CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar

Course dangers... Poison Ivy

Lightning, being deadly, is probably the most feared eventuality on the course, but not the only thing.

Among the many things out there, Poison Ivy, is a much more common occurrence than lightning. I read an article in Canadian Geographic on Poison Ivy, the other day, and was surprised about how common it actually is. Now, each time I stroll close to the bushy areas of the course, I now know what to look for, and to my surprise, there's a LOT more poison ivy on golf courses than I ever suspected. In some of the places that I play, it's like a carpet, and even worse, it grows in just the places that people's balls gravitate to.

Perhaps it would be nice if the golf courses put out signs warning golfers about the concentrations of poison ivy, or even have the areas marked with signs.

Thoughts?

spidey

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

poison ivy

Hope you have a scence of humour.......
    and i'm not taking a shot a your golf game spidey, but it's quite simple............keep it in the short stuff!!

My opinion.....not neccessary to post signs. I beleive most golfers are aware of poison ivy.

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar

ok..... I'll bite...

Yep... I try to keep it in the short stuff... no offense taken.

I've been playing golf for 15+ years, and I only found out how to recognize poison ivy this year. Yes, I've been told about poison ivy, but I was still amazed at how much of it I saw.

....btw, I've played with a lot of strangers since I found out about it, and I ask them when they go into the bush now (especially where I know there's poison ivy) and so far one in twenty knows what poison ivy looks like, and doesn't care.... shrug.

ymmv

spidey

5 Iron Dustin is on a distinguished road
    I wish they would put up signs for it. My friend had Poison Ivy that he got at a golf course and it was terrible. I won't go into details but it was leeking puss for weeks.

I still can't recognize Poison Ivy because everything in the bushes looks the same.

I really think putting up signs at the areas where Poison Ivy is would be great for all golfers and i'm sure would not take that much time to do.

Dustin

Thread Information