100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Itrader ratings

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar

Itrader ratings

Have had a couple of interesting conversations lately about Itrader ratings. Has anyone else noticed that there is no one on this site that has a rating less than 100%?

I suppose this is possible because of the unique 'family' that this forum has, but it would seem highly unlikely that every transaction that ever happened in here went off without a hitch. I am personally aware of few that did not go well, yet there is no indication of this in the ratings.

So, my question is, what would it take for you to rate something as a bad experience in a trade and would you overlook a poor transaction as long as the final outcome was good?
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I had this same conversations with some forum members lately. A bit of thought on my part, if you talk with someone about a deal and then someone bails out on it, why post neg feedback? You are only out your time spend organizing the deal. But if someone fails to cross ship, or doesn't describe their item accordingly once you get in your hands etc, I could see the warrant of neg feedback. Its a touchy topic, but I guess its up to the people involved.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    I had this same conversations with some forum members lately. A bit of thought on my part, if you talk with someone about a deal and then someone bails out on it, why post neg feedback? You are only out your time spend organizing the deal. But if someone fails to cross ship, or doesn't describe their item accordingly once you get in your hands etc, I could see the warrant of neg feedback. Its a touchy topic, but I guess its up to the people involved.
    Fair enough

By the way, your sig... I know where your game went for at least one day last Saturday! Cause that sure as hell wasn't my game
    Last edited by Indio; 10-05-2006 at 11:34 PM. Reason: fixed spulleng

Caddy KickerOfElves is on a distinguished road KickerOfElves's Avatar
    What about negative feedback for a guy (hypothetically, let's call him...Biff Thompson) whom, after you spend hours and hours slaving over a club (or set of clubs) making them just right:

- trades them away before he even plays a round with them, or
    - trades them away before they even show up in the mail
    ?

Should Biff get some negative feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by KickerOfElves View Post
    What about negative feedback for a guy (hypothetically, let's call him...Biff Thompson) whom, after you spend hours and hours slaving over a club (or set of clubs) making them just right:

- trades them away before he even plays a round with them, or
    - trades them away before they even show up in the mail
    ?

Should Biff get some negative feedback?

Not if he paid you what was agreed to and took delivery as agreed. AND we all know that 'Biff' is an up front and honest guy LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    However, the ones I have discussed with a couple of members recently, I certainly would want to know about the guy's actions if I was contemplating dealing with him. If I knew in advance what he had done, I would definitely not do business with him thats for sure.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    in such a case, wouldn't it just be an option to leave neutral feedback? That way it lets people know that the trade was not ideal, but at the same time, worked out in the end.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Have had a couple of interesting conversations lately about Itrader ratings. Has anyone else noticed that there is no one on this site that has a rating less than 100%?

I suppose this is possible because of the unique 'family' that this forum has, but it would seem highly unlikely that every transaction that ever happened in here went off without a hitch. I am personally aware of few that did not go well, yet there is no indication of this in the ratings.

So, my question is, what would it take for you to rate something as a bad experience in a trade and would you overlook a poor transaction as long as the final outcome was good?
    I think part of the reason there aren't many bad transactions, is that most are trades are made in person. Therefore you can't agree to pay someone, then stiff them when you get the clubs, or not ship a club that someone has already paid you for. As far as giving someone a negative rating because they wasted your time, i don't think that's fair.

Driver dreaded_snowman is on a distinguished road dreaded_snowman's Avatar
    I haven't had any transaction in here that's been bad. I thiink a big part of that is that you tend to see the person "live" for pickup, cash, so there's both a human aspect to it, and a finality (the cash).

I deal a lot on ebay, and in there, if you have a bad transaction, you work very hard to sort it out in some mutually compatible way, or else everyone loses in the long run. Nobody wants to have sub 100% ratings unless their volume is so high that it's statistically not a factor to their image as a seller.

Snowman.

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Actually Indio at least one person has a -1 rating, one negative, and no positive, is currently selling something, and the feedback should scare anyone away (except apparently it doesn't).

In general this is a great place to buy stuff at a great price, and if I can see the item in person before paying, then the itrader rating doesn't come into play for me.

I have encountered all types of people in my deals - almost all were great people, but there were those that say they will take an item but eventually don't, those that want to negotiate after saying they would take the item (even worse if you drive 20km to meet them and they do this), but they are few and far between.

I have my own itrader rating for a few guys - it just means if they ever want to deal with me again they will be out of luck.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I'm very hesitant to neg someone when I am not out cash or a club. Like most people have said, the face to face aspect of deals here means almost 100% of the time it's going to work out. It's not like ebay where a bid is a contract to buy, in this sort of marketplace I don't consider anything sold until there's an exchange of cash and club.

I've only been tempted to leave negative feedback once, but in that case I still had my club. It wasn't fraud or anything, just annoying, so I left it.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Nothing but positive experiences on this site. A face to face deal is great: You look at the item, feel it, fork over the $. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't have offered to buy it. As a seller, I've never had anybody not want to buy something once we've met and they'ce looked at the club, however, I wouldn't post neg feed if we arranged to meet, & they decided they didn't like it. Posting pics really helps eliminate any doubt about condition also.

