100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    4 Iron Ditty_72 is on a distinguished road

The Perfect Club

Anyone use this club? What do you think of it? Please post any reviews (long or short) you have of them. These can be found found for a steal on ebay, and I'm wondering if it's worth trying out.

Thanks in advance

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    I have a perfect club with a low trajectory shaft and I love it for playing indoors hitting into the screen. It goes 235 all day long, but in real life I just couldn't get a consistent distance with it, although it's really easy to hit feels great I would hit it anywhere from 180 to 215, so I had to put my 4 iron back in my bag for real play but still use it for indoor play. By the way people that tried it at the driving range really liked it so it might be a good club to try and get cheaply on E-bay.

What loft do you have?

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditty_72 View Post
    What loft do you have?
    ...I have one of the originals so I believe it's the loft of a 5 wood and the length of a 5 iron. The only trouble is the loft of a 5 wood can be anywhere between 21 and about 19 degrees, so I don't know the exact loft but I would guess it's stronger than 21 degrees.

I think the original was 21*.

The set I found is a set of the 18, 21 and 24* perfect clubs. the 18 says Perfect Plus, the 21 just says the Perfect Club and the 24 says Perfect Accuracy so from that, I'd say the 21* is the original. I could be wrong though, as I don't know that much about these clubs.

I believe your right, the 21 is the original and the 18 came out afterwards. I never heard of the 24. This was a very accurate club for me It's the only wood that I've been able to hit the seam 5 times in a row with at the indoor driving range. I think the seam is about 20 inches wide and about 90 yards out at the perfect clubs trajectory.

Wow! That's impressive. Did you find that these hooked for you? I talked to a friend who tried one who is the same level as me (both 5 handicaps) and he found that it hooked every shot. What's your take on that? (btw- I hit a natural fade so I'm not worried about hooking that much, I'm just wondering if the draw bias is truly noticeable)

No hook for me, dead straight, like a laser. The trajectory is lower with my club due to the penetrating ball flight shaft. It's amazing to watch the balls come off of this club. Anytime I have a competition with other golfers using woods I always use this club from the mat and I have never lost.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Frank, are you the guy in those infomercials on the Golf Channel?????? LOL
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Frank, are you the guy in those infomercials on the Golf Channel?????? LOL
    ......Only difference is my pockets are empty , I love my perfect club except for the inconsistency of the yardage on the course. I do believe it's because of the lower launch trajectory so that it doesn't carry as far as a 4 iron.

Have you considered reshafting it and putting it back in play?

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    I never bought one, but did try the original, as well as 18 and 24 on demo days. Hit nothing but effortless straight shots. Only reason I didn't buy as I couldn't back a couple years ago, get a good ebay deal.
    If cheap now I would recommend them.
    ps also take a look at the la jolla knife woods. They used to be an infomercial product. I have three and they are awesome and good $ on ebay.
    either choice of perfect club or knife is good.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

6 Iron Bull147 is on a distinguished road
    I have the 18 & 24*, which have replaced my 5-wood and 4&5 irons, respectively. I have to echo what the others are saying about the low, penetrating ball flight, but damn, do they ever hit straight! Get the steel shaft versions when you do buy them; the graphites feel very dead in comparison. If you're looking for them, there is a golf warehouse on Princess Street at Gardiner's Road in Kingston (name escapes me at present) that has a good range of them in left & right hand models. Golf Town Markham usually has a bunch, as does Fore Golfers Only in St. Thomas. Not that I've researched it much or anything... I'm heading to London on Tuesday for a conference if anyone wants me to look for them.

I've actually looked into the Knife fairway woods before. Can't remember why I didn't buy one.

The ones I'm looking at have steel shafts.

They can be found at an unbelievable price. The one I'm bidding on is ending tomorrow and it's still at 1 cent! (There are plenty more sets, no need to outbid me )

Thanks a lot for the input, keep the comments coming

Thread Information