100 Holes of Hope

View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Epic Battle of Dan Vs Dick Round 3?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • "richard" will get even for the last two matches and dominate his FC

2 6.06%
  • "richard' will win but just barely

2 6.06%
  • Tie

0 0%
  • Dan will win but just barely

1 3.03%
  • My signature will read "I keep losing to dan again... and again... and again"

28 84.85%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "Richard"

Who Will Win the Epic Battle of Dan Vs Dick Round 3!?

So i have to come back to ottawa for a few days to take care of some business so I've challenged dan to a rematch. Before you vote let me tell you about my game plan this time

I'm going to go for a run in the morning, do 100 push ups and 400 sit ups before my match. I'm going to chip and putt for 45 minutes and be really lose for the match. The main thing, I'm not going to try to be way past everyone on every shot, i'm just going to follow dan around the course. If he hits his driver 220 into the middle of the fairway, I will hit my 3H into the fairway at 220. I'm not going to use driver unless its wide open and if dan tees off and shanks a shot I'm going to pull out an iron and just put it in the fairway if its a hole I get a stroke on. This is my game plan, my chipping has been really good the last two rounds but I'm killingmyself off the tee now.. so enough. Now you may vote

"Richard"
    wow, I have 100% of the votes already

PS match is on wednsday, last one of this season

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I just hope you do better than last time. Don't psyche yourself out with a big game plan. Just try to get it past the forward tees on #1 and go from there, one shank at a time!

"Richard"
    crap, I'm already nervous... how do I lock this guy from getting in this thread??? LOL

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Sorry buddy, had to vote for Dan. Its not your game that's your problem. Its between your ears. Now I don't know what is on the line when you play Dan, but I know that when we played one of our matches and I was making a charge on the back nine you were getting nervous. Some of those 5-10 ft putts you made earlier in the match weren't dropping anymore. You were flubbing some of your chip shots, where early in the match you had a solid short game. And you even admitted to me that my better play was starting to bother you. To succeed in match play you have to play your game. Sure at some point you have to adjust your play to what your opponent is doing, but you can't consume your concentration on your opponent. Once you can over come that hurdle, you will fair much better in matches.

And is saying that, good luck later this week against both Dan and myself. You'll need it.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

My signature will read "I keep losing to dan again... and again... and again"
    I think that would be next time. This time it will just be "again and again". You see the first again refers to rematch #1 and the second again to this match, so a third again, would be one too many. I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    I think that would be next time. This time it will just be "again and again". You see the first again refers to rematch #1 and the second again to this match, so a third again, would be one too many. I think?
    Maybe he can see into the future Dan? Already calling the outcome of match #4.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Perhaps he has one of them magic lamps from the homeland?

"Richard"
    Rod stewart said it best...

It's been a long road getting from there to here (401 toronto to ottawa)
    It's been a long time, but my time is finally near (3 months since match 1)
    and I will see my dream come alive at last (kicking dans ass)
    and they're not gonna hold me down no more (geoff and dan)
    No they're not gonna change my mind (with their trash talk)
    Cause I've got faith of the heart

I'm going where my heart will take me (manderly on the green)
    I've got faith to believe I can do anything (kick dans ass)
    I've got strength of the soul and no one's gonna bend or break me (anyone who votes against me)
    I can reach any star (reach any par 5 in 2)

Maybe friends with Aladdin.

"Richard"
    If I did had a magic lamp and i rubbed it 3 times... and a big blue man gave me 3 wishes.. I would wish for a win against dan, a wish against geoff and 6000 posts so I could be post leader

Big blue man? That is so Disney.

You are such a puppy Grasshopper.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    I voted for ya Richard... but for the record I think Dan will Win

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    DICK GOES DOWN
    Softly mind you but he will go down I think Dan wins 3&2 this time around. "RICHARD" gets closer but will have an entire winter to think about 3 straight loses to Dan.
    He will be able to think carefully about what he has to improve in his game in order to put a butt whooping on Mr. Kilbank.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

put a butt whooping on Mr. Kilbank.

That will take some time I think. I expect we'll go 3 & 2, but he won't get a lead.

"Richard"
    I already know what I'm doing on the first hole. 5w to the creek, 5h to get me out 400 from the teek box then from there I believe it is just a wedge in.

Basically, you will be making a post like mike did about you and have you've improved I'm at 19 hcp and have two rounds to play before our round. Are you still at 13??

Ouch, just checked and you are at 12.6!!!

Factor is 12.6 down 0.1 since we last played. Not going up.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Does anyone else notice that very bi-modal distribution of the votes?

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    Sorry buddy, had to vote for Dan. Its not your game that's your problem. Its between your ears.
    I'm going to have to disagree. I've seen him play. The game is definitely the problem

Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    I'm going to have to disagree. I've seen him play. The game is definitely the problem
    Oh his game does have some improving to do, but I was refering to when he's playing well, which he did against me during one of our matches. It was the head that got in the way that day.

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    Oh his game does have some improving to do, but I was refering to when he's playing well, which he did against me during one of our matches.
    How a 41 on the back 9 that day geoff, same as you! My best and your worst were the same!!!!! Wish we were playing match play that day. I would have beat your ass

Trust me, I was sweating it. Down 3 or 4 at the turn. But playing 1 or 2 over on the back nine helped my cause. But the thing was, you were way too concerned with my game. I was starting to play better, you had the lead, so you should have just tried to keep making pars (bogeys at worse, you did have strokes on me). But I could see my better playing was bothering you. So I just kept pushing and knew you'd finally crack. So in your next match, just take it like a regular round. Play your game, like you were on the course by yourself. Don't necessarily do what Dan does. That's his game, play away from trouble and don't try hero shots and you'll be just fine. But I still think Dan will win.

"Richard"
    yeah I def cracked under the pressure. I think once I beat someone who is better than me It will help in future games. I guess I'll just have to beat you on tuesday so when I play with dan on wednsday I'll have some confidence going in

You mean Thurs, and no you won't.

"Richard"
    oh yeah, thur... I'm in the group right behind you at MC on tuesday... why? Im dieing to meet reid! Would it be wierd if I brought him flowers????

Yes it would, and I'm playing with Reid tomorrow. Tues I'm playing with his brother, forum member dwalker.

"Richard"
    well I am def not bringing his brother flowers!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Sorry Dick, you let the game get in your way of playing.... Dan, either 6&5 or 5&4
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    I haven't played with Dan since the end of last season, and I know he has made great strides in his game this year. One thing I do know about Dan though is that he plays his game, is not distracted by what the others in his group are doing, and is consistent... VERY consistent.
    My thinking Richard is that you are once again in big trouble... .
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    oh yeah, thur... I'm in the group right behind you at MC on tuesday... why? Im dieing to meet reid! Would it be wierd if I brought him flowers????

Hmmm... well, if you are playing Mountain Creek on Tuesday in the group behind Geoff you will get the chance to meet my brother, dwalker, who is playing with Geoff that day. He looks just like me, except he's taller, darker, and handsomer. He also has hair. Say hi for me.
    As for myself, I am playing MC with Geoff on Monday (tomorrow), so you might be a bit late... .
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Thread Information