CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

I suck and I quit.

I know I said I wouldn't take about my game anymore, but after the most embarrassing round of golf of my life I just have to vent. I do have one more club event next Saturday, sorry Indio I can't make the forum day, I guess you can call me a gluton for punishment I will be hanging up the clubs for the rest of this season until who knows when. I have absolutely no desire to play this game anymore. I have a few outstanding deals with some forum members, don't worry, I will honour them and follow through. But after that, the clubs will be staying in the basement until I have the urge to actually get out on a course golf again. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. To be 100% honest, right now, I couldn't care less if I ever pick up a club again (barring my club event next Saturday, I always wanted to represent my team and hoping for a little redemption after today, but I doubt it will come). Just no fun to play anymore, and why get yourself stressed out and upset about a stupid game right??????? I won't be relinquishing my moderator duties here, its just too much fun to chat with you wonderful folks. But don't expect to see me on the course with any of you guys again. I can think of many better ways to spend my free time. Take care.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    Oh,oh I predict he will turn to the drink for solace and to replace the club-ho addiction?

Come play with me, it will make you feel good again.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Hey Geoff--I meant what I said about playing with you--it was a real treat---but I hope you dont mean this is it!!!! You are right there are a lot things that are more fun doing when some things are not working out--------------so do them for awhile. I cant believe you would give up so easily; You have said it yourself "its not an easy game" and we all know it. A lot of us would love to be a 7 handicap but will probably never make it----but we sure enjoy watching someone who is.

Put the clubs away for this year--take the pressure off yourself and stop beating yourself up (I probably sound like your Dad) If everyone who has played with you enjoyed your company as much as I did--we will all wait for next spring; and I am sure things will be back to normal--Thanks for the games Brian
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    "....always look on the bright side of life..deh deh,deh deh, deh deh,deh deh "
    Your golf game ain't that bad dude , i wish mine was that bad !
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    If its bothering you that much, then you have probably made the right decision to maintain your sanity bud Look forward to playing with you next spring if you decide to take the game up again!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Wait a minute!!! I still have more clubs to sell/trade you and you to sell/trade me. This can't be the end. It's like your favourite author suddenly deciding not to write any more books.
    This can't be Geoff...this just can't be..Tell me I'm dreaming!
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    ...so does that mean that I can have your driver as the "future considerations" part of our last deal??

I'm j/k. Sometimes too much of a good thing can turn you off of it. But take it from me, it won't last. I was so turned off of McDonalds once that I swore I'd never eat another damn burger or a frie again as long as I lived.............you've seen me so you know that I didn't keep that "Promise"

On-wards and up-wards mon ami

Shagging Balls DavidY is on a distinguished road DavidY's Avatar
    Take some time off, Geoff. I am sure that you will be back better than ever in 2007.

As you know, golf can be very frustrating. I gave it up for about 10 years. Just got back into it in 2005. Now I just have try to have fun even when my score is worse than usual. Even the best golfer in the world, Tiger Woods, has a bad swing/round on occasion.....I think that his first shot in the Ryder Cup had gone into the water.

Dave

Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar
    Geez ....... hey man, think of all those poor people who cannot even go golfing at all, because they cannot afford it. I was there for about 6-8 years, no fun at all, and no matter how badly I have played this year, I come home and * about it, then my wife reminds me of those 6-8 years and I instantly realize above all else, bad golf is still better than no golf, any day.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer"

[/COLOR]Kevin

"Richard"
    chris, he said he was quiting golf, not hoing... and its only for the rest of the year

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Geoff,why dont you stop competing for a while and just try to have fun?
    Lots of spots left for the 30th
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

"Richard"
    I would thnk it would be to hard for geoff to not care about the score, when you have gone pretty low once you always try to get back and do better. Scoring low is "fun" and a wicked feeling and not doing it, is no fun man. Geoff, pack it up buddy. Next thing you know you will be snapping driver shafts over your knee and regret it later (trust me, I know)

Snapping shafts over youre knee......is this what happens evert time you loose to Dan?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I would thnk it would be to hard for geoff to not care about the score, when you have gone pretty low once you always try to get back and do better. Scoring low is "fun" and a wicked feeling and not doing it, is no fun man. Geoff, pack it up buddy. Next thing you know you will be snapping driver shafts over your knee and regret it later (trust me, I know)
    Your right Depe, he needs to store the clubs and walk away for a while..... he still needs to 'HO' cause The Saint will go broke without him he also needs to stay around the forum to shoot the breeze with all the forum members who consider him a friend BUT, he needs to store the clubs

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    Your right Depe, he needs to store the clubs and walk away for a while..... he still needs to 'HO' cause The Saint will go broke without him he also needs to stay around the forum to shoot the breeze with all the forum members who consider him a friend BUT, he needs to store the clubs
    I won't go broke...cuz he's not the only Ho... just means that I'll have to play the same clubs for awhile.. Geoff and I have swapped alot of stuff...and..and I'll miss him
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    I was going to say otherwise but your totally right DEPE.... Heha to take a break. Itook a 3 week break coz i was so frustrated. Playing better now sorta but I can't imagine having a 7 handicap and shooting a 95-110... I'd go ballistic. All the people who say just for fun thats fine but obviously thats not Geoff's steeze.

