CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge michaeld is on a distinguished road

Vieux Moulins: Comments and Conditions pls.; and Greensmere

Looking to expand my horizons this weekend, and am considering Viex Moulins in Aylmer. Anybody played it? I ususally use the Meadows for the $35 comparison.

BTW, Greensmere should be open tomorrow, begging for a tee-time and will report if I get it. Anybody else get on?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

Smile

I played it earlier in the season and the greens were in terrible shape. A few weeks later, some friends played and said they had improved drastically. Haven't played there since. It's a decent layout, though I don't love the first couple of holes, but it gets better after that. It's a young course, so expect it to be a little rough around the edges, but it's cheap and interesting. Worth the money at least to check it out to see if you like it.

Jeff

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar

Greensmere

Greensmere doesn't have power and phone lines yet, so I doubt it will be open this week. Also, all the hardware hasn't been installed yet... (ball washers, signage, etc.) and the clubhouse isn't finished yet. The course is in good shape, the greens are all full, and most of the tees are in good shape (all the par 3's and a couple of par 4's on the front 9 are playing off mats for now). The rough is not fully grown in yet, and there are various maintenance paths and ground under repair areas which will disappear over time.

The course plays great, and a bit long. My estimation is that it will be a solid $35-$45 course when it grows in. Also, most of the bunkering in the diagrams hasn't been put in yet. I understand that's because they're waiting to see how the course plays, and where the best positioning of bunkers may be. I believe it has yet to be rated.

For now, only members and guests are permitted on the course, so if you can find a member, you can get out and play.

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar

btw Dan...

this link...

http://www.ottawagolf.com/greensmere/Greensmeremap.jpg

is invalid and is not showing the map for the course on the webpage......

it appears to work if you change it to...

http://www.ottawagolf.com/greensmere/greensmeremap.jpg

spidey

ps... I would have sent this as a PM, but it's not working for me.

Sand Wedge michaeld is on a distinguished road
    Just was called by Mr. Greene at Greensmere. Public opening August 10th, members only August 1st.

Stay Tuned! We were going to play, but will go to Packenham instead. I'll wait for the turf to grow in a bit, but am assured a good experience by the owner.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Map for Greensmere is fixed. Thanks.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Greensmere

I'm a member at Greensmere and have been really enjoying playing there. Yesterday there were some green fee players as the web page had advertised Aug. 1. Special on for the next week of $20 green fee and $20 for power carts.
    Due to no rain the rough hasn't had a chance to grow in yet so generous relief but the fairways are coming in very good. The greens are great and most should love the size of them.
    The clubhouse is still a week or two away from being usable and no phones in yet for tee times so we show up and be patient to get off #1.

This is and will be a very enjoyable golf course and the back nine will "elevate your game"

Gerry

Gap Wedge HÄnd|cÄp is on a distinguished road
    Vieux du Moulin or whatever it's called is worth a visit, short but some challenging holes and in good shape for a young course.
    You lifted your head...grrrrr!

Thread Information