CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar

Wie Wants Ryder Cup

Well since no one has bit at posting this thread yet, and we haven't had our usual supply of wie lovers vs bashers in awhile.
    I submit for your humble pleasure, that the woman who has won no professional event on either pga or lpga, nor done more in a mens event than make the cut in an obscure asian event (finishing just out of winners spot at 12 shots back..sigh), has now decided to announce she desires to play in the Ryder cup.
    Which means she is actually saying "I will someday finish in the top ten men on the pga"???????????????????
    Can even the wielover's support this statement?
    my oh my!

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.a...0&select=20617
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    How about "Wie" (I just had to ) don't even go there.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

The Women's tour

I am one who would love to see Michelle play regularly on the women's tour and forget about the men's tour until she gains some confidence that only comes from winning. To be fair her comments on the Ryder Cup were taken out of context as she was asked if women could ever play in the event. I am sure she was not bucking at getting a spot there, after all, you have to earn you way there and it would take an idiot captain to name her ahead of the countless men's professional who will always be in line and more deserving than any woman on tour. Besides, Hal Sutton has already captained a team.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    So absolutely ridiculous that it does not even require comment.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I need say no more

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    I think that the interviewers love to ask Michelle questions that will cause controversy. She isn't going to say, no I would hate it. She has a very competitive nature. If you have massive dreams then you are more likely to succeed in some of them.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    But could she beat "Dick" in a match play event?

How many strokes would she need to give him?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent
    But could she beat "Dick" in a match play event?

How many strokes would she need to give him?
    What's the record for number of innuendos in a sigle post?
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    What's the record for number of innuendos in a sigle post?
    Hard to top 100%.

In my defense, I didn't actually intend to do it. I noticed after I wrote it and figured I'd leave it that way.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    As someone who has defended her right to accept sponsor's exemptions and play against the men, I must say that I think she's gone completely "barmy".
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Actually those are probably some of the most level-headed coments that I've heard/read from Miss Wie. Pretty lofty aspirations for a 16 year old. Good for her.

It's kind of fishy the way that the reporter seems to try and slant the story in one direction. The bit that caught my eye...

In the long term, Wie hopes to play in the Ryder Cup someday.

“That would be awesome,” she said. “But I think it’s totally possible. The players are getting better and stronger and starting to work out a lot more. I hope we can do it.”

The reporter tries to make the statement about Wie herself and seems to be trying to elicit a certain response from the reader. Meanwhile it's obvious by her response that she's making a statement about women in general.

That type of reporting is becoming far to common these days, and IMO it's not "cricket". Notice that the by-line is credited to the AP and not to a specific author...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    But that is what she has to become more aware of. Being in the spotlight like she is, there are many reporters out there that will jump at the chance to put a spin on a remark of her's if they know it will get a rise out of people.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by little brit
    I think that the interviewers love to ask Michelle questions that will cause controversy.
    Agreed. She needs to be very careful what she says in interviews. Nothing wrong with the comments she made other than they are a little naive. The men she so badly wants to play against are also getting bigger and stronger, so I can't see it happening.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons
    She needs to be very careful what she says in interviews.
    Agreed. I have had formal media training, and when you see somebody who is good at being interviewed it's amazing.

Reporter: So, jvincent, do you have any comment on the cars that your errant tee shot on the 12th hole destroyed?

jvincent: I believe that the focus I applied to my golf game today was what led to my victory over "Dick". I was able to battle through some tough times out there against a worthy competitor and ultimately emerge victorious. I credit my strong worth ethic and my superior golf equipment, which I build myself.

Pitching Wedge lngdrvcantputt is on a distinguished road
    aymen brother, nough said

Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    So absolutely ridiculous that it does not even require comment.

"Richard"
    Donny....

in·nu·en·do (ny-nd) Pronunciation Key
    n. pl. in·nu·en·does
    1. An indirect or subtle, usually derogatory implication in expression; an insinuation.
    2. Law.
      1. A plaintiff's interpretation in a libel suit of allegedly libelous or slanderous material.
      2. A parenthetic explanation of a word or charge in a legal document.

6 Iron hhk is on a distinguished road
    Why does anyone have their shorts in a knot over this? If a 16 year old boy announced that he wants to play in the Ryder Cup one day, who would question him? No one, that's who.

My daughter is trying out for the flag football team at school. It's not a "boys" team, per se, but she's the only female at the tryouts. And she's kicking butt. We need more of this, not less.

Go get 'em Michelle.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Hey, at least we get to see her in her 10th men,s tournament, she got an invite to the European Masters today. More fuel for the fire and the media hype
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    If she could be among the top 20 golfers in the world playing with the men good for her. Do I think she would come out and say I am going to play in the Ryder Cup? Nope.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Mike Weir has a greater chance of making the US Ryder Cup team than Wie
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    She will not gain any points this weekend. Not after her +7 start in the European Masters. I witnessed two of her drives, one with a driver, one with a 3 wood and can you say QUACK QUACK?
    I suppose another Wie caddy will be released if she fails to make this cut.
    This young girl needs to learn when to be quiet. She needs media lessons, NOW.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Maybe Steve would let Michelle play on team Black in next year's National Capital Golf Tour Ryder Cup. They need another quacker.

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Fine, we'll check out her schedule & make her an honorary member of Team Black!! Hey Mike this is the wrong site but it's part of the thread so it's OK with me.

She's still in her usual "I can do no wrong" approach to life. Just heard her interview and the part about "Other than the par-3's, I played well as I was only +2 today".
    So being +5 on those holes & in 146th place must be just about where she expected to be????

I'm still a big fan (or I wouldn't invite her to our squad) but just play golf girl!!!

Don't worry wiefans. She has it figured out. After telling a reporter today "I don't know what sport I was playing out there", she added that "I know what to work on for next week".
    hmm? I'm guessing she figure out it's: work on her short game, iron play, driving, and putting?
    C'mon, don't be so hard on yourself Michelle! Next week w/the boys back to back should be very inspirational.
    cheers, glass half full Shark
    http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.a...5&select=20633
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I'm staying silent. You all know what I think of team Wie's bull.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

C'mon donny..you can't resist....
    You being a big time blogger..do you have any secret insight on whether her teachers will lighten her homework load?
    She claimed this week that was part of her problem.

I had a laugh trying to imagine Davis Love III telling jerry foltz "geez I just bin grindin it out there man, but I got calculus to do, building my volcano for science class ain't done, there's no rainbows, man schools a drag!"

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Now that's hilarious!!!! Nice one Shark!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny
    I'm staying silent. You all know what I think of team Wie's bull.
    That's the main problem. Because of her age, her entourage (dad, mom, agent, sponsors) is basically running the show. That can't be fun for anyone, let alone a 16 year old. She needs to learn to tell them to back off and just let her play.

Papa Wie needs to take a page out of Earl Woods' book. Be there for her when it's necessary. The rest of the time, stay the hell out of the way.

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny
    Now that's hilarious!!!! Nice one Shark!
    Ditto, that is hilarious.

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/golf...texttype=plain
    enjoy hearing about her "Funnest two days"

Thread Information