One thing I don't agree with. I think he should still go out once in a while w/ forum members. Just dont do it religiously and do it to score well. Look at it as aliesure activity / social event so dont' go out in the rain by yourself anymore but if a group of guys wnna have some beers and swing some wrenches..> Why not.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Most people would kill to have your handycap and your knowledge of the game.I have a few words for you;Golf is not a game of perfect.Sound familliar?Get the book read it and come out swinging again with a different attitude.Good luck Geoff .

I still say he needs to get married
    Maybe have a couple of ankle-bitters

Quote Originally Posted by covanant
    That's an awful idea

Maybe...but i still love golf.

Quote Originally Posted by The Saint
    I won't go broke...cuz he's not the only Ho... just means that I'll have to play the same clubs for awhile.. Geoff and I have swapped alot of stuff...and..and I'll miss him
    YOU Mr. Saint, just have your trunk well stocked and open to the general public on the 30th!

Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    YOU Mr. Saint, just have your trunk well stocked and open to the general public on the 30th!
    dont worry,he'll have a booth set up with interac.

HUH????????? DON'T TALK TO OUR MAIN MAN THAT WAY!

dont worry,he'll have a booth set up with interac.

perfect!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    And you had to pair me up with him--wait till he sees my clubs--He will think-"great I can empty the trunk!" But wait, do you have any animals???? We are saving for South Carolina.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac
    And you had to pair me up with him--wait till he sees my clubs--He will think-"great I can empty the trunk!" But wait, do you have any animals???? We are saving for South Carolina.

Still haven't figured out the quote button huh Brian?

Hey Saint, he has a good point, do you take animals or kids in exchange for clubs??? I got a few of each that I am willing to part with (oh gawed I hope Bugsy doesn't see this one)

Geoff never even told us what he shot! I bet its still better than most of our Personal Bests!

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Listen, I have gone "LOW" many times. I have gone "HIGH" just as many times too. Sure low scores are fun, but so is just being out there playing. Today I shoot 75 from the back tees on a soggy course, with no roll. Tomorrow, I could just as easily shoot 85.

Geoff, I honestly think your problem is this. You put too much pressure on yourself to perform. Been there,done that. You make a boogie or two and then you start pressing the issue,trying to make birdies to make up for the boogies. Well trust me, that does not always work and when it doesn't it leads to massive frustration for you.

You need to just go out, tee it up and have some god damn fun. I went out this morning with not a care in the world. Shot +1 on the front with 3 birdies. Man the hole looked like a bushel basket on some of my putts. Back 9, +4. Sure I made a few mistakes, but I had a great time playing that round of golf. If I had shot 82 I still would have had a great time.

You need to put the clubs away for a couple of weeks. Relax, then go back out and RELAX on the course. Low scores are nice but not the end of the world.

Try it, just relax and do not worry about your scores. HAVE SOME FUN
    You know and I know you will not quit the game of golf forever. It is in your blood man, you will just not walk away from this great game. To be honest, in 24 years I have never thought about quitting the game of golf, no matter how bad I was playing.
    Sorry, but quitters are losers in my mind. You are not a loser.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hybrid clankoffdatee is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    I know I said I wouldn't take about my game anymore, but after the most embarrassing round of golf of my life I just have to vent. I do have one more club event next Saturday, sorry Indio I can't make the forum day, I guess you can call me a gluton for punishment I will be hanging up the clubs for the rest of this season until who knows when. I have absolutely no desire to play this game anymore. I have a few outstanding deals with some forum members, don't worry, I will honour them and follow through. But after that, the clubs will be staying in the basement until I have the urge to actually get out on a course golf again. But I don't see that happening anytime soon. To be 100% honest, right now, I couldn't care less if I ever pick up a club again (barring my club event next Saturday, I always wanted to represent my team and hoping for a little redemption after today, but I doubt it will come). Just no fun to play anymore, and why get yourself stressed out and upset about a stupid game right??????? I won't be relinquishing my moderator duties here, its just too much fun to chat with you wonderful folks. But don't expect to see me on the course with any of you guys again. I can think of many better ways to spend my free time. Take care.

Been there chum....Was a 5----now a 12.Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!Glug,glug,glu g.
    It goes up and you work to get it down...But thats why I sell hockey sticks for a living....10 more yrs to the Senior Tour...You can do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by clankoffdatee
    Been there chum....Was a 5----now a 12.Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!Glug,glug,glu g.
    It goes up and you work to get it down...But thats why I sell hockey sticks for a living....10 more yrs to the Senior Tour...You can do it too.
    Smart man!!!!!!!!!! I suck but I still have a part of me that would like to make the Senior tour and I don't even HAVE A REGISTERED HANDICAP

Thread Information