CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

Question Changes for 2007

Sadly, the season is almost over. What changes in equipment do you want to make for 2007? Any general changes (play more, pay less, lessons, custom fitting, etc)?

Personally, I'm going to try out a launch monitor for the first time, see what info I can get. If the new Wilsons hit Canada, I'm going to give 'em a try too. I'd like to play more, even thinking of getting a membership at Stonebridge.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I definately want to play more, I want to meet more of the folks around here and I want to get my cap in the mid to low teens - which will definately mean more practice time and probably some lessons.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Play LOTS more, change my irons (maybe get fitted to see what I should be playing instead of reg off the shelf clubs)
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Caddy KickerOfElves is on a distinguished road KickerOfElves's Avatar
    I'm going to take a couple of lessons before the season...that way it doesn't take until Sept 15th for my game to come back.

Might go for a full club fitting as well.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Get a membership to a course here. I haven't decided which one yet, but I'm hoping one of the private or semi-private ones.

Buy a couple of golf packs where I get a 10 round punch card.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    My only change for the 2007 season will be to pick up a new sport. Getting tired of this stupid game real quickly.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    No major equipment changes planned (funny how the clubs seem fine when you are hitting the ball OK). I might fiddle with some wedges, but that is just me being a club 'ho. Yet once again I want to play more next year, but every year I fail to do so. However, I did a horrible job getting my daughter onto the course this year so I will work hard on rectifying that in 07.
    I don't have an ulcer - I am just a carrier.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    No equipment changes planned for 2007 at the moment, but the 2007 catalogs aren't out yet, so that could change.

I too would like to play more but that is governed more by my requirement to work, the wife, and the folks who control the 6/49 numbers.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    No equipment changes but will try a body change...join a gym and work the golf muscles more. I did this in the spring and notice it helped my golf game...my best season so far!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    My only change for the 2007 season will be to pick up a new sport. Getting tired of this stupid game real quickly.
    Liar. You're "hooked" like the rest of us. There's no methodone for golf bud. Sorry.

The Hotel California is actually on a golf resort. That's why the famous line is "you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave".
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    No equipment changes but will try a body change...
    Hope it'll match your attitude this time... sorry buddy

4 Iron Ditty_72 is on a distinguished road
    I'll probably change some stuff as well- I just bought 3 clubs (driver/5 wood/hybrid), and I think I'm going to buy a 2 bar putter (trade some of my stuff in- whatever doesn't sell pretty much). I have 2 v-steels and an R540XD that have a $180 trade in value if I decide to trade them in, so that will get me well on my way to that beautiful flatstick.

I'm a club ho though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see more changes (new wedges, possibly change to blade irons, get fitted for them). If only I had some money; actually, on seocnd thought, if I had a lot of money, there would be no room in the garage from all the golf clubs I'd have

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Try to wait till the AM to check the forum--by the time I finish my wife is already asleep!!!!! This is too addictive!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Likely another set of irons for me. Something more game improvement perhaps. A driver I really like. Recently hit the R7 Draw driver, that one I like.

Maybe play less (I know you guys will think WTF is wrong with Rick?) But I think I tend to play too much, get bored, then don't play well. If I go to a different course I usually play better than I do at my course. So that is telling me something right there.

I also will change my physical condition over the winter. Once I get the go ahead to be able to do some weight lifting then I will work on regaining lost strength. Maybe that will help the driver situation next spring

My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Pitching Wedge LHSteve is on a distinguished road LHSteve's Avatar
    I plan to exercise a lot during the off season as well as continue it through the season. I have for a couple of years be a gym rat during the winter and play golf in the season. My best golf has always been at the start and goes downhill thereafter. I think the exercise continuously through the season will help.
    That plus play my course less and the other Clublink courses more.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    I am actually pretty happy with the set up in both my A bag and back up bag right now, plus I have a few things lying around that are just dying for an opportunity, so I don't intend to change anything major for next season. I'll probably drop the 3 wood for good and just go with one fairway wood and maybe two drivers now and then. In fact I did that today .
    I do intend to play some competitive golf next year... a few tournaments here and there after taking this season off to just enjoy the game. But nothing serious, just for fun, to test my game against others and help me focus a bit.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    I will try another winter of tee-to-green - last winter was my first there, they did help me get rid of my slice with an inside out path, although lately it seems to be creeping back into my game. My total score is not much lower, but I have a lot more good holes per round than I used to. My consistency is poor though, seems I still insist on having a few really bad holes per round, nothing like getting 5 pars in a row followed by a double and then a triple bogey, or shooting 39/51.

Practice my putting all winter.

Try to excercise more - weights and stretching.

Read and practice the driils in Bertholy's book - only read it last year - that didn't help.

Read Wishon's new book, and likely build myself a set of 560's.

