

I played in an alternate shot match this year with a woman I'd never met before. I can sympathize that you don't have enough opportunities to redeem yourself, like when you play all the shots yourself.

I'm glad I saw it. I was cheering for all 4 of them all the time. I thought the women made just as many great shots as the men, and just as many crappy ones. If they do this again next year, I'll be there to watch it again.

Even though I'd like to see them hit more fairways and greens, there was corroboration that the course was set up VERY tough last night, with brick-hard fast greens, and the tees back. Oddly, at one point Sorenstam putted off the green down the fairway, and a comment was made that the members expected the ball to roll off the green - that's a bit severe. Also, Webb's tee shot on 16 reached the back fringe, only to roll all the way down to the front of the green - hm, that's pretty severe too.

And I loved the look on Sorenstam's face after she chipped Tiger's tee-ball out of the suspended lie in the bush. Apparently Tiger quipped that she should have put some spin on it, and she replied to the effect that he didn't notice that the ball was suspended in midair. Would have loved to see Webb crack a smile too.

spidey

Thread Information