100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Handicap - Historical

Posed the following to Dan K. and his reply follows:

Dan, I am in the process of putting together data for my last 2+ years of golf. I have 9.5 (18 holes) rounds for 2004 and 28 for 2005.

Is there any advantage to me to input the old data into the RM handicap form? I tried with a 2004 entry and the only thing I got for it was an extra round shown in historical. It did not show up on the list of rounds.

How do golfers using this service track from one year to the next? Is there a way to go back and check or do you just print off the final sheet and start anew in the new year?

My purpose for doing this is to see how much I may have improved, and what areas need improvement. If this system does not provide historical then I can do it myself manually but I'd just as soon do it through your system if there is a way.

Kiwi,
    Nat Williams wrote the software.

Short answer is only the last 20 rounds in your history affect your handicap. We are looking at options for historical reports so suggestions would be great!

Over to you guys for comments/thoughts.

One other question, Dan, or anyone else. Does your Handicap Factor carry over from one year to the next or do you have to "build" a new one each year?

K.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post

One other question, Dan, or anyone else. Does your Handicap Factor carry over from one year to the next or do you have to "build" a new one each year?

K.
    It carries over from year to year.

Which of course really sucks because at the start of the year you generally aren't playing your best so the handicap generally goes up at the start of the season.

Here's my report card from last year from the GAO public player program:
    http://www.starplan.com/member/LookU...LNumber=416665

It gives you a pretty good indication of how you did over the year but they only give it to you at year end. It would be nice to see a real time one for the current year, but that page only gives you your current factor.

A good feature would be to add a "Current factor" column to the "All scores" page which would let you track your factor in real time.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    It carries over from year to year.

Which of course really sucks because at the start of the year you generally aren't playing your best so the handicap generally goes up at the start of the season.

Here's my report card from last year from the GAO public player program:
    http://www.starplan.com/member/LookU...LNumber=416665

It gives you a pretty good indication of how you did over the year but they only give it to you at year end. It would be nice to see a real time one for the current year, but that page only gives you your current factor.

A good feature would be to add a "Current factor" column to the "All scores" page which would let you track your factor in real time.
    As jvincent said, it does carry over year to year, but each provincial governing body has an active and inactive handicap season. Any scores from rounds played in any area's inactive season are not valid for handicapping purposes. However, if you go to Florida and play over the winter, because the round was played in a zone during their active season, you can enter those scores in your local system at the beginning of your next active season.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thread Information