100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    "Richard"

I won't be posting on this site anymore

Hey guys, it is with great sadness that I retire from golf posting. There aren't enough hours in a day for me to work, study, and sleep and post. Truthfully I just don't enjoy it as much as I once did. I'd like to thank everyone who I met up with for rounds for the great time and great company. I really enjoyed playing with you all and will continue you play with you as I have your numbers or know people who have your numbers. I would also like to thank dan for putting up with my bizarre sense of humor. One of the mail reasons I have decided to stop posting is I get emails from members who choose not to give their names or handles telling me that idiots like me don't belong on this site and that I don't contribute anything of value to the site. This may or may not be true but I thought it was a free country and as long as I posted my nonsense in the "anything else" section it was all good. I get Pms from members once in a while which I don’t mind because I know who they are, there is a face to the name so to speak but the cowards to email me and not give their info and just attack me is to much. This is one but not the only reason I have decided to leave.

Dan you have a great site and we’ll def meet up next year for a few rounds as I really enjoy playing with you and mike and mike (pare). Well folks, it has been fun. I have some deals pending which should close in the next 2 days so that’s all the time we have left, 48 hours. I can just imagine how much more productive I will be now. You guys all have my email addy (it’s down there in my sig) so feel free to email me for a round whenever you are in Toronto. I will try to make it out to next years forum day if I'm in Ottawa, I'm sure bg458 will keep me posted as to when it is.

Thanks again to everyone

Remeber me fondly ottawa golfers!!!

DAN, as they retired waynes 99, marios 66... please retire the name thotho and "richard" I know there won't be much demand for those nicks but its the thought that counts

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Oh Richard, you cannot be serious are you???? You can't leave us, you are such a huge part of this forum!! I can understand if you are too busy, but please don't let other people drive you away. If they are so serious in their lives that they cannot enjoy some laughter that is their problem. But I for one enjoy the humour you bring to this site, and am very much looking forward to meeting you!!! Please reconsider or atleast pop in and say hi from time to time!!!

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Reconsider. You have made me laugh.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Birdie Sensgirl is on a distinguished road Sensgirl's Avatar
    Oh no Richard you can't leave. You are one of the many people that keep this forum alive Don't let those stuck up people get to you. Obviously they don't know how to have fun. However if you do decide not to post, best of luck and stop in and say Hi from time to time

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    DAN, as they retired waynes 99, marios 66... please retire the name thotho and "richard" I know there won't be much demand for those nicks but its the thought that counts[/quote]

Richard you are way to young to be retiring, please don't give up bud!!!!

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    DONT MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE!
    Besides,you havent gotten to 4000 yet
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

"Richard"
    COV, that would be like having 499 goals and then lacing them up for one or two more games to get the goal, then retire... I'm not a stat stuffer (except when I stuffed my stats to get more posts)

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    You dist me. If you can think faster than typing, stay.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Man if anyone is emailing you about this board that is the saddest thing i've ever heard. You shouldn't leave because of that, leave because you have no time or you are losing interest in the discussions that go on here Richard. If you don't have enough time then only check it out every couple of days!! To leave the board would be weak sauce man, that would be letting the morons who are emailing you win.

In the Zone psniddy is on a distinguished road
    Even though I have never had any direct contact with you through this site but I hope you dont go. I have enjoyed your humor.I hope someone, maybe Geoff or Dan, can convince you to stay.

Oh where are Indio and Hacker when you need them!!!!!!

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Your posts , have made me both , shake my head , and laugh out loud , i didn't get a chance to meet you , but i wish you the best on your future . There's a quote from a line from a U2 song that goes through my head when someone annoys me , trys to upset me , I can't remember the song title but the lines goes "...and don't let the Ba***rds grind you down..." , Think of this line before you quit the forum!
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I'm right here

I've already sent "Richard" a private PM. He knows my feelings and I'll leave the words I spoke to him private.....what is preventing me from jumping into this thread is the circumstances surrounding "Richards" decision...I can't even begin to put into words how upset, annoyed, pissed off, shocked, amazed, (insert your favorite verb here) I am over this....if I was to get started it would be an ugly, ugly post

All I'll say is grow the up people, this is supposed to be a fun place to come and post and hang out. "Richard" does not have special status here as far as the rules go, he is not exempt from any forum rules, and neither is anyone else. Dan, and all the mods do a great job moderating this site, to the standards that Dan has set I might add. I'd love to know why some have decided to take matters into their own hands and attack "Richard" on their own in an annonymous and cowardly manner - who the hell do you think you are?? Why don't you go away - "Richard" will be missed - you won't!!!

