CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Got My Card zoic is on a distinguished road zoic's Avatar

Neither rain, nor sleet, nor flat tire ...

shall stop a golfer from teeing off.

Got a flat about 1-1/2 miles from the course this morning. Stopped and looked, a blowout, checked the time and changing it with those new fangled contraptions they give you these days was out of the question if I wanted to make my tee time

Balancing loosing the tire against loosing my round of golf was a no brainer. I finally wheeled into the parking lot at only 10km/hr which was the best I could do as speed continually dimished trying to push it to the course.

Whew! that was close, almost missed my game. Played crappy anyway thinking about the stupid tire the whole time, but I played nonetheless.

Now to see who bad I am going to pay for it.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer"

[/COLOR]Kevin

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    OMG Kevin!!! You Sir are one dedicated golfer

LOL, that is what is said to all the heads that turned with the racket I created driving the car like that. They were all just shaking their heads though, like a tire was really important or something.

[/COLOR]Kevin

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker
    OMG Kevin!!! You Sir are one dedicated golfer

I'm not sure that 'dedicated' is the word I would use. He will understand once he sees the cost of a new rim as well as a tire..... hopefully it was an ordinary rim and not a special customized jobbie!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

The tire isn't a big deal, but you might find the rim to be the real issue

I hope that it isn't toast

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    You are a true golfer and my hero

It is just a garden variety Honda Civic, should be lots of them in the wreckers yard by now. If it comes down to it I will but one of those cheap rim and tire jobs from crappy tire, the car is a lease which ends in about 2 months. With the low mileage I stand to make a few grand on the buyout/resale, in fact I have two people waiting for a price already.

[/COLOR]Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by zoic
    in fact I have two people waiting for a price already.
    Hopefully they don't frequent this forum

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Sounds like the time I had to haul my dog out of the pond at Nortel Corkstown. It was a few years ago in the early spring. He decided to take off and go in for a swim and chase some geese and their young'uns. birds wouldn't get out of the water, they just kept swimming around in circles. After about 40 minutes of yelling at him to get out of the water and cursing those geese, and him looking back at me like "but there's birds in the water", I ran my other dog back to the car, and ran back to go in after him. Remember this is early spring. The water was so cold it felt like I had been hit in the chest with a baseball bat. The air gets sucked right out of you. I was soaked and frozen, and still had to walk back to the car and drive home.

Barely made my tee time, but I was chilled to the bone and you could have bounced a quarter off the muscles in my back.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    You drove the rest of the way on a flat? Love it! You sir are a golf pig! BTW, what did you end up shooting?
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    although your rim could be toast.....you are right about the no problem getting a cheapo used steel rim and hubcap from the wreckers....prolly even a retreaded tire if you wanted to go that far lol.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    My buddy owns a tire shop on Bank and Walkley i'm sure he'd sort you out , LMK i can call him.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Kevin-your priceless--check to see if it was a CTC tire--they usually come with a blowout warranty--I am not sure about the rim
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster
    My buddy owns a tire shop on Bank and Walkley i'm sure he'd sort you out , LMK i can call him.
    Hmmm, I am going to need 5 new 17'' SUV tires, I am hesitating cause they are about $250 each. I might have a chat with your buddy in the spring
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Law
    You drove the rest of the way on a flat? Love it! You sir are a golf pig! BTW, what did you end up shooting?
    I think I ended up with 95 (recapping all the bad scores in my memory), was really more interested in getting the tire changed so I just threw my card in the golf bag.

I have a few options and friends in the industry too, worked automotive for 20 years.

First things first though, golf tomorrow, then call and see what I can get rolling. HAHAHAHA, rolling, ..... get it.

[/COLOR]Kevin

Golf tomorrow???hmm I may have to do this as well.
    PinShark

Well apparently we can add alarm clocks to this list. I am mister sleep in til 10AMif there is nothing important happening in the morning, so I need to use an alarm clock for mornings I cannot wake up naturally. I remindedmyself 3 times to see the alarm clock last night. Had to move it up to 6AM from 6:15. Great, only I forgot to move the little switch in top to set it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz 5:54 I sit alomst bolt upright, focus on the clock ans see it is 5:56, aaaahhhhh!, 4 minute power snooze, then it hits me, I never actually set the alarm.

Thank you golf Gods for not letting miss another one.

[/COLOR]Kevin

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Zoic, you must be a shift worker, either that or a night owl. I work shifts and notice you on here a lot when I am. The alarm clock issue is another problem.....cannot wake up at anytime of the day without it!!!! As for driving to the course on a flat tire.....that must have been priceless to just pull in and leave your car there with a flat while you golfed!!! Would have loved to seen the reaction on other peoples faces as they walked by your car!!! LOL

No, not a shift worker, but a self employed PC repair technician. I can sort of make my own shifts depending on the volume of service requests and client availability.

I woke up again at 6AM, that was scary, hope it is not going to be a habit. The upside is I can roll over and fall asleep in a New York minute

The car was parked right at the entrance, so I bet you are right about it catching some reactions from people who noticed it. I can assure you anyone there when I rolled in would notice it, the noise was suprisingly loud, and there was that faint smell of burnt rubber.

[/COLOR]Kevin

Just an FYI for anyone interested, I finally got around to chasing down a tire, go figure it is a special tire that only fits a Honda Civic. The list price was 217.00, but I have connections and got it at Firestone on Carling for $125.00, installed. The rim was OK, otherwise I was looking at about another $50 minimum for an aftermarket one.

Bill at Firestone is top drawer, call him if you ever need some tires for your car.

[/COLOR]Kevin

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Very lucky break on that one.......but what an expensive round of golf. I know my tires are about $150-$200 and my rims are up around $400. Would have been cheaper for you to call a tow truck to take you to the course!!!!!

Just an FYI for anyone interested, I finally got around to chasing down a tire, go figure it is a special tire that only fits a Honda Civic.
    That sounds very strange to me. But hondas can be strange. What size tire (width/height) is it zoic?
    PinShark

Quote Originally Posted by kerisb
    Very lucky break on that one.......but what an expensive round of golf. I know my tires are about $150-$200 and my rims are up around $400. Would have been cheaper for you to call a tow truck to take you to the course!!!!!
    It would have been cheaper to put on the rescue tire, money was not the issue though, time was.

[/COLOR]Kevin

Pinshark, the tires are Firestone FR690 P185 65R15.

I could have bought a used tire for $30, but a Michelin, not the same. Wanna keep it OEM so I can flip it on the buyout in a few months and not have to negotiate over silly things like mismatched tires. It was a bargain at $125, I will not regret it come selling time.

[/COLOR]Kevin

Pinshark, the tires are Firestone FR690 P185 65R15.

I could have bought a used tire for $30, but a Michelin, not the same. Wanna keep it OEM so I can flip it on the buyout in a few months and not have to negotiate over silly things like mismatched tires. It was a bargain at $125, I will not regret it come selling time.
    I would have to say good decision, staying with OEM. I have never leased a car so I forget about those things.
    PinShark

Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark
    I would have to say good decision, staying with OEM. I have never leased a car so I forget about those things.
    for sure, it is my first one so I had to think about this situation before deciding. The tire was leaking very slowly over the last year, had to top it off every 3 months, so it was going to need some money thrown it eventually, I was just hoping to make it last through the lease.

[/COLOR]Kevin

Thread Information