CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood mcnorth is on a distinguished road mcnorth's Avatar

Playing from the Ladies' Tees

Anybody ever "step up?"

I went out with my wife and two friends of ours (ladies) and we had the kids with us so to keep it easier (and safer with me driving the ball) they talked me into just teeing it up from the forward tees. It's ridculous easy from up there, I was amazed. I rarely break 50 over 9 holes from the regulation tees but I shot a 39. Admittedly I played well but what a difference when length doesn't really enter into it.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

"Richard"
    yeah, I know what you mean. I was playing with bg458 who has a nice short game but because he is short off the tee he doesn't get to many pars and doesn't hit to many greens. Anyway, we played the yellow 9 course at irish hills and it was awessome. Its only 2600 yards. He light it up, he was on every green, and other than a few three putts the guy played awesome.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Not the ladies, but every year I'll usually play one round from the most forward men's tees. I usually play from the very back.

However, I don't change my style of play. I.e. driver off every tee, etc. What this usually means is that I bring all kinds of trouble into play that I never even have to consider from the back tees. Usually makes for an interesting day.

3 Wood mcnorth is on a distinguished road mcnorth's Avatar
    I know what you mean jvincent, I had a few "hmmm" moments where I wasn't sure what club to pull. I almost always use driver off the tee but there were a few times my driver would have spelled disaster.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    O.K guys first of all its not the ladies tees but the forward tees (as i have been told several times ).Played in the pouring rain last week with my wife and played from there.
    Rather enjoyed hitting irons.Thinking of shaving my leggs and playing there for good.
    Anybody else care to join me?

Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar
    OK, but I am not shaving my legs under any circumstances. I started that shaving crap with my face as a teen, and now I have to do it all the time. I am certainly in no hurry to add more body areas to shave regularly. Darn , I will wear a kilt though.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer"

[/COLOR]Kevin

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    If I die and go to heaven and get one wish it will to become a lesbian so I can still ... and hit from the ladies tee. Ahhhh what a life.

Pitching Wedge lngdrvcantputt is on a distinguished road
    I've taken a few lessons with kevin Haime, as he's a good customer at the shop, and im a decent player was about a 9-10 handicapp, he analyzed my game and told me i suffer from a 100 yards in, i agreed telling him, my chipping and putting is what i feel's holding me back from better scores, he somewhat agreed but said if i can control my wedges/chips/lobs better i would be in better position to birdie or par more often, he told me next time you go out play, the ladies tees, i laughed and sort of shrugged it off, but then i got thinking, i didnt want to go out with my buddies and play the ladies tees.
    So i went out by myself played stonebridge from the ladies, im usually 78-83 playing from the tips, no joke i shot a 76 from the ladies, you'd figure i drive the ball 270-280 consistently, i would shoot under par guaranteed.Like jvincent said i found trouble i never knew was there. Still had the same problem dialing in my wedges, so go back and see Kevin, he sets me up with one is other guys short game expert, now every time i go to the range i bring my 9 iron,pw/sw/lw and putter only, i go to the short game area for about an hour, then get a small bucket and just practice my wedges, ive shaved roughly 4 strokes off my handicapp, ive been tempted to try the ladies tees again just for comparision but havent found the time to go out by myself, if you think you have trouble from a 100 yards in this is the perfect way to find out.

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar
    Testosterone is one of the main cause of slow play. Over 75% of the players playing from middle and back tees cannot find the fairway during the week-ends. It makes sense when you read the posts about shaved legs and trans-sex golf. Anybody that has a hard time breaking 100 should play from the advanced tees for a while. It really doesn't hurt the game...on the contrary. Some of the more intimidating courses become very enjoyable.
    Many courses have de-gendered their tees in the Quebec city area and the starter is not afraid of asking you your handicap and show you where to start. You can still play from the tips if you want to, but the marshall may be a bit harsh if you are running late. Be prepared for the experience when you are playing in Europe.
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Lob Wedge BPW is on a distinguished road

Playing from the Ladies' Tees

I started playing from the Ladies' Tees at least once a week in the early 90's. We use to do it to provide us with some variety at our golf course (Cedarhill). Since then, I continually mix up the tees I play from as it adds spice to the game and gets rid of the repetitiveness of knowing exactly what club to hit on each hole.............

BPW

Thread Information