100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    Oh Hacker, you gave me a good one to play with but I won't this time since I don't know anything about your family and would hate to do like my signature says!
    We'll see if we can't change that by the time Saturday evening rolls around

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker
    We'll see if we can't change that by the time Saturday evening rolls around
    LOL something tells me we might be banned from ever going back ot le Sourcier
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

hehehe

OK, back on topic - Geoff sucks

Nite now

hehehe OK topic sucks now
    ok goodnight!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    hehehe

OK, back on topic - Geoff sucks

Nite now
    Thanks for straightening out the thread buddy.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I am not giving my password to "MY" wife
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    Thanks for straightening out the thread buddy.
    I'm there for ya Geoff

I'm there for ya Geoff
    That's the problem, I know you are.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

1 over after 4 holes today, finish with a 91, enough said.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    1 over after 4 holes today, finish with a 91, enough said.
    Congrats! You broke 100! You are still in the top 10% of all golfers on the planet!

Glass half full, my friend. Glass half full.

Keep your chin up!
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    Congrats! You broke 100! You are still in the top 10% of all golfers on the planet!

Glass half full, my friend. Glass half full.

Keep your chin up!
    I think I broke the glass today. First time in two seasons I've been over 90 there. Very disheartening to say the least. First four holes were awesome. Hitting the ball beautifully, chipping well, putting good. Then hit one fat shot on 5 and it was all down hill from there.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Stop punishing yourself man, this game is supposed to be fun and at the moment your not having any. Put those clubs away or sell em and come back next year with a fresh perspective on the game, don't further your disgust with this beautiful game right now it's now worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Stop punishing yourself man, this game is supposed to be fun and at the moment your not having any. Put those clubs away or sell em and come back next year with a fresh perspective on the game, don't further your disgust with this beautiful game right now it's now worth it.
    I hear ya buddy, I hear ya. My only concern is that when I walk away I won't come back. Its already happened to me with hockey. Before I couldn't get enough of playing hockey. 3-5 times a week. Now I look for excuses to not go to play my hockey matches. Starting to get that same feeling with golf. I guess I'll just have to see how I feel once spring comes around.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Exactly man and if it's time to move onto another sport/hobby for a bit then so be it, as long as you come back with a fresh perspective and aren't expecting too much out of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Exactly man and if it's time to move onto another sport/hobby for a bit then so be it, as long as you come back with a fresh perspective and aren't expecting too much out of yourself.
    Isn't Beer Drinking under consideration for the 2010 Olympics??

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Isn't Beer Drinking under consideration for the 2010 Olympics??
    It's in the winter Olympics.

They call it curling.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkshooter
    It's in the winter Olympics.

They call it curling.
    Hey now!! I've won 3 Provincial Men's Curling Championships *hic* seriously *hic*

Geoffory--Geoffory--Geoffroy--You are being too damm hard on yourself--you have a talent or you would not be your present handicap....My God man--you work full time--you golf full time and you think full time. You said you could get by with 5 or 6 hours of sleep----well my friend (and I mean friend in a good way) you have just proven that you cant do all things at the same time and do them well!!! This may sound like I am giving you but I am not. I have been there--I have done it--It took a heart attack to realize that most of us mortals cant do EVERYTHING well---please stop beating yourself up. All of us would rather have a good day with you on the course than seeing you go through something that nobody wishes for--Believe me my friend I for one will never go back there.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    ONE FAT SHOT
    Then the game went downhill from there. Sooooooooooooo what you are telling me Geoff is your biggest problem is not L.O.F.T., is it? NO, your biggest problem is sitting right between your EARS. YOUR BRAIN. You are crusing along thru 4 holes hitting the ball solid, making pars. THEN BAM, one bad shot and you start thinking "OK I suck, I cant play this game anymore" Then BAM, you hit another BAD SHOT, and ANOTHER BAD SHOT.
    Well of course that is going to happen, because you put NEGATIVE THOUGHTS into your HEAD after the FIRST BAD FAT SHOT.

Son, you need to learn how to forget bad shots. My god if I let my bad shots bother me this summer I would have quit playing shortly after I started playing when I came back from the surgery in June.
    WIPE YOUR BRAIN CLEAN AFTER A BAD SHOT. Then you will play golf like you are capable of playing golf. You are taking this game way to seriously now. Have some laughs out there, you are not a pro, and I hate to be the first one to break this too you buddy, you will never be a PRO.
    Just go out and have fun. Stop beating yourself up.
    TRUST ME IT WORKS
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    ...WIPE YOUR BRAIN CLEAN AFTER A BAD SHOT. ...
    TRUST ME IT WORKS
    My wife just tells me it's time for a drink. That often helps. Just something to take the edge off.

Quote Originally Posted by big mac
    ....My God man--you work full time--you golf full time and you think full time. You said you could get by with 5 or 6 hours of sleep----well my friend (and I mean friend in a good way) you have just proven that you cant do all things at the same time and do them well!!!
    Ya but he also sucks at thinking and work so at least he is consistent!

Shagging Balls DavidY is on a distinguished road DavidY's Avatar
    Geoff,

Do you drink while golfing? I usually play better golf after I have a couple.....it's because that I am probably more relaxed after having a few "drinks".

