CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weather

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Weather

OK enough RAIN, we are going to need arks down here pretty soon! Every other day it rains, and it is raining again today. Courses are so soggy down here there is no roll at all in the fairways. Casual water every where on my home course.
    I am glad I did not fall fertilize otherwise I would be cutting the damn grass every other day. As it is I have to cut it every 3-4 days.
    RAIN RAIN GO AWAY
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Hey you changed your avatar..............he's kinda cute!!!

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    The weather was beautiful here yesterday, went out for a twilight round..........actually was coming in looking like I was going to break 100 with 2 holes left........and it got too dark could not finish the last two holes......boo hoo!!!

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kerisb
    The weather was beautiful here yesterday, went out for a twilight round..........actually was coming in looking like I was going to break 100 with 2 holes left........and it got too dark could not finish the last two holes......boo hoo!!!
    Unfortunate but better than finishing the 2 holes and shooting over a 100. You shot under 100 unlike myself yesterday. My 2nd drive sliced so hard into the pond I thought it was going to come back at me. Then my drop missed the green into the pond. Then I quit keeping score

Caddy jmr73 is on a distinguished road jmr73's Avatar
    Score the last two holes as you would have likely played them based on your handicap. Example: if you are a 10 handicap and say the last 2 holes were the 4 and 13 handicap holes, you would take a bogey and a par. This works if you have played over 13 holes and is official for handicapping purposes

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Hey you changed your avatar..............he's kinda cute!!!
    Much more cute than the real GB!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Sorry for jacking your thread Golfbum!!!

As for the weather here today it is thunderstorms and sucks, my animals are all hiding for the rest of the day because of the thunder!!!

As for the breaking 100, my hubby thinks I am crazy, but we were at a course that is close to us and I hate it, so my rational was that I want to break 100 at a better course!!! And as far as the handicap thing......wow my handicap is so high I actually don't even think it makes the chart. The game was awesome though (and if Wilster reads this) I only had 1 bad drive, it hit a tree flew completely across the fairway hit another tree, then landed in the fairway!!! I tried to finish the last 2 holes but it was so dark I could just barely see my ball on the ground, if I had counted the last hole I would have finished at 102, with a nine on the last hole, have you ever tried to hit a ball when you can't see the ground in relation to the ball......hence the 9 on the last hole!!!!

Jack away folks Hey Indio I bet you did not show that photo of me dressed up like a pimp to Bugsy did you? Cause if you did she would have it on her DESKTOP
    Rain has stopped, sun is out. Nice day here now. Well for a little while anyways. Anymore rain I am sending it up to Indio's place!

Pitching Wedge LHSteve is on a distinguished road LHSteve's Avatar
    I have started building the Ark and I am putting a driving range with net on it.

Seriously, every day for the last month I have had the chance to golf it has rained.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar

The bitter end is near.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LHSteve
    Seriously, every day for the last month I have had the chance to golf it has rained.
    One word: GoreTex.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark

The bitter end is near.
    I have the next 3 weekends off so....hopefully not too near!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent
    One word: GoreTex.
    PLUS, rubber boots with soft spikes for my course On Sunday we played the back 9 first. The 10th hole has a small hill from tee to fairway. As we walked up it in THE FOG, my feet were actually sinking into the turf. It was that wet from the rain the day before, and the day before, and the day before etc etc
    Drives can be lost, 2nd shots to par 5's can be lost as the ball will plug and you might not find it.
    On a par 5 I was 20 yards short of the green in 2, in the left rough. I had to come out towards the fairway almost 20 feet before I got out of the casual water.
    Sunday morning there was standing water in the low part of the 18th green

Every pond on my course it topped off now, there will be no shortage of water

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Yesterday was gorgeous and I only went to the driving range. Today silly me I went to Emerald links and it started to downpour on the second hole. We finished that and then did number 3 but it just wasn't letting up. My pants were soaked. Even with full rain gear your grips and clubs as such get really wet. No fun. Got full rain check. Even the diehards headed back.

Quote Originally Posted by little brit
    Yesterday was gorgeous and I only went to the driving range. Today silly me I went to Emerald links and it started to downpour on the second hole. We finished that and then did number 3 but it just wasn't letting up. My pants were soaked. Even with full rain gear your grips and clubs as such get really wet. No fun. Got full rain check. Even the diehards headed back.
    Wimp.

Wimp.
    Well maybe if I was with a diehard like you I would have continued.

Well maybe if I was with a diehard like you I would have continued.
    It's all about proper gear.

As someone with restricted golf priveledges, I'm out there rain or shine. That means a complete GoreTex wardrobe (hat, jacket, pants, and shoes) and rain gloves so the clubs don't slip. It has to be pretty bad for me to not play.

Lightning is a different story.

