100 Holes of Hope

View Poll Results: WHO WILL WIN THE 2006 RYDER CUP?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • TEAM EUROPE

24 68.57%
  • TEAM USA

11 31.43%
+ Reply to Thread
    GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Who Will Win The Ryder Cup?

With the Ryder Cup Matches coming up next week who are you picking to win, or who would you like to win?

This years venue is on a course that really gives no advantage to either team. The K Club is basically like many typical courses played on the PGA. Both teams have vast experience playing on courses such as this so there really is no advantage.
    The yardage on the Palmer Course is 7,337. The longest Par 5 is 606, the shortest Par 4 is 395 but can be played as short as 301. (You have to figure we are going to see a driveable Par 4 in this event ) The Par 3's are similiar length, 170,173,173 and 213. Nothing special there.
    You can book a golf vacation at The K Club online at
    http://www.kclub.com/index.html

Ian Woosman picked Darren Clarke as one of his Wild Card picks. I personally feel this will spark Team Europe to another win. Along with Monty and Sergio, both Ryder Cup stalwarts.
    Yes USA has a strong team, even with 4 Rookies. Cink & Verplank were two solid Captain's Choices for Team USA.
    However my gut feeling is the Euro's will once again hoist Samual Ryder's Cup at the end of the 3 day competition.

You thoughts as to who will win?
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    It’s hard not take the Euro’s on this BUT Tiger has finally found a playing partner that he likes (Furyk) and it’s the first time I see him taking control as the leading veteran player on this team. Furyk and Woods are on fire and might carry this team to their first victory in years. Especially if both play well in the HSBC tourney this weekend.

USA is my pick.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I'll also go against the grain and pick the US. I don't think there's much of a home course advantage with the course, style-wise at least. As for Clarke, that's a tough one, he and his play may be inspirational, or he may turn out to be emotionally spent. A lot of people thought Tiger was going to win the US Open for his dad but it didn't work out that way. Clarke is at least playing this weekend in Madrid, so hopefully that will help him...I would love to see him play well.

I just like to cheer for the Euros in this event. I watch a lot of Euro events on the golf channel and for years those guys did not get any respect for their games. Now they do
    Either way I hope it is a tight match, and I hope the sportsmanship is great too. That is what Samual Ryder wanted this event to be. A friendly match play event.
    Not the WAR ON THE SHORE it was a few years ago.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    I will be cheering on my fellow Europeans (Euros are currency), but alas with the stellar play of Woods and Furyk lately I think team USA will win.....just. Hope I am wrong.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    I went with Europe.........just look at their team. A lot will depend on Tiger and Phil.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Hill
    ...the stellar play of Woods and Furyk lately ...
    They aren't doing so well today.

Holy cow. What a massacre… Tiger is dormi with 4 to play and Furyk lost 4&3….

On a good note, Weir wins 3&2 over Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkshooter
    They aren't doing so well today.
    That's good news for Europe, the less match play practice they get, the better.

Can't wait for next Friday.......RYDER CUP babeeeee!!!

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Europe al the way, with guys like Darren Clarke, Monty and young guys like Casey, Sergio, and Luke Donald. Europe will excel in this team event.

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    A bunch of people labelled Europeans on one side of the ocean, on the other a bunch of people labelled american.
    When you think of europeans I think of camraderie, pints in a pub, loyalty,pride passion.
    WHen I think of americans I picture endorsements, aloofness, arrogance.
    Euro's just like americans all fly in separately on private jets, but the moment they set down on the tarmac, there is just a different feeling about the euros, as if they suddenly become one cohesive unit.
    I am behind the boys drinking guinness
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkhark
    A bunch of people labelled Europeans on one side of the ocean, on the other a bunch of people labelled american.
    When you think of europeans I think of camraderie, pints in a pub, loyalty,pride passion.
    Euro's just like americans all fly in separately on private jets, but the moment they set down on the tarmac, there is just a different feeling about the euros, as if they suddenly become one cohesive unit.
    Or Heineken or Beck's or Amstel......
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Well Darren Clarke certainly seems ready to play. An opening round of 68 backed up by a 72 today to sit at -4 in 35th place in Madrid
    I think Darren and Westwood might just be a force to be dealt with at The K Club

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Let's Go Europe!!!
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkhark
    Mmmmm Guiness *slurp*

1 Iron manitoulin is on a distinguished road manitoulin's Avatar
    The us team has jim and tiger on the team and plus many more that will shine before the tourney starts.

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    I was just checking out the 'sky europe' site and all the euro articles. I cannot put into words just exactly why I am so much for them, but as much as I enjoy watching tiger trounce opponents, I am so much looking to this particular rider cup, I can't wait.

ps I am moving this wknd so my dream of three days straight high def watching will be intermittent, and on a tiny tv. Oh well, go euroooooooooooooooooupe!
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Thread Information