That's my rant and I'll say no more on this

3 Wood mike k is on a distinguished road

Stay

Stay, thotho, stay!

'Nuf said.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Remove your email from your signature Depe. It only attracts flies.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

I hope the people who sent him emails read this and realize they are a minotrity or at least identify themsleves. Maybe it's them who should leave.

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Richard...dont make me do it?
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Quote Originally Posted by mcgoo
    You dist me. If you can think faster than typing, stay.

I'm trying to figure out what this post means?

"Richard"
    i don't see why I shoudl have to take my email address out of my sig, some people contact me that way, add me to msn and so on. But even when it wasn't there I was just getting people talking smack in threads, in pms, in emails sent through the website, atleast that way I knew who they were and they knew I knew who they were so they were a bit more tame. Anyway, COV. Its a time issue, its a "they are laughing at you not with you" and then its the nasty emails as well. What is the point

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    You have added a lot of humour to this site. I for one, hope you change your mind You still owe me a game that you cancelled on me I don't really understand anyone who would send hate mail. The threads are such that you can skip through the bantering ones if you don't feel like it, and apparantly cut out people directly so I don't think anyone has any right in determining who should be able to post and who not.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kerisb
    Oh where are Indio and Hacker when you need them!!!!!!
    I know what Depe is going through.... several of us 'idiots' have received emails and PM's and open forum redicule from the same jerks. I have said to Depe what I had to in a private email. I want to see him stay but I respect his decision whatever it may be. I know I will still be exchanging emails with him and playing golf with him next year

Do what your heart tells you to 'Dick' Just know that a lot more people here love ya and respect ya than not
    Last edited by Indio; 10-03-2006 at 10:42 PM.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Who are these people talkin smack to you guys!!! They should be ousted, they don't belong on a public forum if they are going to do things like that.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Who are these people talkin smack to you guys!!! They should be ousted, they don't belong on a public forum if they are going to do things like that.
    John,

It really doesn't matter who they are. They like us, are entitled to their opinions and 'free speech'. I do not wish to see any of them censored or 'ousted' It all boils down to tollerance of your fellow man. We should each be free to post whatever we want as long as it falls within the forum rules and guidelines and is of some value (even if the only value is to put a smile on someones face or to get Cov and Hack scratching their heads in bewilderment)

Now why did the chicken cross the street?
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

"Richard"
    Do you guys really think I can stay away from this site? I just havent had a long thread in a long time... no one has ever emailed me or PM'd other than the mods You will never get rid of me, thanks for the entertainment, good night MUUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Early april fools day!!!

You may get a few emails now.
    MUUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

"Richard"
    yeah.. from dan!!!

But seriously, thanks for all the kind words, I feel the same way about all you (except indio)... but still I can't stop laughing!!! That would be like geoff saying he is quiting golfing!!!

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Do you guys really think I can stay away from this site? I just havent had a long thread in a long time... no one has ever emailed me or PM'd other than the mods You will never get rid of me, thanks for the entertainment, good night MUUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Early april fools day!!!
    That's gold Jerry! GOLD I tell ya!!

Playing Winter Rules RBAKER is on a distinguished road RBAKER's Avatar
    Ha, ha..
    Membership- GlenCairn Golf Club

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    Now why did the chicken cross the street?
    The chicken didn't cross the street............it crossed the freaking ROAD!!!

Sheesh Indio, at least get the damn joke right

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Remember when that Geoff guy quit golf? That was okay, because he decided to stick around here regardless of whether or not he was playing. You're not even quitting golf, so you certainly can't get away with leaving.

That aside, I would like to point out the fact that of late (the last few months) there have been a lot more members "emerging from the woodwork" so to speak: people who either were not members before, or who were non-posting members. Granted, I have no statistics, but it certainly seems to me that there are a lot more new, posting members of late. These people are joining up, and if you read the introduction section, many of them say it is because they love the ridiculous banter that goes on here (and with good reason). It is nothing but a positive thing for the site and for all involved - it would be a shame to lose one of the main contributors to this great environment.

Thread Information