100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Mike999

*tear* season over.

I work at Zolas Restaurant in Bells Corners, and today at work, I was changing the pasta machine extruder head, which is about 20 pounds of solid iron, and dropped it onto my foot, breaking my big toe and crushing the toe beside it. Both nails are disgustingly green and black already.

Anyways, I did this at about 4:00 this afternoon, and had to stay at work until 7:30 because nobody could cover me. Luckily the head chef let me have be first-off and not have to close. (4 ppl work during dinner rush, but only 3 close the restaurant afterwards). It was safe to say that it was by far the most painful 3 hours I have ever experienced, and that says something because I have broken both wrists, tailbone, thumb(s) x 3, ankle, and tore my ACL and MCL before.

I can't walk at all, and I was supposed to go golfin on Friday, but its a pretty safe bet that wont happen anymore.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Sorry to hear about your accident, and OUCH! Can't imagine how much that has to hurt. Hope it heals asap and all will be good for the beginning of next season.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Mike999
    I figure even if it doesnt heal properly at all, by spring time it wont hurt at all. I cant really do anything in the winter now that involves strapping something to my feet (skating/hockey/skiing/snowblading/snowshoeing even), because since I tore my ACL and MCL, it still hurts after about 15 - 20 minutes because of the sideways pressure on my leg....so im pretty much a potato until spring

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    OUCH!! I'm cringing in pain just reading this - sorry for your misfortune Mike - Heal well

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    You should take Zolas to court. They cannot make you stay at work if you hurt yourself. I hope you made sure to tell the hospital ER folks you did this at work and filled out all the Compensation papers.

Hybrid Timothy.Reeve is on a distinguished road

Good luck Mike

I too am sorry to hear about this. Since is a workplace accident, Garth is correct that you need to make sure the appropriate paperwork is done. A lot will depend on the particular circumstances, but there should be some form of compensation. And make sure you look into the proper rehabilitation. It would be a shame to let it hurt your future, although it sounds like you've been down this path before.

Who knows? Maybe your new foot position will clear up that niggling issue with your swing!
    Cheers,
    Tim

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Sorry to hear. I know how you feel as I broke my collar bone in the middle of last summer. It makes me appreciate my current ability to golf except I have a wierd follow-thru due to the injury.
    You'll be back on the links in no time.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Definitely look into that, it's completely ridiculous and illegal of them to make you stay at work after injuring yourself. You could probably even sue them.

Thread Information