100 Holes of Hope

View Poll Results: What set up would you prefer if you were playing?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arrive Fri, stay over, play 36 Sat, leave Sat

6 15.38%
  • Arrive Fri, stay over, play 18 Sat, stay over, play 18 Sun, leave Sun

9 23.08%
  • Arrive Sat, play 18, stay over, play 18 Sun, leave Sun

20 51.28%
  • Arrive Sat, play 36, stay over, leave Sun

4 10.26%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    Just a couple of my ideas and thoughts, Number one is I think the winner of the forum match play should be an automatic entry if he wants to play.
    Hmmmm... I agree!

MJF

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    The "caddy/bartender" idea is a good one , picked or not i would go just for the fun time.
    However as for the qualifying idea , as the ryder cup obviously has no handicaps , i think a stroke play tourney may be the answer, but again if this is just for fun , then simply picking names from a hat will not offend anyone.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I am sure a bunch of us would travel just for the fun of it even if we are not playing
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

3 Iron ktikat is on a distinguished road ktikat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    This may floor some of you, but might I suggest bringing one female OG member and having the GTA do the same?
    Yeah yeah I agree!!!!!!

I wanna play too

Birdie Sensgirl is on a distinguished road Sensgirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ktikat View Post
    Yeah yeah I agree!!!!!!

I wanna play too
    Just make sure everyone is out of your way

3 Iron ktikat is on a distinguished road ktikat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NewGolfer View Post
    Just make sure everyone is out of your way

As long as Donny and Hacker aren't ahead I'm sure everything will be just fine
    My ball has built in radar just for them

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ktikat View Post

As long as Donny and Hacker aren't ahead I'm sure everything will be just fine
    My ball has built in radar just for them
    I've been meaning to ask you...........How far can you hit a ball? I live very close to the Marshes, Loch March and Eagle Creek......Should I be putting hard hats on my boys or putting my vechicles in the garage anytime your playing those courses??

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    Just a couple of my ideas and thoughts, Number one is I think the winner of the forum match play should be an automatic entry if he wants to play. Thought number two is see if everyone can have caddies so that more of us can have the fun of being part of the action. I probably couldn't come all the way up there to qualify but I'll come up just to caddy for one of the players and then just play an extra day with some other members if possible.
    Good suggestions Frank, I'll keep those in mind with all the others I have recieved so far.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    ..., and 9 worst ball would be cool.
    The other team picking which ball you must play (or re-play). That would be worth the price of admission!

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    That is a good idea Dan. Will definately consider that. I'm starting to feel like Tom Lehman.
    Good Lord, I hope your team does better than Tom Lehman's did
    I just got caught up on this thread.
    I agree with Mr Kilbank on the idea of a Qualifier. Knowing the TGN boys from frequent visits to that site you can bet your a** they will try to field the strongest team.
    Since you have so many interested from the Ottawa area you could easily have a one round shootout. Now this might not always lead you down the road with the best as someone can have a good day and someone can have a bad day. However it will be fair to all that want to play in the event.
    Your two Captain's Picks could be used on out of towners like Ironmaster etc. Guys/gals who can not make the Qualifier.
    Just the thoughts of an old man
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    On the subject of qualifiers, I'm not sure that a one day event is the best idea. Assuming we get enough people who can make it, I'd suggest going with the N lowest handicaps (N = 8,9 or 10 ) since anyone can have a bad day.

As a shining example of consistency, my last three rounds were 75, 88, 76.

On a better note, when I mentioned this to the wife she said, and I'm quoting almost directly here:

Quote Originally Posted by The Wife
    Sounds like a good idea, go for it. The TO guys will get to play a couple of weeks more than you though. Maybe we should go to Pinehurst again so you can get some early rounds in so you'll play better.
    BTW, she is not kidding about the Pinehurst thing.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    When I mentionned it to my wife, she said: "I'll just go to my parents" At first, I was pretty impressed how easily it went, then I started to think... would she return?

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    When I mentionned it to my wife, she said: "I'll just go to my parents" At first, I was pretty impressed how easily it went, then I started to think... would she return?