This site is infinitely preferrable to ebay, the only limitation is that there is not the same volume here (Geoff's itrader rating of 176 transaction notwithstanding)

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    I've had a few transactions here on the forum, all face to face, all positive. That's what seems to makes this site so great. I've also had a few golf transactions on ebay as well, all positive as well, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    in such a case, wouldn't it just be an option to leave neutral feedback? That way it lets people know that the trade was not ideal, but at the same time, worked out in the end.
    That sounds more than reasonable to me

Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    I think part of the reason there aren't many bad transactions, is that most are trades are made in person. Therefore you can't agree to pay someone, then stiff them when you get the clubs, or not ship a club that someone has already paid you for. As far as giving someone a negative rating because they wasted your time, i don't think that's fair.
    I wasn't suggesting giving a neg rating for wasting time Dave, its was more of a way to try and see what people thought about the rating system and if they really paid attention. I know personally I have had a dozen or so transactions in here (although it says only 5) and all of them have been very satisfactory. I have had to deals that trouble was encountered (both sales or trades by me) but the issues were resolved to the 'clients' satisfaction very quickly. I was surprised I didn't get a negative rating on one (didn't get any rating) and the other I would have expected a neutral.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post

I have had nothing but good experiences. The only neutral experience I have had is when the potential buyer tried to negotiate what was already negotiated i.e low ball. No deal took place but unpleasant experience to say the least. I did not bother leaving a feedback.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    I have had nothing but good experiences. The only neutral experience I have had is when the potential buyer tried to negotiate what was already negotiated i.e low ball. No deal took place but unpleasant experience to say the least. I did not bother leaving a feedback.
    Those are the deals that are a PITA.... it warrants feedback but not sure to what degree.... In my simple mind if you make a deal and agree on a price, you live up to it and don't try to get a better deal. In my case, I drove about 30 miles to deliver the bloody thing right to the persons door (I have a gas guzzling Expedition) and when I got there, the first thing out of the fellas mouth was will you accept,,,,, I out the club back in the boat without a word and drove the 30 miles back home That was an expensive wated trip for me (10 MPG for gas)

Quote Originally Posted by lms View Post
    Actually Indio at least one person has a -1 rating, one negative, and no positive, is currently selling something, and the feedback should scare anyone away (except apparently it doesn't).

In general this is a great place to buy stuff at a great price, and if I can see the item in person before paying, then the itrader rating doesn't come into play for me.

I have encountered all types of people in my deals - almost all were great people, but there were those that say they will take an item but eventually don't, those that want to negotiate after saying they would take the item (even worse if you drive 20km to meet them and they do this), but they are few and far between.

I have my own itrader rating for a few guys - it just means if they ever want to deal with me again they will be out of luck.
    Really, I haven't sen any less than perfect ratings. I guess I just haven't looked at the right posts!

The vast majority of my deals both selling and buying have gone very well. Great bunch of people in here. The 2 that didn't go well, I wouldn't buy or sell that person anything ever again, even if i was desperate

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I think the mostly perfect ratings speak volumes for personal interaction vs cross country shipping.

If a deal goes South and all parties are ok with it, no feedback is needed. If someone is out of pocket or not happy, negative feedback is appropriate. Always leave an explanation so that others can judge if it may be a potential repeat scenario.

"Richard"
    There are two people on this forum that I would have left negative ratings for over the past year but instead... I just didn't leave them one period. I felt bad and didn't want to be the first person to leave someone an negative. I personally don't care if someone leaves me a negative as all my trades seem to be with geoff, cov, indio and the saint and they already know me enough not to go by my rating.

Quote Originally Posted by "Richard" View Post
    There are two people on this forum that I would have left negative ratings for over the past year but instead... I just didn't leave them one period. I felt bad and didn't want to be the first person to leave someone an negative. I personally don't care if someone leaves me a negative as all my trades seem to be with geoff, cov, indio and the saint and they already know me enough not to go by my rating.
    Pssst, you still owe me $10

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    I think the mostly perfect ratings speak volumes for personal interaction vs cross country shipping.
    Couldn't agree more Dan, speaks volumes and volumes about the integrity of the folks on here and golfers in general. After all, Golf is a gentleman's sport!

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    I have only had one negative experience selling on this forum,but not bad enough to leave a neg.
    Was due to a language barrier i think?
    Allways enjoy chatting with the folks i deal with.
    I think i might leave Richard a neg,because every deal i have had with him,he never shows up! Leaves it with Bobby for me to pick up!
    Anyone notice Geoffs rating?
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    67 trades. 100% posative.

Do I have to repost my green giant guy?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    67 trades. 100% posative.

Do I have to repost my green giant guy?

In my best Austin Powers voice "Maybe??????"
    But I have to agree with jonf on this. If you are not out anything but your time perhaps a neutral rating with details of what happened is not a bad idea. But unless you get stiffed for cash or a club I don't think neg feedback is warranted. Just my opinion.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thread Information