CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    1 Iron Bidou is on a distinguished road Bidou's Avatar

Smile Reasonable $$ for Limo/Car Service

I'm just throwing this out there.

I'm getting married in June at Stonebridge and was wondering if you smart bunch of fella's can help me out. I am currently looking for a limo/car service for the big day but as soon as I mention "Wedding" I get the old Cha Ching price that comes with it. Now while I am not an extremely wealthy/wealthy challenged individual, I don't think $800+ is reasonable for ride to and from a golf course in a nice car. The problem with the limo service is that the meter starts as soon as the car arrives at your door step and continues charging till midnight. So it starts at $400 and it continues at $120 for each additional hour.

So, I am looking for some ideas. Of course a navigator/hummer rental is an option but if someone has or knows somebody with a good look'in ride and wants to make a little coin for 2 hours work let me know.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    When my wife & I got married we ran into the same thing - too much money to justify for that ride, plus, you've seen one limo you've seen them all. I would try to find a friend, or friend of friend with a nice antique car or a cool set of wheels. That's what we did - ended up in a '52 Chev - very cool, and the guy who owned not only chauffeured us for free but even had a bottle of champagne waiting in the car for us. IMO limos are a rip-off, you can be way more unique for much less $$
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Fairway Junkie dasnutz is on a distinguished road dasnutz's Avatar
    I rented a Hummer when I got married. The only problem was that we had to find our own driver. Cost of the rental was about $250 plus gas.

1 Iron Bidou is on a distinguished road Bidou's Avatar

Hummer Rental

Dasnutz, if you don't mind me asking......where did you rent it from?

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    We rented a big ass stretch limo. It was big enough that 8 people fit in it. It picked the women up at 1:30, and then drove us home at 1:30, so 12 hrs. Cost was 500.00$ I can't remember the name of the company but they were near the corner of Hunt Club & Russell Rd I think, or is ti Hawthorne there? Yeah that's it, Hawthorne & russell.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    My daughter just got married and everyone told us it would be a minimum of 500.00--yeah right! I called Fleetwood 613 745 2727--was put intouch with Ron or Marc--cant remember now--Brand new white caddy--great chauffeur--on time to the minute--no rush etc etc 100.00 1 hr plus a few minutes---should have got his card
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Thread Information