Still deciding on where to get a membership - have already decided I won't renew mine at the Canadian. I am on a waiting list at Mississippi, so I will likely get a Marshes Gold Golf Membership for $2500+tax (33 rounds @85 and it will pay for itself) - I can walk over from where I work, so I can go hit balls at a range that lets you hit off grass, practice chipping onto a green, practice your sand play, etc.

Next spring I would like try out a Haime's outdoor launch monitor fitting session.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Planning on a driver change and finding a hybrid I like.. Thats about it for me.. Pretty minor for a major ho. Lets see if I can keep it to just that lol
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

3 Wood mcnorth is on a distinguished road mcnorth's Avatar
    I'll take a couple of lessons at the beginning of the season to continue to work on the full swing but most of my lessons next year will likely be on short game. My goal for this year was to make good contact more consistently and limit the mis (that word looks like my sh1ts, no?) to one every few holes and I pretty much have accomplished that. I might be at the point where I'll worry about score and that'll mean putting and chipping.

As far as equipment goes I'll experiment with the two aldila shafts in my driver and I might buy a putter cause I'm not sold on the one I have now - it just doesn't suit my eye and I have trouble lining it up. Lessons might fix that, however. Probably just trade with my wife cause she has my old one. The search for a ball that costs less than a ProV but plays like it will also continue.

Play more, especially with my wife. It's amazing but those have been the most fun rounds this year. That might mean the purchase of a cart to speed up the rounds - and a membership for her.

As far as goals for next year I'd like to shave twenty strokes again but that's a lot harder when you don't come into the season shooting 120s. Consistently breaking 100 would be nice and isn't that far off if I improve my putting. I'd like to add 20 yards to my driver just because it makes me feel like a big man to outdrive my playing partners. Hitting the fairway is nice but I want to be loooonnngggg. Actually, it's because this *** I played with the other day was 320+ off the tee. Made me want to hide under a rock.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I'd just like to play more next year. Having a toddler crimps that to begin with, and then I busted my ankle at the beginning of August. I felt like I've had about three breakthrough rounds this year, and each time I had one something has come up where I wasn't able to get back out and follow it up for anywhere between 3 and 6 weeks.

Equipment-wise, I know my itrader rating is getting up there, not as bad as that uber ho Covanant or anything , but I think I've mostly found what works for me. Don't really forsee any changes. If I get bored in the winter I might experiment a bit with the fairway woods, haven't settled on anything there in two years (although the current ones have stayed in the bag all year). I have another putter on the way but that's just a sickness with me.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycameron
    Planning on a driver change and finding a hybrid I like.. Thats about it for me.. Pretty minor for a major ho. Lets see if I can keep it to just that lol
    I forsee a 585H in your not so distant future.

6 Iron Ian is on a distinguished road Ian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lms
    I will try another winter of tee-to-green - last winter was my first there, they did help me get rid of my slice with an inside out path, although lately it seems to be creeping back into my game. My total score is not much lower, but I have a lot more good holes per round than I used to. My consistency is poor though, seems I still insist on having a few really bad holes per round, nothing like getting 5 pars in a row followed by a double and then a triple bogey, or shooting 39/51.
    My feelings exactly, lms. This will be my third winter at T-to-Green and, if things don't change TOO much, I'm looking forward to it. I'm hitting my driver and fairway woods (3,5,7) fairly consistantly, but I have to work on my irons this year. I'm all over the yard with them (and short!).

No problems with the equipment, although I finally found a PW to match my set on e-bay last night (I left the original on a course in NS!).

I know what you're saying about inconsistancy, lms. I went par, birdie, par at Outaouais last weekend, followed by triple, double, quad! Sigh... 2 water penalties and a lost ball in 3 holes!

So, back to the practice for the winter. I do really enjoy the quick start in the spring. Almost seems like I never left.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    It's hard to say at this point, seeing as I don't know whether I will be in Ottawa or Victoria. Hopefully I'll be able to get a job at one of the courses here in Victoria, and get myself some free golf. As for equipment, I'll be keeping my eyes open for those Cleveland wedges to finish off my set, and am ALWAYS looking for a callaway 4 wood. Other than that, the main plans are lots more golf, and hopefully lots fewer strokes.

Sand Wedge lmh3 is on a distinguished road lmh3's Avatar
    My goal for '07 is to stop making changes, I went through four iron sets trying to get the right feel this season (being on a staff has it's benefits) and five putters. Not off to a promising start, just got sent a set of the new Taylor Made r7 TP irons.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    After today--learning the short game really well!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac
    Try to wait till the AM to check the forum--by the time I finish my wife is already asleep!!!!! This is too addictive!

I here ya big mac and agree!!!

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Is playing better and more consistent and change for 2007?
    My bag is set. I might like to start a backup set, but the contents of my bag including the bag itself are not going anywhere.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Thread Information