CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

New game.. sure to take strokes off...

First let me start off by saying "JOE" at irish hills is awesome. I had a 730am tee time with bobby and we started on time. It was really foggy, couldnt see the greens from even 80 yards out, it was insane but we trusted the yardages and just tried to hit the middle of the fairways and the greens and we did well... Told Joe about it after and asked him if we could replay the front 9 (we would pay but wanted to keep the carts) and he just told us to play the yellow 9 for free (which we played from the tips because its much shorter (2900 from the back). Anyway, really nice of him, didn't have to... he could have said "sorry its not my problem, we don't control the weather, very nice of him... will go back again for sure (probably when its really foggy)

Anyway, here is the game we started on the back nine and continued onto the free 9 we played after for a total of 18 holes.

$1 for winning the hole
    $0.50 a stroke
    $0.50 for each fairway hit
    $0.50 for every GIR
    $0.50 for closest to the hole on par 3's if both are on the green
    $0.50 for closest to the hole on a par 4 if both players get a GIR
    $0.50 for closest to the hole on a par 5 if both players get a GIR
    -$1 if you lose a ball in the drink, OB or just plain lose the ball and have to re hit

Here is where it gets really fun

If you hit a ball OB or in a forrest and know you can't find it... You basically have to rehit and are shooting 3 (assuming there are no red stakes) OR!! you can BUY a muligan for $3! If you rehit, you are basically out $1 for OB, $1 cause instead of hitting one you are hitting 3 which is $0.50 a stroke, and most likely will lose the hole as well if you are two strokes behind for a total of $3 so you can buy the milgan for $3 which is what you are out anyway and perhaps win the hole to get $1 back, win by a stroke or two to get $0.50 or $1 back and with the fairway, GIR and all that you can still make back the $3 you just paid for your muligan. Finally...

Putts within 10 feet are worth nothing, but between 10-20 feet (just guess and don't take the game to seriously and this messuring business won't be an issue, its just for fun.. and money ) the person putting gets to wager $0.50 cents at odds 3:1 that he will make the putt... Between 20-30 feet he would get 4:1, 30-40 feet is 5:1 and anything over 50 feet is 10-1

Since strokes are 50 cents, there are no gimmies.
    You can only buy muligans off the tee.

Anyway, we played this game today and we both shot under 90 for the first time in a long time. All my drivers were shorter but in the fairway, all my putts were studied and had the proper pace.

We also figured that if someone is playing against someone who has a lower cap than them and are supposed to get strokes... they get a +'ive ballance to start off with. We just can figure out what to start them off at! If I was playing geoff today he would be at 6 and I would be at 19... so should i start off being up $6.50??? that doesn't seem like it is enough but maybe it works, who knows...

Anyway, we had the most amazing time... its fun playing well and its more fun playing when you have something to lose and every single stroke counts

BG458
    Guys it seems dumb but it works. Especially when you get guys like me shooting a 43 on the back nine, and I suck just ask Dan.

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    as long as you don't hold up the groups behind you adding up all those half-dollars.

So, how do you score closest to the hole on a par 5 if someone reaches in 2 and the other in 3?

"Richard"
    The guy who reached in two... if he is stiff "OUT" after his partners third shot.. he gets to try to putt inside of parnters ball for the closest to the pin

Thread Information