View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Epic Battle of Dan Vs Dick Round 3?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • "richard" will get even for the last two matches and dominate his FC

2 6.06%
  • "richard' will win but just barely

2 6.06%
  • Tie

0 0%
  • Dan will win but just barely

1 3.03%
  • My signature will read "I keep losing to dan again... and again... and again"

28 84.85%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    "Richard"
    did you bring my putter thingy?? LOL

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Gave it to Geoff today
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I made the mistake of voting for Richard in round 2, so I flip flopped again.

"Richard"
    I made the mistkae of voting for myself in 1 aqnd 2... and may have made the mistake in voting for myself in round 3. After yesterdays round (51 on the front) I'm sure killer kilbank has nothing to worry about)

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    O My God----Geoff and I are playing Wed morning with 2 open spots---is there any chance "Richard" will show up???? Got to meet this guy!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

"Richard"
    oh I wish I could but I have my match with dan, I can't back out... that would be rude. Plus stragely enough I enjoy his company and mike is a riot... by riot I mean a potty mouth perv

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I made the mistkae of voting for myself in 1 aqnd 2... and may have made the mistake in voting for myself in round 3. After yesterdays round (51 on the front) I'm sure killer kilbank has nothing to worry about)
    I once that I made a mistake, but I was wrong Now Dick, 'Killer Lilbank' didn't have all that much to worry about before, why would he start worrying now?

You gotta get the hype and trash talk at a higher level for you to even think of having a chance
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I'm somewhat scared! The pressure of being such a heavy favourite!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Sure you are.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

I guess its time to vote--wasnt there a TV show like this??

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    You don't look that heavy to me...... now the burden of having to defend your title so often is another matter..... odds are if this goes on long eniugh, Dick will catch you on a bad day and he will have a good day (unlikely but nothing is impossible!)
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

"Richard"
    Looks like the presure got to you dan... Here are the highlights

1) we were even after 18 holes! I DIDN'T LOSE!!! Moral victory for me
    2) I hit a tree on a dog leg right and it bounced back 10 yards behind me leaving me with a tricky feet above the ball lie. I knocked my 5w about 220 yards up the fairway in the middle and made a boogie I think. Still a horrible/funny shot with an even better recovery
    3) 275 yard drive

SO dan was 2 up with 3 to play and had he won the hole coming up I would have been TKO. I hooked my ball really bad into the left side of the fairway in the rough. Secon shot I put OB an put my 4th shot into the drink. 6th was just off the green and I got up and down from there for an 8. Dan hit a great drive, great second shot and found him self in the bunker on the right side of the green. He hit out of the bunker and flew the green, took an unplayable and dropped in the bunker. He was now shooting 6, left it short but got it out and made a 9. So now he is 1 up with two to play

He its the green ont he par 3 as usual and I flew the green, chipped it to within 6 feet. Dan 3putt for a 4 so I need to hit the putt to get back to even with one to play. I missed it (knee knocker). Dan 1 up with one to play so he can't lose.

I hit my drive up the middle right side of the fairway, dan misses the fairway by a few feet. I hit my 6 iron but slice it to the right side of the fairway and land behind a tree so I can't go for the green. Dan in the mean time hit his second shot into the creek and was now shooting 4. He made a 7 I made a 6 to win the hole and tie the match up. Had another fun round with dan and mike. Thanks again boys for the round, the cart and the drink

We'll do it against next year when the season starts up

That 9 killed dan, that missed par putt is the one stroke I had back. I did use the strokes he gave me, not sure how many of the 6 actually came into play but I can think of 2 or 3 off the top of my head

The story of the match...

We began the day with a pair of nice drives, a good sign. After ties on 1 and 2 North, where Depe got strokes, I won #3 with a par, and Depe got it back on 4 with a par. 5 was a rough hole for him and getting a stroke was no help that time, so I was back to +1.

Back and forth pars for wins over the next 4 holes and we made the turn with me still at +1.

Front 9 scores Dan (12 hcp) 42 Depe (19hcp) 48

The back nine (South) started with a a tie on 1 with bogies. I took a double on 2 to give him the hole and bring us back to all square. I birdied the par 3 third with a big putt to get back to +1 fast. Parring the next 2 holes was good, but only good enough to tie his bogies (those pesky strokes again). I then parred 6 and went to 2 up, having just played one of the tough stretches of 4 holes on the course at one under par.

Off to the 7th tee, a par 5 where I feel I can make par to win the match and then maybe par in from there, since I have done that a bunch of times and I'm playing well.

I hit a nice drive and Depe hits a duck hook about 160 yards. He then dumps it into the bush and drops another ball. I go off to hit mine while he puts his next ball in the creek. He drops and is lying 5. I am lying 2 with about 130 yards to go. He looks at me like its over. I said, "I could still screw up. It's happened before. It ain't over 'till it's over." So he steps up and hits a nice one to the greenside mound. Not bad, he could chip in for a 7 and have a chance (not). I go ahead and play my ball, and it ends up in the greenside bunker. Oh well I can get up and down, and even a bogie will be good enough here so that's ok. The sand was wet. The shot was thin. The resulting lie was unplayable in the bush with no viable option but to replay the bunker shot. Drop. Lying 5. OK, just don't do it again. So I chunk it into the rough instead. Depe chips on to about 4'. I chip and I'm left with 5'. So here we are both lying 7. I miss. He makes. He wins the hole. I am back to +1

Both of us bogied the next par 3 so I am dormie on the last tee. My second shot was topped and went in the ditch. Depe won the hole and tied the match. I really fealt that I threw it away in the bunker on S7 but I can't take away from the fact that he never let me get much of a lead and he was in there all the way, finding the hole when he had to.

Back nine scores Dan 44 (with a QUAD!) Depe 49

Great match! Looking forward to the next one!

Aww you beat me. My version had more suspense.

"Richard"
    finding the hole when he had to.
    Words to live by my man! Anyway, I had a fantastic time, the more I play your course the more I like it. I remember the first time I played it I hated it and then didn't play it again until dan kolar moved there from IH. Played it a few more times started to like it more but its so much better when you play with someone who knows the course and tells you which side of the green is better to be on. All in all a great day, thanks for the round, the cart and everything else. Until we meet again Mon petite cheri

"Richard"
    GEOFF, bring my putter thingy machine

PS dan had an awesome putt to tie a hole, it was atleast 15 feet, maybe even more

PPS I lost dan's ball marker, he said he would just reduce my posts by 100 and call it even because he knows how badly I want to catch him and geoff

"Richard"
    did you tell everyone about my 3/4 swing 275 yard drive???

Nope. I hadn't noticed it.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    did you tell everyone about my 3/4 swing 275 yard drive???
    275 yards using only %75 of your power? That means with %100 you could hit it over 366 yards!

^^^^^ Thats funny--its the first thing Geoff said this morning when we were wondering about you guys!!!

Thread Information