100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar

Word from the Unwise!!!!!!!

Well... This is my 2nd full year of golf. I've played ~90 rounds this year.

Things were getting good! I was getting lots of pars, the occasionaly bird and lots of bogeys. I was loving golf! Best 9 ever was a 39 @ the front of Le Sorcier.

I go out 2 weeks ago all tired play awful w/ this ex pro. He starts telling me what I was doing was wrong blah blah so I start tinkering...

Well it's been 2 weeks since than and I haven' thit 1 decent golf shot.

I've hit so many awful shots I have no distance and a slie on my irons. I never had that!

My distances are disgusting you'd think I was 90 years old!

My PW 80, 9I 95, 8I 100-110, 7I ~the same and so on. The long irons I can't get further than my 7 iron! My Drives are a wicked slice if Im lucky I get (LUCKY) 150 Carry.

Next time your playing poorly don't listen to someone there are so many ways to skin a cat that if you leave your plan your screwed.

Just keep that inmind next time your having a bad day... Don't let it turn out into something much worse. I've played ~90 times this year and I feel like I'm trying it the first time! I hate it and I'm sooo frustrated!!!!!!!!

End of Rant

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    The mind often plays havoc which create tension to your game or grips in my case.
    Barely broke 100 few rounds back, then almost break 80 a couple of games later.
    Enjoy the ride...

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I could've told you that dH, but when we play a round together just listen to everything I tell you.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dH
    Well... This is my 2nd full year of golf. I've played ~90 rounds this year.

Things were getting good! I was getting lots of pars, the occasionaly bird and lots of bogeys. I was loving golf! Best 9 ever was a 39 @ the front of Le Sorcier.

I go out 2 weeks ago all tired play awful w/ this ex pro. He starts telling me what I was doing was wrong blah blah so I start tinkering...

I've hit so many awful shots I have no distance and a slie on my irons. I never had that!

My distances are disgusting you'd think I was 90 years old!

My PW 80, 9I 95, 8I 100-110, 7I ~the same and so on. The long irons I can't get further than my 7 iron! My Drives are a wicked slice if Im lucky I get (LUCKY) 150 Carry.

Next time your playing poorly don't listen to someone there are so many ways to skin a cat that if you leave your plan your screwed.

Just keep that inmind next time your having a bad day... Don't let it turn out into something much worse. I've played ~90 times this year and I feel like I'm trying it the first time! I hate it and I'm sooo frustrated!!!!!!!!

End of Rant
    Ouch! I'm feelin' ya bud. You gotta go slow when you're making changes. One thing at a time. Work it in and then move on to the next change. Too much at once can be dangerous, as you are seeing. You need to take it back to the range.

p.s. No cats were harmed in the making of this thread.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

I hear ya but the weird thing is I'm tryign to do my old swing and for some reason my coordination just can't like I've never felt as unatheletic as now as when my gym teacher told me I had no chance of making the volleyball team! lol.

It's just so weird I"ve litterally dedicated the entire summer to golf. I guess you don't appreciate what you had until its gone. When I was playign I still wanted to get better but now I"d give "Richard's" left arm to be able to play like I was. I'd give mine but that wouldn't help my swing.

Lobwedge:

I hear ya but I"ve been to the range 5 times now, thats 500 shanks in a row!

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Lobwedge:

OUCH!!!

Stick with it, you'll shake your funk soon

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Lobwedge:

Sounds like you need to take a breather. Take a bit of time away from golf and think about/do something else for a week or so. Then go back to it with no real swing thoughts or ideas of what you are going to do, just swing, chances are you'll have lost all the negative thoughts, tension and baggage and you will be able to get ot back on track.

I'm playing my 4th season but don't get out as much as I would like to unfortunately (approx 10-15 times a year ), my swing is really inconsistant, one day woods are good and I can't hit my irons, another irons are on and can't putt etc etc. I find that I play best when I just slow down and at address (this is going to sound stupid) hear all the noise around me, for instance the wind, birds, cars etc. Somehow this helps clear my mind. The moment I start thinking "I just need to pop this on the green" or "don't slice for heavens sake" or "keep that arm straight etc etc" i'm in trouble.

Good luck dH.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar

In my experience people who actually know what they're talking about don't dispense advice unless you ask for it.
    People who like to hear themselves talk will be happy to give you advice even if you don't want any, and their advice is usually poor.
    If I were you, I'd take Hanks advice and get away from the game and clear your head of those thoughts. Maybe drink some tequila or smoke a blunt (not that I condone this behavior) and start fresh.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Good call. I"m going on vacation next week I"m not gonna pick up a club until than I'll play once when I"m there hopefully inebriated so its purely for fun. When I return hopefully I'll be back in order!

What sucks about Ottawa is that you can't "Take 1 week off" to calm down as we only have like X amount of good weeks. Ahh if only we had a nicer climate.

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    I took a lesson about a month ago,left feeling really good.
    Now....i cant hit a ball if my life depended on it!
    Its to the point that its embarrsing
    Never again.
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I feel your pain DH.... I posted this before but a few years back, I was looking at becoming a real low handicap, I was between a 7 and a 9 at the time. Took 4 lessons from a good teaching pro at our club.... by the end of the summer I was up to a 17 cap and it has taken me years to get my game back and I am still not into single digits cap.... I fluctuate from 9 to 11

I will never take another lesson or tinker with my ugly gawed awful swing...... it works for me... I will never be great, but I play low 80s and enjoy myself!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    ... I will never be great, but I play low 80s and enjoy myself!
    How many holes do you normally get in before you hit that score??

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker
    How many holes do you normally get in before you hit that score??
    Ussually by about the 13th ro 14th.... smartass
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hehehehe!!

Albatross Powerdraw is on a distinguished road
    this is what Hogan meant by digging it out of the dirt...sometimes the dirt is as hard as concrete. Players who want more, and get better in this never ending journey will pay the price for change. Anyone who has taken lessons or tweaked and stuff knows full well that when you do, you cant look back. The mind does not work like this, it adds on like building blocks. I feel your pain and have gone through it many a time, but you must stick to a plan with someone you trust. Not only will your swing come back, it will be even better.

good luck warriors!

LOL thanks for all the advice everyone; I'm going to try and get another lesson on vacation. Had one from him last time he's on the Senior European Tour or was as he got disqualified last event for scorecard error(whooops!). Anyways after I had my original lessons with him I was hitting so well golf was unbeliably fun. Could even hit my 5 iron 200 yards. Ahh those were the days hopefully they'll be back soon because golf isn't fun when your shooting 120+ when you've shot 90's lol as anyone can imagine!!

I think I was getting better as I didnt' listen to anyone after I got a basic swing. I'm not trying to be pro here I just want to shoot in the 90's hopefully 80's or 70's one day and have fun not go out tones but still hit them 80 yards staraight 40 yards left w a 5 iron lol.

Thread Information