100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fastest round

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Fastest round

Played my fastest round this a.m. at the Canadian before the rain in a cart by myself no one on the course. 1hr. 41 min.To tell the truth i did not enjoy it because i was to busy racing along to beat the rain.Oh well theres always tomorow and the next day and the next day............

"Richard"
    golf is like a fine wine, don't gulp it man.. take your time. Look at it, smell it, whirl it around, make love to it...

I hate rounds that are played under 4 hours

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Richard you truly are a special human being.

"Richard"
    Thanks... JORD!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Richard--have you ever thought of writing a book?
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

"Richard"
    now what on earth would I write a book about ?

Woah woah now dude, that's classified information right there.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    2:15 walking, playing as a single though. First group out at my course. And that was taking my time.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hybrid Timothy.Reeve is on a distinguished road

It's the choice!

I agree that generally a round of golf is a time to savour. However, there are always other considerations. If I don't have time for a full round, it's great to zip around 9 in a speedy run. When there is no pressure, 18 at a relaxed pace is more enjoyable though.

There was an article on speed golf recently which mentioned that it can also helo you play better, as you do not take so much time to analyse shots over and over. Instead, you step up, make your best estimate and hit. Since we all know that the mental part is the most difficult, it can be a lot simpler if you don't take so long!
    Cheers,
    Tim

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    make love to it...
    Good Lord

6 Iron hhk is on a distinguished road
    Just for the heck of it, I tried to play as fast as I could at Manderly one day. Playing as a single, I finished in 1 hour, 10 minutes. I was walking, well, running.

At Crowbush, I was by myself, early morning and I finished, taking my time, in 2 hours. I walked into the clubhouse after my round, started shopping and the pro politely suggested I go play my back 9. He didn't believe that I had finished 18. Again, walking. Sometimes running from the mosquitos.

I play way better when I play fast. If I have to wait to hit on every shot, I'll blow up 10-15 strokes over my handicap.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hhk
    Just for the heck of it, I tried to play as fast as I could at Manderly one day. Playing as a single, I finished in 1 hour, 10 minutes. I was walking, well, running.

At Crowbush, I was by myself, early morning and I finished, taking my time, in 2 hours. I walked into the clubhouse after my round, started shopping and the pro politely suggested I go play my back 9. He didn't believe that I had finished 18. Again, walking. Sometimes running from the mosquitos.

I play way better when I play fast. If I have to wait to hit on every shot, I'll blow up 10-15 strokes over my handicap.
    2 hours around Crowbush is impressive I think I've spent 2 hours just trying to get out of a few of those bunkers

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    [quote="Richard"]take your time. Look at it, smell it, whirl it around, make love to it...

Is he talking about the couse or the ball? LOL

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    I played Pineview in 2 hours 10 mins by myself walking, had to wait a few times to play through and waited behind 2 foursomes the last 2 holes. Did the first nine in 50 mins.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    golf is like a fine wine, don't gulp it man.. take your time. Look at it, smell it, whirl it around, make love to it...

I hate rounds that are played under 4 hours

Wow...words of wisdom I can agree with. Although, when enjoying a fine wine, what you should really do is put it down and grab a pint of good beer.

3 Wood smithers40 is on a distinguished road

fast rounds

me and my friend went out at the canadian after a tournament(aka everyday) and we played one day in 1:45....and that wasn't rushing...

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    MY GOD do not encourage the man Big Mac

My quickest round? Can't recall but normally 3-4 of us play in under 4 hours, or right on that time when we get our early on the weekends. I am not interested in running between shots! A nice steady walking pace is fine for me.
    I know I have played 9 holes in 45 minutes, so if you double that then 18 in 1 1/2 hours.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hybrid clankoffdatee is on a distinguished road

Wow

1:10?1:45?
    Wow you guys are quick!
    I play alot of rounds before work and oftentimes alone(no lost bets) and 21/2 is about the best I can do. Do you speeders putt out?

