CorporateGolfXtra 2024

View Poll Results: HOW MANY ROUNDS HAVE YOU PLAYED?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-20 rounds

17 26.98%
  • 20-40 rounds

12 19.05%
  • 40-60 rounds

17 26.98%
  • 60-80 rounds

8 12.70%
  • I AM A GOLF PIG 80 + rounds

9 14.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Golf Nut pvs1313 is on a distinguished road pvs1313's Avatar
    I HAVE PLAYED ABOUT 50 FULL ROUNDS, ANOTHER 10 OR SO PRACTICE ROUNDS AND THEN ABOUT 10-15 NINE HOLES.

BUT THEN i ALSO spent 2 days a week at the practice range workign on game and lessons, .

i like to get out a lot i guess

Golf Nut pvs1313 is on a distinguished road pvs1313's Avatar
    oops sorry for caps, stupid fingers don't work

1 Iron manitoulin is on a distinguished road manitoulin's Avatar
    I go out 3 time a week once for mens night and twice on the weekend. and a hell of a lot of tournements.

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by little brit
    Tell me kerisb,

When you are doing 36 holes that you take a cart? I am reasonably fit but after about 14-15 holes on say, Manderley. I am tired. Especially on the seriously hot days we had this year. Now I just feel like a wimp.

Yes, little brit, we usually take a cart. I see my husband more on the course than anywhere else. If we walk it is like we are playing apart, if we ride then we get to share time together in the cart. Besides I could never carry my huge TM bag around, and since it was an anniversarry gift I feel bad if I don't take it. I find the socializing a very big part of the golf game that I like, even if golfing with strangers, just seems you can socialize more with a cart. I also find it easier to drink (a few pop of course) and drive the cart than to walk and drink.
    Last edited by kerisb; 09-20-2006 at 08:23 PM.

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kerisb
    Yes, little brit, we usually take a cart. I see my husband more on the course than anywhere else. If we walk it is like we are playing apart, if we ride then we get to share time together in the cart. Besides I could never carry my huge TM made around, and since it was an anniversarry gift I feel bad if I don't take it. I find the socializing a very big part of the golf game that I like, even if golfing with strangers, just seems you can socialize more with a cart. I also find it easier to drink (a few pop of course) and drive the cart than to walk and drink.
    Oh ok well good then, I feel better now.

I could see doing that. I have only ever been in a cart once, and my game that day was just about the worst ever but it feels very luxurious, pampered even. I feel I really need the exercise so I tend to walk, and my usual friends always want to walk so I am usually stuck with it.

I have only played with my hubby a couple of times. We had fun but he is pretty busy at the moment. He works, I golf. Tough deal and when we did play it was weird we always seemed to hit in just about the same place so just walked together.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Oh ok well good then, I feel better now.

I could see doing that. I have only ever been in a cart once, and my game that day was just about the worst ever but it feels very luxurious, pampered even. I feel I really need the exercise so I tend to walk, and my usual friends always want to walk so I am usually stuck with it.

I have only played with my hubby a couple of times. We had fun but he is pretty busy at the moment. He works, I golf. Tough deal and when we did play it was weird we always seemed to hit in just about the same place so just walked together.
    Another example of why fairways and greens are so important to hit
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    When you walk you seem to be more in the game and most times your game results are better; it seems like you have more time to think about what your going to do on the next shot. It also gives you a lot more time to come up with a good excuse!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac
    When you walk you seem to be more in the game and most times your game results are better; it seems like you have more time to think about what your going to do on the next shot. It also gives you a lot more time to come up with a good excuse!
    Amen for that.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    GOD I HAD A BRUTAL LIE OVER THERE
    80 rounds as of tomorrow
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    I think I'll hit double digits after my games tomorrow and friday Why doesn't money grow on trees?
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark
    Another example of why fairways and greens are so important to hit
    I think you are assuming that I might keep it in the fairway. Husband and I are both very capable of meeting in the woods The longer I hit, the more acquainted with the woods I get.

If that is the case I am scared for the poor guys playing with me on forum day. Only second time on a cart. Maybe I should try again first any excuse to get out and play.

Yeah that is the other reason I am not playing 100 games a season. Price. and if you add in a cart, Wow!

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Husband and I are both very capable of meeting in the woods
    You know you can't add his 5 minutes to yours and take 10 minutes in the woods "looking for your balls".

Quote Originally Posted by sharkshooter
    You know you can't add his 5 minutes to yours and take 10 minutes in the woods "looking for your balls".
    Very funny

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Oh,by the way, I'm up to 6 rounds this year.