Or you might want to try playing with less clubs. Yesterday, I played a par 3-type course with only two clubs (a 7i and a putter and no glove)...my best score ever there...shot a 84....usually shoot in the 90's for a par 54 course. If I had putted a bit better or had a couple of better chips, I would have shot in the high 70's. On the 8th hole, I had a bit of fun with my foursome by trying to tee off with my putter....missed on my first swing, the second swing went like 30-40 yards...too funny and quick (finished 18 holes in just over 2 hours).

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY
    Geoff,

Do you drink while golfing? I usually play better golf after I have a couple.....it's because that I am probably more relaxed after having a few "drinks".

Or you might want to try playing with less clubs. Yesterday, I played a par 3-type course with only two clubs (a 7i and a putter and no glove)...my best score ever there...shot a 84....usually shoot in the 90's for a par 54 course. If I had putted a bit better or had a couple of better chips, I would have shot in the high 70's. On the 8th hole, I had a bit of fun with my foursome by trying to tee off with my putter....missed on my first swing, the second swing went like 30-40 yards...too funny and quick (finished 18 holes in just over 2 hours).

Dave
    I wish, I usually play too early in the morning to have a "few" while playing. But trust me, on some days it seems like I've been driven to drink.

1 Iron Tanglegrip is on a distinguished road Tanglegrip's Avatar
    Geoff, was the 91 at MC yesterday?

Played there today and let's see...standing water all over the course, even in dry spots the fairway was soft which affects your stance/swing, no roll to speak of, actually a couple of plugged shots in the fairway, greens while good are still a little bumpy from being aerated two weeks ago, it's colder so more clothes and you can't swing as free as normal, ball comes up short on the greens because they're so soft. What did I forget, it's been a long season (for me 48 rounds this year versus 25 last year), probably nowhere near what you play in a season. Oh yeah, fairly new clubs that I'm still trying to figure out, it will probably take half a season to hit them as well as my old clubs. And the season is coming to an end which is always depressing.

Shot 90 which is the 3rd worst round I've had there in 20 rounds this year. Sure I should have been an 85 or 86, I admit to blowing a few chips and my putting was not very good either but it's pretty normal to shoot higher scores once summer is over. Don't beat yourself up over it. Heck, I could have been in the office working instead!

Like other posters have said, you've got talent. Relax, give up golf for the next 6 - 7 months if you want and then give it a try again. Courses should just be drying out about that time! Enjoy the winter off and hope to get a round with you at MC next year.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    ONE FAT SHOT
    Then the game went downhill from there. Sooooooooooooo what you are telling me Geoff is your biggest problem is not L.O.F.T., is it? NO, your biggest problem is sitting right between your EARS. YOUR BRAIN. You are crusing along thru 4 holes hitting the ball solid, making pars. THEN BAM, one bad shot and you start thinking "OK I suck, I cant play this game anymore" Then BAM, you hit another BAD SHOT, and ANOTHER BAD SHOT.
    Well of course that is going to happen, because you put NEGATIVE THOUGHTS into your HEAD after the FIRST BAD FAT SHOT.

Son, you need to learn how to forget bad shots. My god if I let my bad shots bother me this summer I would have quit playing shortly after I started playing when I came back from the surgery in June.
    WIPE YOUR BRAIN CLEAN AFTER A BAD SHOT. Then you will play golf like you are capable of playing golf. You are taking this game way to seriously now. Have some laughs out there, you are not a pro, and I hate to be the first one to break this too you buddy, you will never be a PRO.
    Just go out and have fun. Stop beating yourself up.
    TRUST ME IT WORKS
    You'll be biting your tongue when Geoff does go pro in the next decade or Senior tour... That is if he learns not to let 1 fat shot ruin his game and if he refuses to quit and if maybe just maybe instead of having all these one night stands w/ the clubs he finally gets into a monogymous relationship!

Well I still suck, but am not quitting. But will be prematurely ending my season though. Can't seem to get out even once a week anymore, and with the game already going downhill, just better to pack it in and wait for spring. Get practicing to sharpen the game for that big match with TGN.

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Oh Geoff, you will probably be one of the last people in this forum to pack up the clubs this year!!! You will get the itch, and people will keep inviting, and you know you will keep going......I have never met you personnally but from what I have read in here you have talent and willpower and I have faith that you will not let either go to waste!!!

Tell you what Kerisb--you and I will call Geoff on the very last day that we can possibly play and even pay for his round.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Well I still suck, but am not quitting. But will be prematurely ending my season though.
    So what you're saying is that you are suffering from..........

wait for it.......

Wait for it...........

Premature Clubpackulation!!

Quote Originally Posted by kerisb View Post
    Oh Geoff, you will probably be one of the last people in this forum to pack up the clubs this year!!! You will get the itch, and people will keep inviting, and you know you will keep going......I have never met you personnally but from what I have read in here you have talent and willpower and I have faith that you will not let either go to waste!!!
    What do you mean you never met him??? He was the 6 foot 6 telephone pole at the fun golf day! He was sitting at the table beside you!

Thread Information