100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar

Bertholy Swing Method

Thanks to moochie, I have managed to borrow a copy of Golf Swing Construction 101. I will be following the programs faithfully over the next 7 months, or so, and we will see what happens.

I'm set to turn 40 in about 4 weeks. Currently my handicap is right around 10, mainly due to lack of time. A few years back I was playing close to scratch, so I'm hoping that the drills can help fill the void since playing time is at more of a premium now (once per week on average).

As of right now, I will probably play 7-10 more rounds this season, including 3 scheduled for the end of October in South Carolina. I also plan to play over Christmas in San Diego. It'll be interesting to see what changes occur between now and then. I'm hopeful that I can use this book as a way to get my game back to what it used to be when I was playing 4-5 times a week.

I've had to sacrifice quantity, so now it's time to focus on quality. Let's see what happens.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Good luck I wish you the best of luck in the experiment. I'm pure quantity wouldn't mind throwing some quality in there myself! Is it swing specific or just exercises which help a gofler regardless of swing style?

Albatross Powerdraw is on a distinguished road
    could you possibly share what this method is all about?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    It's a swing specific method of reprograming your golf-specific muscles, based on 50 years of Bertholy's teaching and research of some of the best swings of all time.

As a self-described "hitter" I'm really excited about this approach because it doesn't involve any actual golf course or range sessions, just specific static positions and muscle groups that are invoved in making a really powerful and balanced swing. In fact, the golf ball is treated as an incidental object that just happens to get in the way of the swing action. Pretty cool, IMO.

Bertholy's "modern" swing was seen as too radical when it was first developed, but if you look at the positions and moves that are taught in his method, you will see that his swing lives in a lot of the world's top players today.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerdraw
    could you possibly share what this method is all about?
    http://www.paulbertholy.com/whatis.shtml

I know it's early days in the program, but I have seen my first glimmer of hope.

I was trying to incorporate one of Bertholy's moves into my practice swings at Le Sorcier yesterday, and I felt it a bit on a few swings. But the best 2 swings of the day, where I really felt like it was happening were on the 566 yard par-5 16th. I reached the green in 2. Driver, 4-wood. My second shot carried 260 yards to the back left portion of the green, just past pin high. My two best swings of the year by far.

1 Iron manitoulin is on a distinguished road manitoulin's Avatar
    if your already shooting a ten handicap and you were a near scratch golfer. i would suggest. working on your approach shots and your putting. This will help you keep your scores low. I would suggest about hundred approach shot that you think you need help with a week. As for the program your going through. just take what you think will help you. just reasonable information. not all.

Thread Information