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    A couple of weeks ago on a cold sunday afternoon while my son was at a birthday party at the nearby laser quest, I played Pineview for the first time ever (hey, it was close by, and not nearly as horrible as some have told me)... walking, played in 1.55 - started to snow on number 11...

That was my fastest walking round ever.... but my fastest round(s) ever were in Las Vegas (at the Paiute) in 113 degree heat (a dry heat though), in a cart, played 18 in 1h 20 minutes... marshall sent me out with four litres of water in the cart, told me I'd be the only one out there so he'd come check on me from time to time... told me i could take the cart up as close to the greens as I'd like, which expedited play to say the least... ended up playing 36 in 2h 50 minutes, with a bit of a break at the 'turn'.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

You played 18 walking in 1:45 and you weren't rushing? Wow.

3 Wood smithers40 is on a distinguished road
    Oh sorry forgot to mention in a cart! my bad! but yeah 2 in a cart in like 1:45...well it helps we both shot like 71-73 or somethin...so not tooooo many shots!

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Fastest I ever played a round walking was 1 hour 55 minutes, played a second round and that one took 2 hours and 5 minutes but I ran into some foursomes that didn't let me play thru right away. One of these days I'm going to see how fast I can play a round going as fast as I can without running.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Try the "Longest day of golf" June 21 (solstace) They fill the selected course with a limited # players in carts for a shotgun start at dawn. You play for speed, not score. The goal is to get as many holes in as possible, not stopping until it's too dark to play. It's a charity event you get sponsors to chip in an amount per hole you play.

That's gotta be hard on the body.

Back on topic: 2 hrs 15 min walkng as a single. I thought that was really good at the time

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    There is a book presented by Jerry Seinfeld called "Letters from a nut". In the book is a collection of letters this person, "Ted L. Nancy" has written during his lifertime to different places with different dumb requests, such as one he wrote to a hoel asking if he could bring his own matress to the hotel because he was more comfortable sleeping on it. The book contains his letters and their responses. It is funny.

I think Richard should have a similar book, only about his posts on various web sites. That ought to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Hey guys--we could do that here. All we have to do is reprint all of Richards posts and replies from this forum--have them printed in book form from Staples and we could sell them on EBay! Naw--he would probably want too much in royalties.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Try the "Longest day of golf" June 21 (solstace) They fill the selected course with a limited # players in carts for a shotgun start at dawn. You play for speed, not score. The goal is to get as many holes in as possible, not stopping until it's too dark to play. It's a charity event you get sponsors to chip in an amount per hole you play.

That's gotta be hard on the body.

Back on topic: 2 hrs 15 min walkng as a single. I thought that was really good at the time
    ......We used to play all day on the longest day, we started at sunrise and just played until we could play no more. I remember getting in 102 holes one year, all were walked, some were played under lights.

7 Iron jayda is on a distinguished road jayda's Avatar

same here -lately have played lots of fall golf as a single, always walking, 2h15 to 2h30, no rush! when play with a partner, will tkae up to 3h...

Hybrid clankoffdatee is on a distinguished road
    Played today as a single. No one on the course.Walking. 2hr35. Putted everything out.Can't do better than that.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I remember getting in 102 holes one year, all were walked
    You WALKED 102 HOLES?!?!
    Holy jeepers Ironman! 5.6 rounds. On a 6000 yard course that's 31 km, without accounting for any distance between holes! That's a marathon without hitting balls!

You WALKED 102 HOLES?!?!
    Holy jeepers Ironman! 5.6 rounds. On a 6000 yard course that's 31 km, without accounting for any distance between holes! That's a marathon without hitting balls!
    .....Not anything like that, only 54 holes were played on a 6608 yard Champion Lakes golf course which was very busy that day so each round took about 4 hours and 20 minutes. I then drove to a 18 hole pitch and putt course and played another 48 holes till they closed up shop. I was one tired puppy at the end of that day but I did shoot even par on the first round at Champion Lakes, It's a tough track and I think Rocco Mediate has the course record,so it must be a decent course for a pro to even consider playing it.

Thread Information