+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar

What new features have you found ??

OK, lets help each other out. Dan performed and upgrade to the forum software yesterday. What new features have you found so far?

Here is what I have seen so far....

1. When you edit a post you made, it now has a box to enete the reason for the edit

2. There is now a BCC(Blind Copy) when sending PM's

3. There is a quick link in the quote section that takes you back to the original quote (Hacker must be pissed at that one! )

4. when you click on a number in a poll, it shows you all the names that voted and what they voted for in all options.

Haven't been here long enough today to find any others

I still don't see an 'interpret' or 'easy' button for understanding some posts!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    hate to burst your bubble, but number 4 ain't new. That option has always been there, its just up to the poll-maker to select it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    hate to burst your bubble, but number 4 ain't new. That option has always been there, its just up to the poll-maker to select it.
    Whenever I tried it in the past, it would only show the voters for that particular option, not all the options (at least thats what I remember)

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    There are some more things coming, and I will list the changes when done.

OK all the configuration is done to the new version of the board.

Here's what's new ...

Multi-Quote
    An additional button now appears on posts.
    A user may click as many of these buttons as they wish to "Select" the posts. Once they click a reply button, the content of each of the selected posts will be quoted and shown in the reply window.
    If you wish to quote posts in other threads with multi-quote, you simply need to click a link on the reply page, and the text of those posts will be added without a reload.

Auto-Resize Oversized Image Attachments
    If a user attaches an image that has dimensions larger than allowed, the image will automatically resized to fit.

Mark Forums Read
    If you wish to mark a forum read, you can simply click its status icon on the index page and the change will be processed without a reload. You can even mark individual sub-forums as read in the same way.

Quote Tags Link to Quoted Post
    When quoting a post, the ID of the post is automatically included with the [quote] tag. When the quoted text is viewed in a thread, this small icon links back to the quoted post.

Private Message Preview in Notification Emails
    If you have elected to receive emails when receiving a new private message, the email will now contain more than just the name of the user who sent you the message. The title and body of the message will be included. The message will be converted to an equivalent in plain text.

‘Reason for Editing’ Available on Quick Edit
    You may now include a reason for editing without having to click through to the full editor.

And a bunch of under the hood stuff. You may notice that some operations that used to require the page to reload will now update immediately.

I have some more enhancements (plugins) to install I'll let you know in this thread what each one does.

Enjoy!

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    I like all the new additions even the Redirecting w/ the ..... moving in and out to let you know its working.

I don't like the boxes though I think it makes the page overly busy

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I noticed that whenever anybody has something to sell, Geoff always replies.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I noticed that whenever anybody has something to sell, Geoff always replies.
    Thats an existing automated function!

I have been looking for a "Green Giant" optimization application, but unfortunately the installation consists of a multi-million dollar canning facility. Not to mention the relentless need for raw materials, such as sticks, woods, and an unknown veggie known in some dialects as "wedges". There is some speculation that "wedges" are a bi-product of the French-fry industry, but the "Green Giant" app does not recognize the potato as a vegetable so errors are inevegitable at this point in the development of this new technology.

I am afraid this app is vaporware for now. Sorry folks.

You can now access an iTrader stats page from the main forum menu at the top.
    In the Itrader Drop down there is an "Options" selection where you can input an item you currently want to buy or sell. I'd recommend using that as well as posting your ad in the forum.

Enjoy!

3 Iron ktikat is on a distinguished road ktikat's Avatar
    pm box now tells you percentage of quota used...Thats a good one for me maybe I'll clean it out more often

You can now see iTrader stats on a users Profile page.

There is a link there to iTrader History where you can review the users full iTrader history.

Thread Information