100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1i

President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar

1i

Came up on ebay, matching ace for my set, click click

I have to say it's very nearly a work of art. I guess these clubs are usually in nice shape lol. Something about looking on the bottom of the sole and seeing a "1" just puts a smile on your face. I don't expect to carry bunkers from 240 out with it or anything lol, just had to have it.

Had time tonight to go to the course and hit a few shots with it. The legends are exagerated, but you know you've got poppa bear in your hands when you line it up. For the record my first swing carried about 10 yards and rolled out to 35 or so.

I've now officlaly have 15 clubs in my bag so I now get to do cool stuff in the parking lot like deciding what setup best suits the course and weather conditions hahaha

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    I've carried a 1 iron on and off over the years. I've had oversized, mid cavity back and Blade 1 irons. I've found that if you are going to carry one then you obviously have your ball striking in pretty good form at the moment, and if that is the case the blade is the only way to go.

Even though I'm playing blades this year, I wouldnt have one in my bag. I don't believe I could hit it better than anything that would go the same distance currently in my bag.

It would be interesting to see what OEMs are currently selling 1 irons and for which models.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio
    I've found that if you are going to carry one then you obviously have your ball striking in pretty good form at the moment,
    That isn't likely to be my story lol.

There is something to be said for having a club that can cover some ground into the wind without putting a lot of spin on the ball.

that's pretty funny that I've just reached 1i with my forum post count

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    I was told lately to hit my driver off the deck for those shots you want really low, under tree limbs etc. I tried it and it was pretty cool worked well.

Thread Information