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar

Smile

I do want my play to become better, cus I can be a very competitive person. But I found a couple of weeks ago that if I made a lousy shot I would get really frustrated and mad at myself ( I also have a wicked temper). I know I can ,make those awesome shots and start to expect too much of myself. The more frustrated I became the worse my game got. The whole reason why I started golf was to spend more time with my hubby, and enjoy the fresh air and scenery of the courses, never even occurred to me that I would ever be serious about the game!! But I am the type of person that believes "stress" is a "killer", so try not to get stressed out about too much. I am now going to try to go back to my old way of thinking on the course, I know I can make the shot but if I don't that's ok. it is only a game, not life or death, and I like me alot better when I'm in the laid back mode rather than the frustrated mode, so i guess that is why I treat it as more of a social gathering than a serious game. Taking it to serious just brings out the wrong side in me!!! As for excuses...........the only excuse I ever use is I screwed up again!!! LOL

Pitching Wedge LHSteve is on a distinguished road LHSteve's Avatar
    I guess living in Southwestern Ontario allows us to golf more. I have logged 75 games this year and will be around 85-90 by the end of the season.

Holy jumpins "Kerisb" I would have figured that after reading some of these posts over the past two monthes you would be--Mellow yellow by now. I started to play 4 years ago to get exercise after a heart attack---I never figured I would get so serious about it even tho my excuse for playing is for relaxation and to spend time with my wife other than on the couch. We have played well over 60 games this year and have a riot. We do want to get better but we are not going to let the seriousness of how good or how bad we are get in the way of enjoyment.
    The funny thing about this game is when you relax--you seem to have a better game--it just goes to prove that more of this game is played between the ears. None of us will ever be Tiger Woods--I think I want to be more like John Daly---you will live longer-----I think.
    Looking forward to meeting you guys next week

Hey Big Mac.....no worries I am a pretty mellow yellow kind of person, actually most of the time too mellow yellow. That is why when I get up tight about something I hate it then have to figure out why it's happening.....with golf I saw my score go down really good and consistently this year. Then all of a sudden it just seemed to sit there, now it has gone back up again. So instead of fighting it I am just going to play to have fun and forget about the score till next year, then I will start all over again. But trust me I am a mellow yellow kind of person!!! My worst fault is expecting too much of myself, and not knowing when to admit that I expected too much!!!

Hey Big mac, update on my game......promised myself I would be calmer on the course for the rest of the year, kind of (like a nice young lady on the course). Well I played Mountain Creek and Arnprior yesterday with one of my golfing partners from work. It was an awesome day!!! I lost a few balls, made some really horrible shots, actually took 5 off the tee on my first tee box at MC yep that little ditch got me, but just laughed at everything that went wrong ( actually a little curse word escaped out once in a while by accident which was even funnier since I was trying so hard not to. Anyways stayed Mellow Yellow all day, had a horrible score, but a great day, and tons of laughs!! Made a deal with myself, there are a few family stress's right now that I have to take care of , but going to go back to the old carefree me!!! And believe it or not your input helped me decide that ..........so Thank You!!!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Played my 103 round monday.Helps being a member at a golf course.Game is much better than last year playing green fees.

Kerisb--glad to hear that--the one big thing I have found about this silly game is that you dont think about anything else when your playing and one good shot with friends around to congratulate you on it--makes you forget all the bad shots before! See you Sat--as all the little ones say "3 more sleeps"!

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by LHSteve
    I guess living in Southwestern Ontario allows us to golf more. I have logged 75 games this year and will be around 85-90 by the end of the season.
    People like you and I who live in the BANANA BELT can easily play over 100 rounds in a season! I managed 130 last year, 165 the year before, 120 the year before that
    This year I missed close to 7 weeks of golf in May/June and I am still going to be over 100 rounds played With decent weather for the next month and a half I will maybe reach 120.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

7 Iron jayda is on a distinguished road jayda's Avatar
    I played on average 2 games per week so 50+ already...

Pitching Wedge spart is on a distinguished road
    Today marks my 100th entry for 2006 into the handicap computer. If it does not snow next week I should be able to play another 10-15 times. A cold, wet day on the golf course still beats just about anything else. Pity that my scores are increasing each time I play

Putter Par Golfette is on a distinguished road
    As of this week I have 120 rounds and expect to play at least another 10 before the season is over. Heading to Myrtle Beach next week.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    I pulled in about 15 full rounds, half of which were tournament rounds (not smart considering how little I played)...hit the range once, and a putting green twice. oh and 6 of those 15 rounds were in april ... damn what a write off this season was.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Only 19 so far
    Stupid job...
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat Williams View Post
    I pulled in about 15 full rounds, half of which were tournament rounds (not smart considering how little I played)...hit the range once, and a putting green twice. oh and 6 of those 15 rounds were in april ... damn what a write off this season was.
    Thats because you spend too much time buying Scotty's
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Thread Information