Edit: I'm the guy in the middle of this picture. This was taken during the 5 minutes it wasn't pouring that day. High of 10C.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Tomorrow it will rain all day here. 15 - 25 mm. (Thanks Golfbum for sending it our way).

I have all the rain gear, but tomorrow will be a work day. I doubt the courses will be playable, they are pretty saturated now. Oh well. Fall here is usually not this wet. This really bites.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Tomorrow it will rain all day here. 15 - 25 mm. (Thanks Golfbum for sending it our way).

I have all the rain gear, but tomorrow will be a work day. I doubt the courses will be playable, they are pretty saturated now. Oh well. Fall here is usually not this wet. This really bites.
    Well Dan I am tired of the Monsoon Season down here. So being the nice guy that I am (don't listen to anyone who says I am not a nice guy, they all LIE ) I thought I would send some rain your way. Just to make the grass good and healthy before it gets cold. That way in the spring you will have nice green lawns and courses!
    Rain gear is fine, but when the grips start getting wet inside the bag because the bag is saturated with water then it is not fun.
    I played a course at Mitchell yesterday and it was not that bad as far as wet fairways etc. Seems they have not had the rain that this area has had. Thank God it was not cold enough to snow or the banks would be at the eavestroughs

Little Brit, you should go to the washroom before you tee off, that way you won't soak your pants

Oh aren't we having fun today. I did say that's what if felt like when I went into the clubhouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    Little Brit, you should go to the washroom before you tee off, that way you won't soak your pants

Well you do look kitted out well As yet I don't own such things, but then again I can play anytime so I don't usually feel the need to play in such bad conditions. Although it is nice to go when the conditions aren't too good as the course is lovely and quiet and peaceful.
    It's all about proper gear.

As someone with restricted golf priveledges, I'm out there rain or shine. That means a complete GoreTex wardrobe (hat, jacket, pants, and shoes) and rain gloves so the clubs don't slip. It has to be pretty bad for me to not play.

Lightning is a different story.

Edit: I'm the guy in the middle of this picture. This was taken during the 5 minutes it wasn't pouring that day. High of 10C.

I Am Now Building An Ark

I am currently searching the internet for ARK PLANS Woke up this morning at 6AM to thunder and lightning. Rain was pounding down again. This radar capture below is what I saw out of Traverse City MI at 8:30AM Folks, this is not good golf weather. Those yellow areas in the radar capture mean HEAVY RAIN. I might also have to go buy some rubber boots You will notice the green area extends right up o Ottawa. But at least it is green, not YELLOW!

6 Iron Bull147 is on a distinguished road
    Played Saturday with my wife at Chateau Cartier, and saw a few splashes in the fairways after drives. Still raining today, so my trip to the Marshes with clients tomorrow should be marshy, to say the least.

Question for you; how is Fire Rock? I am playing in a tournament there on the 18th with my regular group of ringers (I'm a 23-handicap; they are 3, 6 & +1, respectively), and they were asking me what to expect.

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    Played the Canadian today "customer appreciation golf tourney", not something to miss if you get invited. Wet fairways but greens were rolling good. Looked pretty grim this morning, but actually turned out not bad, light rain for about 15 minutes otherwise it was ok. Of course cart path only. Likely playing the marshes tomorrow, they have very good drainage, likely (hopefully) not cart path only.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum View Post
    I am currently searching the internet for ARK PLANS Woke up this morning at 6AM to thunder and lightning. Rain was pounding down again. This radar capture below is what I saw out of Traverse City MI at 8:30AM Folks, this is not good golf weather. Those yellow areas in the radar capture mean HEAVY RAIN. I might also have to go buy some rubber boots You will notice the green area extends right up o Ottawa. But at least it is green, not YELLOW!
    Well it had better be a jolly big ark to fit a golf course on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull147 View Post
    Played Saturday with my wife at Chateau Cartier, and saw a few splashes in the fairways after drives. Still raining today, so my trip to the Marshes with clients tomorrow should be marshy, to say the least.

Question for you; how is Fire Rock? I am playing in a tournament there on the 18th with my regular group of ringers (I'm a 23-handicap; they are 3, 6 & +1, respectively), and they were asking me what to expect.
    I am no expert on Firerock, but I would tend to think it might not be that bad. Due to the fact it is built on an old gravel pit it should drain well.
    Have fun there, good luck in the Scramble

Quote Originally Posted by little brit View Post
    Well it had better be a jolly big ark to fit a golf course on.
    Actually we played 18 holes at an excutive length course, and got around in 2 1/2 hours for 3 of us. No rain at all, and the fairways were not mud like my home course would be. Some standing water here and there, but after the monsoon we had last night and this morning that was to be expected! We only had one ball plug in the fairways.
    One guy was 13 holes ahead of us, the next foursome was 7 holes behind! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
    NO ARK REQUIRED

Woooooo Hooooooooooo

Might have to play 36 holes today, not a chance of a drop of rain for a change of pace!

Thread Information