I have not mentioned this to my wife. I am waiting to see if I make the TEAM! Then I will sit down, come up with some lame a** excuse. She likes Kingston so maybe she'll come along!
    No, she will not Caddy!
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

I'm glad its looking promising for some of you to compete in this, should you make the team of course. And if you get to go to Pinehurst, you can thank me later jvincent. I have put the options out there to the TGN team. I'll wait for an answer. As for method of picking the team, I will confirm with my captain's pick. He will be my co-captain so speak, because he knows he's already on the team. So once I hear more I will update accordingly, and eventually reveal who is my captain's pick. He already knows he's my pick, but asked him to keep it silent for now. Stay tuned for more info.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

This thread keeps getting better each day. "Sakuraba" let me know what your Pinehurst plans are--we will be in the area for the month of March --ps thank "wifey" for me and all the others that may do some second thinking

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar

p-p-p-pinehurst?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    This thread keeps getting better each day. "Sakuraba" let me know what your Pinehurst plans are--we will be in the area for the month of March --ps thank "wifey" for me and all the others that may do some second thinking
    I wish. Pine Lodge, maybe. You have me confused with jvincent.

Oh, and to reply to an earlier topic in the thread, "Moosehead" & I are taking responsability for restoring the captain's love of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    I wish. Pine Lodge, maybe. You have me confused with jvincent.

Oh, and to reply to an earlier topic in the thread, "Moosehead" & I are taking responsability for restoring the captain's love of the game

Yes you guys can. That round at Sorcier was one of the most entertaining rounds of the year for me. Thanks again guys.

OK "jvincent", what I said to "Sakuraba"

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Pine Lodge, good lord i had some good times at that place!!!

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    OK "jvincent", what I said to "Sakuraba"
    Will do.

They had an Easter special that the family unit took advantage of in 2005. My oldest will turn 12 next year so we were thinking of doing it again while he can still stay/eat for free.

The special was one round of golf or spa per adult, breakfast and dinner included. They run a camp during the day for the kids that was relatively inexpensive.

I have been approached with a request and would like some feedback on this. A good friend of mine has started another Ontario based golf site (londongolfer.com). He is also a member here and on TGN. He has seen this thread and was wondering if there would be room in this event for a team from the South of Ontario. What do you say guys and gals? I think it would be great to have another competiting team in this. The more the better I say. Lets hear some feedback.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Why not man the more the merrier. We could get some prizes and such donated and have a partayyyyyyy!!!

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    sounds like another great addition to a great looking event.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

I guess I should chime in here. I am Matt, and I run www.londongolfers.com.

We would love to be a part of this event. I know we are a pretty small forum right now, but we are getting bigger every day. I am sure we can get enough guys to play in the event.

I hope you guys don't mind me posting my forum info here. If you do, you can definately edit it out.

Thanks!
    Matt

Glad you chimed in Matt. So far response has only been from a few, but seems to be positive. It would just add another twist to the event, and then the winning team would be able to brag about being the best in Ontario (unless there is other Ontario based golf forums we don't know about).

As as per forum rules, posting your website once is ok. You are allowed to put your url in your signature, as long as you don't add "Come to my site...." "You should visit my site at....".

And as for being a small site, not for long Matt.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    This sounds like a great idea , the partying after/during the games could be one for the record books / divorce courts
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Thanks Geoff. I didn't know I could put my site in my signature.

I would even say the "losers" have to have a banner on their site for X amount of time saying who the winner is.. LOL

I have no problem with the London guys joining the fray. As stated above, the more the merrier.

Just curious, how would we set-up the scoring? The brain is slow tonight so I can't think of a good way to balance the play across three teams.

We'll figure something out. Shouldn't be hard to make up some sort of scoring. As opposed to strictly match play, we might have to make up some sort of match/stroke play combination.

And as for the defeated teams, I have a pretty good idea of what my be required of them.

Uh oh.. Devious.... So that is how you guys roll? LOL
    [B][I][B][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/B][/I][/B]

Thread Information