100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar

Need Directions Help!!

Does anyone in here know the quickest way for me to get from Perth Ontario to Mountain Creek Golf Couse in Arnprior?

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Stealing the directions from a friend,

from Perth, ON, the easy route would be to take Hwy 7 to Hwy 17 West, then take the hwy all the way to White Lake Rd (you can see the Antrim Truck Stop/Ultramar Gas station on your left when you are at the lights), turn left onto White Lake Rd. About 5-6 km down the road you'll be turning left (onto Mountain Rd I believe). There is a green and yellow sign on a small hill on your left, turn there, course parking lot is just up on your right. If you go too far you will see the course on your left once you pass the small sign, just turn around and you are there.

This is not like the shortest route, but I prefer to stay on the highways.

Google Maps gives you cross-country directions, using Tatlock Rd and County Road 29, but there are a lot of turns, and, personally, I'd rather not get lost on the way to a golf course.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Yup, sharkshooter's directions are good. But I found out its Mountian View Rd, not Mountain Rd. I was half right.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    What about left at Carleton Place and run straight thru to Arnprior? Cant remember the HWY # ? It would save the milage back to 417.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Pitching Wedge ShagBag is on a distinguished road ShagBag's Avatar
    I'm with Big Mac. Take the TownLine exit at Carleton Place (old Hwy 29, I think it is the first exit into cp) follow that road past Almonte, thru Pakenham, and the hwy will take you to the 417 just before Arnprior. Get on hwy (4)17, and go to the White lake road exit (left). There are lights at the exit, and just follow the signs. If you go all the way down 7 til you reach 417, you have added approximately an extra half hour. Don't worry if you miss the town line exit into CP. you can always take the McNeely exit at the Tim Hortons, and that will take you to country road 29 to Arnprior as well.

5 Iron mysticalwarrior is on a distinguished road mysticalwarrior's Avatar
    FOllow the turn at hwyw29 to arnprior and almont then turn onto 417 to white lake road the second set of light turn left to the golf course.
    The turn for arnprior almont in carleton place is at the tim hortons.

Lob Wedge runner is on a distinguished road
    Best way is to Carleton Place, then 29 to Pakenham. In Pakenham, turn left towards White Lake (there is a gas station on the corner) Go 10 KM, you will see as yellow house on the right and a sign to M Creek. Turn right in the 8th concession road, there is a sign on the post on the opposite side of the road. Follow this road through, about 2 km to M Creek. You avoid going all the way to Arnprior and then back about 7 km to M Creek. It will take 35-40 minutes from C Place.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Runner--we are trying to get her there before dark--She may get lost and end up in Calabogie --I may be wrong
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Gap Wedge KJP is on a distinguished road KJP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kerisb
    Does anyone in here know the quickest way for me to get from Perth Ontario to Mountain Creek Golf Couse in Arnprior?

Try "Beam me up Scotty" Much faster than going through CP.

On the other hand, now that you have moved "up" from Kemptville to Perth, why would you want to go to Arnprior?
    Last edited by KJP; 09-26-2006 at 09:50 PM.

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Wow, these are a lot of different directions, actually I got directions from mapquest and we ended up at a dead end in a subdivision in Arnprior, but still made it to the course an hour and a half early, thanks to the rocket I drive!!! LOL. The Marshall understood though and got us off by 10:30. We did end up taking a lot of back road, but that is ok don't mind, and we did end up back tracking somewhat but hey had a lot of laughs doing it!!!
    KJP......thanks but did not move "up" to Perth from Kemptville, but I work in Perth so a lot of the guys I golf with are up that way, unfortunatly this one doesn't have a vehicle so I do all the driving!! But I am looking at moving towards Perth someday hopefully, it is a wonderful place!!!

Thanks for all the replies and help guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kerisb
    Thanks for all the replies and help guys!!!
    So, how was the game?

We actually played 18 at MC, then 18 at Arnprior. My scores suck but the game and day were awesome, lots of fun and laughs!!!!!

That's what is important. Keep it up!

Thread Information