100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

Balls with "practice"written on them

So I bought 100 hogan apex tours on ebay for $50us shipped. Turns out about 15-20 of the balls have the word "practice" written on them but are in AAAA condition, looks as if it hasn't even been it. Will this effect the playability of the ball? Are these balls built to different specs? Or are they the same?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Nothing wrong with them. Sometimes they have cosmetic blemishes so they are used as practice balls at ranges.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

"Richard"
    so the ones I have, there is nothing wrong with them at all.. they look perfectly actually so i guess I'll keep them and give my friends who split the balls with me the ones that don't say "pracitce" on them so they don't get upset

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    It's a reminder. Go practice.

Nothing wrong with them. If you have been to a PGA event, usually the balls used on the range to warm up say practice on them.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc
    It's a reminder. Go practice.
    HA maybe i should buy them then!

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    I played a course a few years back and they had Pro V 1 practice balls on the range, It said practice on each ball but I know a lot of them had to have wound up in peoples golf bags. No I didn't take any!!! but it was tempting

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213
    I played a course a few years back and they had Pro V 1 practice balls on the range, It said practice on each ball but I know a lot of them had to have wound up in peoples golf bags. No I didn't take any!!! but it was tempting
    That happened to us in FLA last year but the course was really smart... you go to the club house and you pay and then you walk to the first tee its about 1/2 a click or the dude will drop you off and right before the first tee there is a range. Now, the 18th is right next to the parking lot so if you were to take a ton of balls from the range... good luck carrying your bag around cause it would be damn heavy!

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    A course I played outside hamilton drives you over to the range/pratice area without your bag. Nike one balls
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    So I bought 100 hogan apex tours on ebay for $50us shipped. Turns out about 15-20 of the balls have the word "practice" written on them but are in AAAA condition, looks as if it hasn't even been it. Will this effect the playability of the ball? Are these balls built to different specs? Or are they the same?
    Warning, do not use those balls that are marked "PRACTICE" in your next match against Dan. It is illegal to use them in sanctioned play. Lose of hole!
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Only if they've been put on the non-conforming list before the match.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    When I marshalled at the BCO in 2004 I was allowed to 'borrow' a 'few' of these practice balls ... ProV's and Hogans ... they were exactly the same as the regular ones.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Caddy jmr73 is on a distinguished road jmr73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark
    A course I played outside hamilton drives you over to the range/pratice area without your bag. Nike one balls

So you could only carry a couple of clubs over to the range? Why bother having such nice range balls if you are that paranoid about losing them. Just use cheap top-flite balls. Going to the range before a round is more about the swing and not about how far the ball will carry.

I would have thought these 'Practice' balls were restricted flight.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmr73
    So you could only carry a couple of clubs over to the range? Why bother having such nice range balls if you are that paranoid about losing them. Just use cheap top-flite balls. Going to the range before a round is more about the swing and not about how far the ball will carry.

I would have thought these 'Practice' balls were restricted flight.
    You can take all your clubs just not your bag because some people cannot control themselves. I really do not like cheap range balls because a range os sopmewhere to practice not only warm up and cheap balls fly very different and not just shorter but more sidespin can be influenced etc... This practice facility is like no other I have ever seen.
    • 350-yard driving range
    • 75 yard short game
    • Fairway bunker
    • Green side bunker
    • 2 putting greens;
    • 6 acres of bent grass teeing area
    If anyone is interested the course is called Mystic http://www.mysticgolfclub.com/index.html
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Caddy jmr73 is on a distinguished road jmr73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark
    If anyone is interested the course is called Mystic http://www.mysticgolfclub.com/index.html
    lol... there is actually a rumor floating around TGN that clublink may buy Mystic. Maybe I will play it soon enough.

Caddy KickerOfElves is on a distinguished road KickerOfElves's Avatar
    I would be a little peeved if I ordered a bag of balls and some of them showed up with "Practice" on them... Usually if someone is playing a ball marked in this manner it means they stole it from a range, and getting accusatory glances would be annoying.

"What? No, wait I bought theses, honest!"

"Richard"
    Its ok, I already scribbled naked pictures of donny over the area that says "practice"

Thread Information