100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

If you played today, you played in a BIG WIND!

So for those who played today, 35 - 50 km winds were seen!

It was absolutely unreal! We played in a scramble at my home course. What a blast that was.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Played Loch March today and it was absolutely insane out there. Had to hit the driver about six feet off the ground to get any distance into that wind. Needless to say i the bed!!!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Played Atlantide in Montreal today. Wind wasn't too bad early on, but then it got stupid.

I hit driver into a par 3 (220 yards). A couple holes later I hit 7i at a par 3 (200 yards). Both came up just short (front fringe).

Easily a four club wind on short irons, even worse with the longer clubs.

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Played Riverbend today in the insane wind and was one of my best rounds
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Isn't it funny how adverse conditions can make you pay attention sometimes.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Wasnt that "Richards" ball at 24 14 @ approx 50 KPH--see Dans Graph Forget the 290 yd drive--it will be 350 plus!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    played Le Sorcier with the NCGT folks today. There was some big winds there, especially atop some of the par 3's. There were definitely some 4 club winds today!

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Played UC today and it was an adventure.. We were dead into the wind on the range, and I was ripping 7 irons that were going about 120.. Some coming backwards..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    It was ridiculous / hilarious. I hit the shortest well struck drive of my life and the longest 5 wood. I just putted through most of the debris or waited a second for a whole new scenario to set itself up. Stand bags and carts getting blown over but also ridiculous carries lol. Had a great time but am glad its nowhere near like that most of the time!

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Yup some wicked wind today. Hit 3 wood on 11 at Vieux Moulins (par 3 190 downhill). Managed to get pin high... My threesome hit Driver, 3 wood, 3 wood on 11. Good fun. We finished 4 over on 2 balls for the day and were pretty happy with that! (we won the team game today)

Garth

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Played a round last year at Cloverdale is similar conditions. Not a single one of us got home in two on any par 4 over 350 if we were hitting into the wind. Just insanely windy. On the third hole, par 3 about 160 something, our foursome hit driver, driver, 3 wd and 5 wd. Couldn't believe it.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    Played a round last year at Cloverdale is similar conditions. Not a single one of us got home in two on any par 4 over 350 if we were hitting into the wind. Just insanely windy. On the third hole, par 3 about 160 something, our foursome hit driver, driver, 3 wd and 5 wd. Couldn't believe it.
    Won't you miss those good old days?

I played in the Two Man Best Ball today at my course. 2-3 club winds at times. My partner and I shot even par and were happy to be there!
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Played Glenmar. Wowzers. The wind was crazy. Took a 3W oout on Par3 #10 and was short by25 yards!!!
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I played Le Sorcier yesterday in that wind. It was howling. I loved hitting those knockdown shots into, around and through the wind. It reminded me of playing in the Maritimes. It was great fun, albeit a real challenge on a course I'd never played before.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Pakenham yesterday.... on one downwind par five I hit driver, pw. On a couple of 350 yard par fours I hit driver, 4w, 8 iron. Putting was nuts too... I had an uphill into the wind putt for par of about 12 feet, nearly got it to the hole, but it rolled back to my feet.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

3 Wood Maverick is on a distinguished road
    Played paintball yesterday, impossible to aim at anyone beyond 15 feets without shooting 5-10

5 Iron mysticalwarrior is on a distinguished road mysticalwarrior's Avatar
    /PLayed madawaska yesterday lost 6 bals first 6 holes in the leaves on the fairway but had a hoot I wasnt the only one tried playing the wind shots and it worked put it up and let the wind bend it like bekham

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticalwarrior
    ... put it up and let the wind bend it like bekham
    I had to do that shooting hoops with my son yesterday. I don't think I had ever before seen a basketball blown off-line by the wind.

"Richard"
    funniest thing happened at MC with me, geoff and BG458

Bg458 goes can I hit driver, will it make it to the creek? Geoff goes "well the wind is at your back so... probably not!" hahahahahaha

it was easily the highlight of the round

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    funniest thing happened at MC with me, geoff and BG458

Bg458 goes can I hit driver, will it make it to the creek? Geoff goes "well the wind is at your back so... probably not!" hahahahahaha

it was easily the highlight of the round
    It didn't exactly come out the way I had planned. What I should've said was that the wind wasn't strong enough to help the ball to the creek. I felt so bad after that came out. But the guys couldn't stop laughing.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

"Richard"
    yeah then my buddy arun goes... "the wind is at our back, you have an illegal driver head, 50" shaft, mircowaved golf balls... No, don't worry you can't make it that far"

it was hilarious!

Poor short hitter Bobby, but on the bright side, he was pretty much laser straight that day.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    I had a 4-footer for par on the 1st hole at Le Sorcier yesterday that got blown uphill and missed on the high side.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    I had a 4-footer for par on the 1st hole at Le Sorcier yesterday that got blown uphill and missed on the high side.
    Ouch! Glad I was safe and sound at home watching the Ryder Cup. Sounded like a brutal day out there.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    It was nasty. I shot 96 and was the best in my group by about five shots. My handicap is 9.8, and I haven't had a round over 86 this summer. I've have considered 96 on any other day is atrocious, but on Sunday, I had to chalk it up to the insane wind. Hit some fun shots though... choked up, teed low stinger drives, wedges from 165. Good times.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

2 Iron up&down is on a distinguished road
    I played good on sunday..birdied the last at mississippi to shoot my handicap!

I struck the ball consistently and had 24 putts (season low)

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    You should have seen the greens at HP. There were all sorts of crap, leaves, branches, nuts, name it, it was there. I had trouble finding my ball on the green at the 14th. It was insane. I would have needed a leaf blower to make myself a path to the hole. But then the wind would blow new debris in my line.

I hit a choked, punched 9i 110y with a 40y slice on the 6th dome hole on top of the hill. If you have never played there; you are dead if you miss the green left, long or right. I had to aim 40y left of the green in no mans land.

Enjoyable round with friends.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    Did anybody play today? Was probably worst then it was on September 24.....just unreal...

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    I played this morning. Teed off around 8:45. Wind was hard out of the west. 30 km/h with gusts to 50 km/h. Now on my course that spells a lot of trouble Wide open course. Par 3 4th hole, 140 into the wind. FIVE IRON, BIG FIVE IRON. 490 yard par 5 12th hole, 3 wood, 3 wood, 4 iron, 9 iron pin high, one putt par One Par 3, 110 yards, was a half swing 56* wedge, downwind.
    Oh yeah it was windy, and when we teed off it was 4C. We have had 12 inches of rain from Sept.17 to the middle of last week. Plus more rain yesterday. The standing water had ice on it this morning
    BEAUTY DAY TO PLAY GOLF Shot +10 and was damn happy with that score too!
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Me and the wife(she loves that i call her like that)
    went up to Upper Canada for the closing of the course.Mix of snow, rain ice pellets, wind , am i missing anything,brutal conditions,still managed to play a good round.Felt pretty good after and planning on going out this a.m.No rain today, nice and sunny,perfect golfing weather if you are Canadian.

Thread Information