CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar

Hard to believe .... but

I have had many less than satisfactory shots and rounds of late, and could not figure out what I was doing wrong. It gelled today, wet fairways had me peeling off the golf shoes and swapping back to the hiking sandals, which blew out yet again and I had fixed for the 2nd time now.

As soon as I switched to the sandals, I suddenly was able to hit a driver again. Seems in trying that $19.44 460cc driver from Loblaws, plus the big 460cc in the set I just bought from Wilster (yeah, I know, I am getting to be a club ho now) I could do nothing more than aim a mile left and hope the resulting big banana slice would not cross completely back over the right side of the fairway. With the sandals I am straight and get a very light fade. Go figure eh?

I must say I have never worn anything golfing as comfortable as these sandals. Just have to keep fixing them I guess.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer"

[/COLOR]Kevin

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    You think maybe you don't swing as hard with the sandals on? I do
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Either he does not swing as hard or he thinks he is JESUS
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex
    You think maybe you don't swing as hard with the sandals on? I do
    That's my vote. I know someone who when he gets in a funk he plays better with his deck shoes. No it's not me.

Swinging too hard was not the apparent problem, I swing harder with my 3 wood, and hit it further.
    The issue I think is that I moved my body too much with shoes on, slicing the driver, and pulling most of my irons left. I find with the sandals that my swing is not slower, I try to swing slowly all the time, but my body is much quieter, no hard hip push forward, no rocking either. My feet seem more planted and my stance is more erect, which probably is keeping me on plane better. I find myself on the ball of my feet quite often with the shoes, but not the sandals, they are a better fit on my feet I think.

[/COLOR]Kevin

Hybrid Timothy.Reeve is on a distinguished road

Could be a difference in the shoes too

It's also possible that your feet sit differently when in the sandals. I have seen a couple of references in Golf Digest to various people tracing a change in their ball flight to changing footware. It makes sense when you realise that the shoes are the only thing that anchor your body to the ground. I don't know how easy it is to compare the two, but possibly one is flatter, etc.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zoic
    I have had many less than satisfactory shots and rounds of late, and could not figure out what I was doing wrong. It gelled today, wet fairways had me peeling off the golf shoes and swapping back to the hiking sandals, which blew out yet again and I had fixed for the 2nd time now.

As soon as I switched to the sandals, I suddenly was able to hit a driver again. Seems in trying that $19.44 460cc driver from Loblaws, plus the big 460cc in the set I just bought from Wilster (yeah, I know, I am getting to be a club ho now) I could do nothing more than aim a mile left and hope the resulting big banana slice would not cross completely back over the right side of the fairway. With the sandals I am straight and get a very light fade. Go figure eh?

I must say I have never worn anything golfing as comfortable as these sandals. Just have to keep fixing them I guess.
    I agree w/ Apex1972!! Swing lighter ...

questions:

1) You bought a driver for $19.94!? Can we see a pic?

2) How you going to play in Sandals in November?

I will post a pic later, I am returning it and the other new one as well, my brother did not like it either.

Sandals all year round here man, and fleece lined socks in colder weather, never have cold feet, wet maybe, but not cold. Spring thaw is a pain.

[/COLOR]Kevin

Thread Information